Telegraph Article

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Hi Clarke. I’m one of those anonymous internet people you speak of. I think you’re a c**t. If you ever came to Plainmoor I’d say it to your face and would no longer be anonymous. Thanks.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yes can't understand the anonymous people he mentions as all their details are on here,the only anonymous one is CO himself!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 18:20 Hi Clarke. I’m one of those anonymous internet people you speak of. I think you’re a c**t. If you ever came to Plainmoor I’d say it to your face and would no longer be anonymous. Thanks.
:goodpost:
Good work Louis and Ali. Sadly I don't think it will stress our owner too much but nevertheless, great to see it in print
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Still no exact details about what kind of stadium. ? Where ? And the position to the club is in regards rent ECT.

I'm not a businessman , I assume now we pay a modest rent with a long lease which is secure ?

I assume with a new stadium rent can be increased willy nilly and we have no long term security. if we are just using it 30 times one afternoon out of " 364 days and nights " then maybe our use of it won't be so important

Part of the attraction of coming to plainmoor is finding somewhere to park , walking past houses and then seeing this magnificent stadium which is our home in the middle of it all.

It would all be lost with a synthetic feeling stadium in the willows or where ever with plenty of parking. No thanks
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I believe the rent on plainmoor is in the region of 16k pa.
Unfortunately although you like parking away from the ground and then walking up to it, for many people the lack of parking is a negative. I would have attended far more games at plainmoor if I thought there was easy parking to be had.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Perhaps a balance then with car parking. I've been to Doncaster rovers stadium and no character whatso ever. Been to York city and has character and history all over it
...just strolling to the ground gives you that feeling of history.
Marmoduck

Post by Marmoduck »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... eague/amp/
Yep. The replacement of the manager after a few weeks of this season was an indication of the lack of interest in and knowledge of football.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Learning curve.......should have replaced him in May at the end of the previous season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A lesson he obviously hasn't learnt in sticking by Owers ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

A businessman with a self declared lack of interest in football and with no connection with Torquay whatsoever buys the club and yet CO expects fans to believe that there isn't anything remotely fishy going on. Nobody fitting this criteria would ever LOOK at Torquay United let alone BUY it unless there was a reward at the end of it.

I don't think altruism is in CO's make up.

Rescue! My arse!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 20:57 I believe the rent on plainmoor is in the region of 16k pa.
Unfortunately although you like parking away from the ground and then walking up to it, for many people the lack of parking is a negative. I would have attended far more games at plainmoor if I thought there was easy parking to be had.
I would keep Plainmoor and put a Park & Ride at the Willows.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 20:57 I believe the rent on plainmoor is in the region of 16k pa.
This is a problem for an increasing number of supporters. In fact there are many supporters who don't qualify for a disabled blue badge for 'not being disabled enough' and therefore cannot access disabled parking at many grounds but yet they still have equal significant needs for these spaces.

Then you get grounds like Plainmoor where it is generally street parking only and then the further away you have to park then the more difficult it will be to get to the ground.

I did go to a few games at Derby a few years ago and it was just a nightmare. Despite living only 20 miles away i had to pretty much be parked up at a car park in the area for about 1pm to guarantee a space then twiddle my thumbs for 2 hours before kick off. Ridiculous. The official spaces directly behind the South Stand were usually all already taken by parking season ticket holders prior to the game. Obviously that was an exception as there were usually over 30,000 fans going to games but there are people who are just as impacted as 'officially disabled' people but who can't access parking nearby.

I'm unsure whether Plainmoor78 is highlighting the parking issue at Plainmoor based on him being disabled or similar or whether he finds parking just generally a pain in the arse. I must admit that whenever i've been to Plainmoor i've had no problems dumping the car in one of the side streets near Cary Park like Devons Road etc. Surely it must be easier now with half the usually crowds? Unless there have been restrictions put in place?

Overall though i do agree with P78 generally about parking being an issue at a lot of grounds.

Also agree with Westie about the character of grounds. I've been to Donny a few times too and it reminds me of Chesterfield but just bigger. A soulless bowl of a ground with zero character whereas places like York and Bury etc are old school places and walking through to the ground you feel like you are going to a proper football match and expecting raw football rather than going to a Donny and expecting a show.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 10:05 A businessman with a self declared lack of interest in football and with no connection with Torquay whatsoever buys the club and yet CO expects fans to believe that there isn't anything remotely fishy going on. Nobody fitting this criteria would ever LOOK at Torquay United let alone BUY it unless there was a reward at the end of it.

I don't think altruism is in CO's make up.

Rescue! My arse!
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Anonymous internet people, are you having a f*cking laugh mate (CO)

And you are not anonymous then!!

Ok pal, meet me anytime you f*cking want?

Its not wonder there has been a surge in left (Corbyn) politics, its because of greedy capitalists like you. Only concern is making more money for your scrooge like pockets, no care of anything other than your selfish greedy motives.

And I will tell that to your f*cking face!

REALLY PISSED ME OFF!
TUST MEMBER
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

I drive to every home match, arrive about half an hour before kick off, and never have to park more than 10 mins walk( and i walk very slowly) from ground.