Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

No problem, apologies if it came across as personal.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

TUFC92 wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:31 No problem, apologies if it came across as personal.
No probs TUFC92. Likewise on my part too.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

In today's DevonLive story Gary Owers, who clearly will be remaining the Head Coach for next season, says that pre-season planning is already under way and that for me is good news. Especially as he says the club has to change its attitude.
Apparently the club have made "significant offers to a number of the squad as well as speaking to players outside the club." Once the season is over there are going to be trial games to assess other players.
Sounds positive and, for a long time, proactive.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

nickbrod wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 11:44 In today's DevonLive story Gary Owers, who clearly will be remaining the Head Coach for next season, says that pre-season planning is already under way and that for me is good news. Especially as he says the club has to change its attitude.
Apparently the club have made "significant offers to a number of the squad as well as speaking to players outside the club." Once the season is over there are going to be trial games to assess other players.
Sounds positive and, for a long time, proactive.
Says to me that the club have accepted we will be relegated (even if they can't say so publicly) if they are already trying to recruit players for next season. No point signing NL players for the NLS and vice versa.
grubshed
Trialist
Trialist

Post by grubshed »

Jerry wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 12:23 Says to me that the club have accepted we will be relegated (even if they can't say so publicly) if they are already trying to recruit players for next season. No point signing NL players for the NLS and vice versa.
Agree remembering saying something like that a few months ago to someone who stands near me . We should be out and about watching games in NLS making contacts , seeing who is out of contract trying to pick up some NLS experience . Also looking at teams, playing conditions etc etc.
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Paul John »

All went wrong after Chris Brass left same happened since he left Bury and now he’s back at Burnley!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Useless
TUST MEMBER
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

So the Mardy Geordie and his mate have failed to achieve 50+ points.
Even his totally incompetent (according to some on this Forum) predecessor ,whose name escapes me for the moment, managed to do better in much more trying circumstances.
It's time for our esteemed General Manager to review our finances for 2018/19 and come up with a face saving conclusion "that reluctantly we have to let Messrs Owers and Kuhl go because we can no longer afford them".
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jack wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 09:07 So the Mardy Geordie and his mate have failed to achieve 50+ points.
Even his totally incompetent (according to some on this Forum) predecessor ,whose name escapes me for the moment, managed to do better in much more trying circumstances.
It's time for our esteemed General Manager to review our finances for 2018/19 and come up with a face saving conclusion "that reluctantly we have to let Messrs Owers and Kuhl go because we can no longer afford them".
Good post Jack. However, the club can't let Owers & Kuhl go 'cos they can't afford it. Interesting post from Paul John. Yes - things did seem to fall apart when Chris Brass moved to Bury.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

They indeed can't afford to let Owers and Kuhl go.

For CO , finding more ''yes' men willing to share the burden of flak on their journey together down through the leagues will prove difficult.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Well done Gazza.

Nearly an entire season simply isn't enough time to get the points required for survival is it? Especially when you consider the huge clubs competing in this league. You know, the likes of Boreham Wood, Fylde, Bromley, Solihull and the like. I can see why you struggled.

Or maybe it's just because you are absolute SHITE.

I'm sure you are looking forward to delivering more of the same next season.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 21 Apr 2018, 17:23, edited 2 times in total.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 17:17 Well done Gazza.

Nearly an entire season simply isn't enough time to get the points required for survival is it? Especially when you consider the huge clubs competing in this league. You know, the likes of Boreham Wood, Fylde, Bromley, Solihull and the like. I can see why you struggled.

Or maybe it's just because you are absolute SHITE
What he said.
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Owers has got to go. Has had the best part of a season to get it right (with an increase in resources) and failed. Any manager in most professions enters a job with the expectation of managing EXISITNG resources better with the hope that he/she may get an increase in resources or maybe able to change some personnel. Owers was put in a more advantageous position and still failed. He now needs to take responsibility and do the right thing, along with Harrop - fat chance!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I’ve hated every minute of Owers tenure. He was shite from the word go and has no credibility at all. I wanted him gone in October and now I’m led to believe he is here to stay. You can’t make it up. Virtually a whole season and relegated with 2 games spare.
But the thing that gets me most of all and why I can’t wait till he’s gone is his voice.
Interviewing Gary Owers is like interviewing someone recently bereaved from up Nuuuurth. He is so dull , even duller than Bryan Robson and that’s saying something. How the **** can you inspire anyone when you sound like you need cheering up let alone any one else.
Just **** off Owers for pity’s sake and allow us all to wallow in our self pity with dignity without saying another word !!!
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Gary Owers on Radio Devon gave what was clearly an emotional interview ....... he recognised how sad the fans must be feeling but said he feels “ten times worse”. Sorry, Gary, but that is simply not true .... for you it is simply a job but for the fans of the football club - particularly the 150 “diehards” that were there - it meant a lot, lot more than that. So, please, don’t insult us by saying you felt worse than fans of TUFC - at some point you will move on and get another job ..... like all the players who wore the shirt today .... unfortunately for us, we can’t.