Gary Owers: In or Out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

In
18%
Out
82%

Total votes: 471

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Let's see the forum's opinion on this.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Get shot of them current standing at 92% surprised 2 have voted in ????
as i have said soo many times inept, clueless, uninspiring, he has achieved nothing as a manager anywhere....and we are the bloody fools that thought he was going to save us ? Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marmoduck

Post by Marmoduck »

Too late. It no longer matters. Unless a supporters trust-like organisation achieves a broader-based ownership and is prepared to start a Wimbledon FC-like revival over the next decade, it's the end, fin, slut, finito. Since this scenario is as likely as Torquay Athletic challenging the Exeter Chiefs for the Premiership within the same decade, given the present ownership's appeal to the estate agent mentality of Torbay Council, it looks as though TUFC is, very sadly, history.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Out. And immediately at the end of the season to give the new manager time to find new players. Don't make the same mistake as this season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

In his BBC interview Clarke Osborne stated that the club cannot be "totally reliant upon what has happened in the past, which is a series of people who come in, believe they can do something, but fail because it's not sustainable." Well Mr Osborne this applies equally to those that manage the football side of the club and not just to the relocation of the stadium.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Says it all about Torquay United as a football club when the only manager to have achieved his remit after Ling and the only man that actually gave a shit about the club and it's fans and tried to give something back was treated the worst.

Knill took the money and took the club to the brink of relegation to the football league. Hargreaves took the money and the club out of the football league and Owers took the piss and the club out of the National League.

Say what you like about Nico but he did everything he could with his hands tied behind his back including driving the team bus and he was sacked for an absolute dour, monotone loser like Owers.

Bugger off Owers. There are people out there working their balls of in supermarkets, warehouses etc and doing what they are being paid to do and actually producing. You haven't done that and once again it's another failure who is stealing money off the club.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Marmoduck wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 17:32 Too late. It no longer matters. Unless a supporters trust-like organisation achieves a broader-based ownership and is prepared to start a Wimbledon FC-like revival over the next decade, it's the end, fin, slut, finito. Since this scenario is as likely as Torquay Athletic challenging the Exeter Chiefs for the Premiership within the same decade, given the present ownership's appeal to the estate agent mentality of Torbay Council, it looks as though TUFC is, very sadly, history.
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 18:06
Knill took the money and took the club to the brink of relegation to the football league.
In fairness to Knill he wasn't paid a wage in the season he took over from Ling. He offered to come down here on an expenses only deal.
Last edited by Jerry on 23 Apr 2018, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yorkieandy wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 18:06 Says it all about Torquay United as a football club when the only manager to have achieved his remit after Ling and the only man that actually gave a shit about the club and it's fans and tried to give something back was treated the worst.

Knill took the money and took the club to the brink of relegation to the football league. Hargreaves took the money and the club out of the football league and Owers took the piss and the club out of the National League.

Say what you like about Nico but he did everything he could with his hands tied behind his back including driving the team bus and he was sacked for an absolute dour, monotone loser like Owers.

Bugger off Owers. There are people out there working their balls of in supermarkets, warehouses etc and doing what they are being paid to do and actually producing. You haven't done that and once again it's another failure who is stealing money off the club.
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Hired with a poor CV.
Not good enough to keep us in The National League.
Will squander any chance we have of bouncing straight back.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

The only issue is that he is Osbornes choice, so what ever we say is pointless. He's going no where
Lucy
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I voted remain - mind you I did that a couple of years ago on a more important issue but found myself pissing into the wind! ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jerry wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 18:26 In fairness to Knill he wasn't paid a wage in the season he took over from Ling. He offered to come down here on an expenses only deal.
TUFC spokesman:
"Hi Alan. I see you are currently on a sabbatical from management after your last job at Scunny went arse up?"

ALAN:
"I am yes. I'm desperate and skint".

TUFC:
"How do fancy coming down to Torquay for about 2 months with all expenses paid to get us out of a relegation pickle? We had to sack Martin Ling because he was mentally ill and we don't like mentally ill people. A bit like as with spiders, we don't understand them so we get rid."

ALAN:
"That sounds very interesting. You do know about my 'squirrel incident' though don't you?"

TUFC:
"Yes. We heard. Although as i've said we don't want mentally ill people anywhere near the club however, i am prepared to accept that your 'episode' was a one off so long as you keep us up Alan."

ALAN:
"Well i'm so grateful! That sounds amazing! How much will i be paid? I don't work for nothing and out of the goodness of my heart you know."

TUFC:
"Well it's expenses only just for a couple of months but this might interest your 'good side' as i can clearly see all you want to do is come down and help the club because you are such a kind person Alan. We have a chairperson called Thea and she's minted. Come down for 2 months on expenses and the job is yours next season with a millionaire chairwoman! It's happy days Alan! You're back man!! You can sign any old shite money no object!! Money, money, money - must be funny in a rich mans wor........oh sorry. Just got a bit over excited then. :Oops: ".

ALAN:
"Whooooooooooooopppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! So you mean it's one of those jobs where i get what i want and if it goes tits up then i still walk away with bulging pockets?"

TUFC:
"Absolutely Alan. Hey. It ain't my money so go for it i say! Oh Alan. You are such a selfless person. Coming to the other end of the country to help us out FOR JUST 2 MONTHS AND YOU WILL HAVE A JOB AT THE END OF IT AND A STUPID SALARY although of course. You are doing it because you're a good person. Must remember that. It's one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for me apart from that time i asked Thea for a pay rise when all i did to justify it was just toss it off in the boardroom. Not literally, the cleaning bill would have been horrendous and i ain't wasting any of Thea's cash on cleaners when my holiday to Mauritius needs paying for!"

Other than that Jerry, you do have a point. Knill came to us on expenses so apologies to Mr Knill for getting him all wrong.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Any particular reason why you feel the need to make everything into a personal attack? it's the same with Owers, why can't you stick to commenting on their failures as managers (no disagreement on this from me) without all the unpleasant nonsense?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

If he was capable of getting us out of the National League South he wouldn’t have got us into it .