What is required

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

nickbrod wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 11:14 What is required? To finish fourth from bottom would be the best to hope for in the slimmest of slim chances (ala Blackadder) that somebody else above has off the field problems and goes into administration!
Now where did I put my pillow? zzzzz
So if Dagenham go into administration, which looks likely after reading the Evening standard article, They can not find anyone to invest and the previous owner fell out with a section of fans and just walked away. Does that mean the 4th relegation spot becomes void and they would get offered the chance to stay in the NL?
Our season has been so bad! We do not even have a chance of making 4th from bottom. Its so sad its funny. What a complete disaster the last few years have been.
The only thing that gives you hope is football its self! 91-92 Burnely were in the 4th division now they look like they will be heading into Europe, Bournmouth were in the 4th Division in 2001 now look at them. Accrington will more than likely be playing Sunderland next year in Division 1!
We are at our lowest point in history or will be at the weekend when our relegation is confirmed, Owners are despised by almost everyone the Manager seems hopeless the players not much better than rubbish.
Maybe we all hope there is someone out there with pots of money who maybe used to go Torquay for summer holidays and is ready to be our Knight in shinning armour...
Maybe in 6 years time when we are in the championships playoff spots we will look back at these moments with sombre reflection.
One thing I am sure of is we really cannot get any lower than we are right now!!!! Can we?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Desperate as I am for us to not to drop to the NLS, I really don’t want to avoid the drop at the expense of a decent club like Dagenham.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

If you can't stay up yourself you don't deserve to survive by another club's misfortunes, you make your own luck in life
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Of another club has not played by the rules then fair enough....ive no problem with that. But it wouldn't feel like much satisfaction because we have been poor
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It's such a shame to see our club go so far down the pan. After the Barrow result we don't even look likely to claim 4th from bottom let along escape relegation. ive had to be realistic this time. we are already down. the best thing we can do is prepare ourselves for next season visiting Weston-Super-Mud. Gloucester at Evesham. Oxford City. Truro. Bath. Chippenham. Hungerford. Poole. at least they are a good day out. but just to let you know ive found these singing

Yep the fat lady has already started singing

Thee was a day when i dreamed a dream. But we got relegated instead. but like all Gulls supporters. I can still dream a dream

at least she is worth watching
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Glostergull wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 21:55 It's such a shame to see our club go so far down the pan. After the Barrow result we don't even look likely to claim 4th from bottom let along escape relegation. ive had to be realistic this time. we are already down. the best thing we can do is prepare ourselves for next season visiting Weston-Super-Mud. Gloucester at Evesham. Oxford City. Truro. Bath. Chippenham. Hungerford. Poole. at least they are a good day out. but just to let you know ive found these singing

Yep the fat lady has already started singing

Thee was a day when i dreamed a dream. But we got relegated instead. but like all Gulls supporters. I can still dream a dream

at least she is worth watching
You may have to scrub Poole from that list Glostergull.
They are 5 points from safety with only 3 games left.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I know. that would be a real shame. they are another team enmeshed with GI.
Its a nice place to go. I hope they survive
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Really!Most owners consider success with promotion for GI and Osborne success comes with relegation
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:15Desperate as I am for us to not to drop to the NLS, I really don’t want to avoid the drop at the expense of a decent club like Dagenham.
Decent club eh ~ you think so?

My son and I could tell you a few home truths about Dagenham and being 'decent'; I know a few victims of their 'decency' and failure to correlate between player's remuneration and that of the manager.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 23:25 Decent club eh ~ you think so?

My son and I could tell you a few home truths about Dagenham and being 'decent'; I know a few victims of their 'decency' and failure to correlate between player's remuneration and that of the manager.
I’ll rephrase it then, a Club with decent supporters like Dagenham.