Radio Devon next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Radio Devon next season

Post by davethegull2 »

Will RD continue to provide commentary for Conference South? If they pull out, is it possible to have our own service via this website? I have no idea about the legal side of doing this but in this day and age it should be easy to do a live commo through modern mobile phones.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Didn't James Vickery yesterday say Radio Devon would still be covering Torquay matches or did I mis-hear?
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I didn't hear him say that Nick. But hopefully if true I won't have to change my Saturday night routine.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

several teams in the NATIONAL NORTH and SOUTH have local bbc radio commentaries. Hereford. York. Telford. are just 3 that are given a good service. so there's no reason for Devon not to continue unless they don't think we are worth it.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

York are the only 'big' club in the area Andy so therefore by default they are usually on live commo's otherwise there would be no footy to cover in North Yorkshire. Both Scarborough and Harrogate get coverage but rarely get live full match commentary. I'd expect that to change next season however if Harrogate end up in the NL but by and large it is by default that BBC Radio York cover City's games because they lack bigger and better alternatives.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

nickbrod wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 09:31 Didn't James Vickery yesterday say Radio Devon would still be covering Torquay matches or did I mis-hear?
I'm pretty sure I heard the same thing shortly after the match finished.
TUST member 203