The Riviera Stadium

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Teigngull wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 17:53After reading Merses views on what type of stadium is likely to be provided & erected by our ' hermit ' of an owner. It has got me thinking. What do you expect, or not as is more likely, to be provided by Clarke Osborne & associates, is it the ' flat pack, meccano style , 1500 capacity, done on the cheap cheap expected by the likes of Merse
What I did say was:
'Give him enough time of strangling the life out of this football club and it's relationship with it's supporters, and it will drop so low in the football pyramid a cheapo ground something akin to Buckland Athletic will be put up as the so called Riviera Stadium rather like his 'IKEA style' self assembly job sitting in a South Wales yard still waiting to be moved to Swindon.'

Trying to concentrate minds on just where Torquay United will be as a football club by the time all the prevaricating, objections and 'refinements' have been done ~ be sure; there will be refinements and they won't be expansionist either.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree merse it's futile. Also agree the end bit ....we only discussing what we might expect because no one has told what we might expect. But we all feel its cobblers because osborne has not delivered a stadia yet ....in fact has left numerous sporting groups homeless.

Question osborne; why no graphical vision ? Because it's never going to happen is it

Anyhow we don't want it either ...so good luck
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Exactly, come out into the open and talk about the plans for the future. Surely Mr Osborne that's not too much to expect.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Artists impression is the term I belive

#Piss artists more like
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

This is exactly where I wanted this thread to go, get it out in the open, let's get the hermit to poke his head above the parapet , let's call him out, he cannot make continuous noises about new stadiums & not produce a plan or drawing for all of us to see without finally being brought down to earth.
What are your exact plans Mr O ? Hiding away in your hobbit hole is doing you no favours, all its doing is enhancing the view that your a rebel without a clue.
C'mon Clarke, time for the truth, what is your vision & what is the reality ? Anybody who gets shouted down as much as you do, would at least try & appease their doubters, wouldn't they ?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

No drawing ..no explanation on what the ' other benefits are ' exactly how does this benefit the club Mr Osborne ...or does it just benefit the benefactor ?
I couldn't care about GI group.com ltd plc.net forward slash greedy so and so's

All we care about is the survival of our club at plainmoor.
If I had the remotest thought a new ground would benefit the club I would maybe consider it ...but I bet it won't

The extras I assume will benefit the group involved not the club.
Only reason you say the club need a new stadium is so go gi have more fingers in .more pies
Can't even be arsed to give a business plan or a artists impression to the fans.
Full of crap !
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Stadia is the plural of stadium. When one is writing of an individual football ground it should be referred to as a stadium. For two or more football grounds stadia would be the correct term. Sorry, but failure to use the correct term annoys me.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

nickbrod wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 20:38 Exactly, come out into the open and talk about the plans for the future. Surely Mr Osborne that's not too much to expect.
He can't come out into the open as he'd quickly turn to ash when hit with the sunlight.

That tends to happen to bloodsuckers according to Bram Stoker anyway.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 08:12 Stadia is the plural of stadium. When one is writing of an individual football ground it should be referred to as a stadium. For two or more football grounds stadia would be the correct term. Sorry, but failure to use the correct term annoys me.
well f**k me its the grammar patrol.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Anyway, back on topic, its a pointless thread as most of us know that no new stadium will ever be built.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 09:33 well f**k me its the grammar patrol.

it’s.... :lol:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 08:12 Stadia is the plural of stadium. When one is writing of an individual football ground it should be referred to as a stadium. For two or more football grounds stadia would be the correct term. Sorry, but failure to use the correct term annoys me.
In Osborne's case it is unlikely that the word stadia will ever be required.
Chris
TUST member 479
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

oldcommsboy wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 10:49 In Osborne's case it is unlikely that the word stadia will ever be required.
Exactly.

I can just see it now. Osborne goes to visit the holding site where his 'stadiums' are kept in packs ready to be built and some reporter turns up and starts quizzing him.

"So Mr Osborne. Where is the new stadium promised to the good people of Torbay i ask you?"

"It's stadia obviously and will continue to do so."

:rofl:

STAYED HERE? - STADIA? GET IT?!! :Oops: :lol:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 08:12Stadia is the plural of stadium. When one is writing of an individual football ground it should be referred to as a stadium. For two or more football grounds stadia would be the correct term. Sorry, but failure to use the correct term annoys me.
There there; now have a little lay down and a nice cup of tea :slap:
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Merely a statement of fact Merse. I thought you were keen on them. I hate to disappoint, but I won’t be cowed by your condescending attitude. God knows we’ve all had to wade through enough of your long-winded meandering posts on here. I was just pointing out the correct grammar to be used when writing on this matter.