The Riviera Stadium

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Stadia ? Stadium ? Ikea bargin bin special ?

Whatever the correct term I doubt it will ever matter as we won't be seeing one anytime soon !

Osborne is the champion of not delivering stadia.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Perhaps Osborne will donate some jumpers for goal posts in the new cabbage patch? Also it could double-up as an allotment in the Summer to generate income??
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 12:19Merely a statement of fact Merse. I thought you were keen on them. I hate to disappoint, but I won’t be cowed by your condescending attitude.
Calm down dear it's only a joke ;P
TorquayDNA
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by TorquayDNA »

Yorkieandy wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 11:33 Exactly.

I can just see it now. Osborne goes to visit the holding site where his 'stadiums' are kept in packs ready to be built and some reporter turns up and starts quizzing him.

"So Mr Osborne. Where is the new stadium promised to the good people of Torbay i ask you?"

"It's stadia obviously and will continue to do so."

:rofl:

STAYED HERE? - STADIA? GET IT?!! :Oops: :lol:
Andy my boy, you are a legend :lol: :rofl:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

merse btpir wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 14:04 Calm down dear it's only a joke ;P
Joke & TUFC , 2 compatible bedfellows if there were was one at this present time.
And to you ' pointless thread ' contributors, if you read the thread from the start, you were asked what you expect to be built & at what quality & standard.
If you feel there will never be one built, then say so,
Hardly a pointless thread then is it SNW as you've taken the time, & thought about your reply with a valid point on the no ground will be ever built theory.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

NO stadium will be built. Leopards and spots come to mind.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

And charlatans and shitesters!
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Wonder of wonders, Merse, whose sense of humour did you filch?

(That's also a joke!)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 16:07 Joke & TUFC , 2 compatible bedfellows if there were was one at this present time.
And to you ' pointless thread ' contributors, if you read the thread from the start, you were asked what you expect to be built & at what quality & standard.
If you feel there will never be one built, then say so,
Hardly a pointless thread then is it SNW as you've taken the time, & thought about your reply with a valid point on the no ground will be ever built theory.
Really?
Your OP asks and I quote - "What do you expect to happen ? And to what quality ?"

So in my opinion, it is a pointless thread as it will never be built.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I own the domain names to www.rivierastadium.com and www.rivierastadium.co.uk

I know it's petty and rather futile but they were only 99p.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

This is just the sort of response one expects from a bully who has been called out.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SNW, With all the will in the world, I'm trying to be a reasonable fellow fan here, but I do wish you'd pull your thumb out of your arse & bother to read my OP in its entirety, where you'll find I asked the question quite early in my post, & ,I quote...
" what do you expect, or not as is more likely, to be provided by Clarke Osborne & associates "
And I go on to give a few examples on what COULD be provided if it is ever built to which I counted with the fact it is highly unlikely given CO's history.
Are you being deliberately flippant with your childlike provocation within your posts ?
If you feel the thread is pointless, why give your , & I grant you, a fairly valid point you make about it not ever being built, opinion ?
It intrigues me immensely, why you have obviously skip read the OP & cherry picked the bit that has stirred your nest to reply to, & dis at will.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

It's if ? When ? What ?

1st answer = unlikely

2nd answer = got to be minimum 2 seasons from start of next.( 2020 )

3rd answer = be a airfix type stadium
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

If he gets some land, he will build houses. And we will be even further in debt to him and his business interests than we are now. No stadium will materialise.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 21:39 SNW, With all the will in the world, I'm trying to be a reasonable fellow fan here, but I do wish you'd pull your thumb out of your arse & bother to read my OP in its entirety, where you'll find I asked the question quite early in my post, & ,I quote...
" what do you expect, or not as is more likely, to be provided by Clarke Osborne & associates "
And I go on to give a few examples on what COULD be provided if it is ever built to which I counted with the fact it is highly unlikely given CO's history.
Are you being deliberately flippant with your childlike provocation within your posts ?
[highlight=yellow]If you feel the thread is pointless, why give your , & I grant you, a fairly valid point you make about it not ever being built, opinion ?[/highlight]
It intrigues me immensely, why you have obviously skip read the OP & cherry picked the bit that has stirred your nest to reply to, & dis at will.
provocation???

really???

I was giving my opinion again that you asked for.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468