Hartlepool United V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 20:09 evening all.
proud to say I was one of the 152.
unfortunately that's as good as it gets.
on to the game - controlled it and actually played well.
their goal was an unlucky one as it was deflected and gave Vince no chance.
it was the pen miss that cost us. Williams hit it well, but it was at a good height for a save.

dominated from that point, second half there was only one team in it - can only think that the pools had one chance following a scramble from a free kick. the red card was defo a red - even if the pool fans argued with me about it in the supporters club after
scott loach, who is a good goalie - kept them in it - he made three or four top saves - plus the pen.
we hit the post, reid went close twice as did healey and barnes.
it just wasn't our day.
or season.
the end.
good evening.
I thought they were going to kick off Chris, especially 'little man syndrome' at the bar, I looked for somewhere to put my glass down ready to **** one of them if they started but you did manage to calm them down a bit. God knows what they'll be like if they sink another division.... :slap:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 20:28 I thought they were going to kick off Chris, especially 'little man syndrome' at the bar, I looked for somewhere to put my glass down ready to **** one of them if they started but you did manage to calm them down a bit. God knows what they'll be like if they sink another division.... :slap:
always had it under control Mick.... :} =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

A sad day in the history of our club. It was all left far too late before we assembled a decent squad. A relegation may be the wake up call the club needs, although the doubts from the top with Osbourne etc do not make it easy.

I'm convinced we can come back again, we have great support. We need to get in front of Osbourne ASAP, get him to regularly communicate to fans in person ASAP and get a TUST member on the board ASAP to push us in the right direction.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Tonight, in North Somerset, there's a man who spent a couple of hundred quid today paying for some fans to go to Hartlepool. Chicken Feed.

He's probably enjoying a glass of wine knowing that he's another step closer to the end prize.

Any chance of somebody voicing their annoyance at the directors box on Tuesday?....................No? Ok then.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Burnhamgull wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 20:53 Any chance of somebody voicing their annoyance at the directors box on Tuesday?....................No? Ok then.
Why! there will be nobody in it.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 21:00 Why! there will be nobody in it.
:lol: :rofl:

I have to say that's a cracking reply Mellow! But sadly accurate.

As is Burnhamgull's post. 100% agree.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I can't remember which game it was this season but I took my girls and we sat in the family stand. At the final whistle, we slowly walked out and there, sat in the directors box, was Harrop. Not a single word was uttered in his direction by anybody. Like Jerry has said in another thread, nobody says anything probably because of the children present.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

How did the players react at the end of the match?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

standupsitdown wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 21:38 How did the players react at the end of the match?
They did a lap of honour!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

No consolidation but the Non-League Paper goalkeeper of the day was Hartlepool's Scott Loach. With his penalty save plus others he kept United at bay.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 21:00 Why! there will be nobody in it.
:goodpost:
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Midlandgull wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 20:44

......and get a TUST member on the board ASAP to push us in the right direction.
why do so many people think this proposed board will have a mind of its own?
The new board will simply made up of lackeys who will do Osborne's bidding because none of them will shareholders. Osborne owns 90% of the shares, he cannot be challenged by anyone.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Agree.

The TUST have no chance of even sporadically meeting with Osborne let alone arrange regular ones. He doesn't want to play ball and that's why the TUST should bin him off and along with him any pie in the sky hopes of working in harmony and finally say "right, if he wants to play at that **** game then it's game on."

As i've said all along. The TUST should FIGHT AGAINST Osborne and not try and WORK WITH him because whilst the former might end up being futile, the latter as a concept is just so laughable it's beyond any reasonable comprehension that it's a total waste of time trying.

I'd rather waste my time fighting than waste it begging.

To clarify though, this is not a criticism of the TUST at all but just my preferred way of approaching the current situation. The TUST approach is different to my way and they are approaching it in the manner they feel is most appropriate and i fully respect that but it's just not my way.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 23:03 Agree.

The TUST have no chance of even sporadically meeting with Osborne let alone arrange regular ones. He doesn't want to play ball and that's why the TUST should bin him off and along with him any pie in the sky hopes of working in harmony and finally say "right, if he wants to play at that **** game then it's game on."

As i've said all along. The TUST should FIGHT AGAINST Osborne and not try and WORK WITH him because whilst the former might end up being futile, the latter as a concept is just so laughable it's beyond any reasonable comprehension that it's a total waste of time trying.

I'd rather waste my time fighting than waste it begging.

To clarify though, this is not a criticism of the TUST at all but just my preferred way of approaching the current situation. The TUST approach is different to my way and they are approaching it in the manner they feel is most appropriate and i fully respect that but it's just not my way.
Actually Andy, TUST have put on Facebook tonight that he has agreed to meet with TUST "In the next few weeks."
This is following a hour long phone call between Michael Thomas and Osborne.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Ok fair enough Chris.

The TUST are doing some great work but people responsible for this whole debacle and taking the piss out of fans need to be held accountable and the TUST won't be trying to do that which is their prerogative of course.