Hartlepool United V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Barrow but we heading for Weston Super Mare anyway.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

At last we've got what we deserve.
Osbourne, Harrop, Owers & all the players f**k off.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think Helen Chamberlain put it best in the 'Telegraph' article when she says that it's like putting an old dog down - you know it's going to happen but it doesn't make it any less sad.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

All over.
I suppose in the end we did well to take it to the last few minutes of the penultimate Saturday.
If only we didn't have an owner who only wants the ground we could be going into next season with hope for the future.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Thanks for the half price travel Osborne now **** OFF!!!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

RIP TUFC.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Dutchgull wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 16:04 Stockport County beat them to it !
The extant former football league clubs currently playing at the lowest level in the pyramid are Durham City in the Northern League division 2 and Nelson in the North West Counties division 1; both at level ten.
That is the equivalent of the Western League division 1.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

152 away fans. Actually really good turnout all things considered.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Second half, cannot fault them, absolutely brilliant!

If we’d have banged out more performances like that we would never have been in this mess!!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

OK, so we are down. we can commiserate with the likes of Brechin City. the first British side to go down having not won a league match all season. the longest stretch for them was 16 defeats on the trots. and after that run, I suspect many of the supporters had trots too.
So we look forward. (well those who want to follow us after many have dropped off.) to trips to Weston-Super-Mare. Not sure where the ground is compared to the Railway station but close enough I can catch the train hopefully. Gloucester City. we up in Evesham. Hereford Utd. not sure if a bus can get me home after. Truro. assuming they don't go up. and Chippenham. Not sure about Poole but they did win today. I don't think we will win the league next year either. I'm still firmly of the opinion the plan is to run us down but make it look as if the opposite is happening.
I'm Surprised Mss Chamberlain stuck her head above the Parapet. she didn't exactly show much support for us in the end.
at least we did win the odd match. unlike Brechin. wow, their supporters must be the best in the land after that.
May predictions were not far off though, were they?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Sad day to be a tufc fan, too little too late. The least they should have done under these circumstances is won! But no... the same old bollocks! **** useless! They should be ashamed of themselves! The fans have played their part! The board, players and management simply did not. I will be going to see the last two games but only to see them perform badly again but the difference is I won’t give a flying **** and hope they look as stupid as they have all season.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

After 50 plus years that is me finished
Would I return? Perhaps if they were to appoint a proper manager but not if this useless duo stay
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

evening all.
proud to say I was one of the 152.
unfortunately that's as good as it gets.
on to the game - controlled it and actually played well.
their goal was an unlucky one as it was deflected and gave Vince no chance.
it was the pen miss that cost us. Williams hit it well, but it was at a good height for a save.

dominated from that point, second half there was only one team in it - can only think that the pools had one chance following a scramble from a free kick. the red card was defo a red - even if the pool fans argued with me about it in the supporters club after.
scott loach, who is a good goalie - kept them in it - he made three or four top saves - plus the pen.
we hit the post, reid went close twice as did healey and barnes.
it just wasn't our day.
or season.
the end.
good evening.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Top man Chris.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Seemed like if we had played that game ten times we would have won it on 9 occasions - typically of our season today was the day we didn' t.

In the position that we were in you simply have got to score the penalty so absolutely no surprise that we missed the bloody thing.

The last five minutes were still really tough to take though.

Anyway that's it blame who you like - theres a pretty good selection to choose from - its all over.