Torquayunited v FC Halifax 14/4/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

No . Woking are not playing on Tuesday (according to the BBC). So it will go on at least till next Saturday. If Barrow win on Tuesday and next Saturday that will be it.
Chris
TUST member 479
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Guiseley have a big say in things as their next three games are Barrow (H) Tues, Woking (H) Saturday and Torquay (A) Tues week.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Current form on the last 5 games
Woking drawn one lost 4 of the last 5
Barrow won 1 drawn 1 lost 3 of the last 5
Gulls won 3 lost 2
If Barrow lose Tues and we can win at Hartlepool next Sat. This is not over..... The fat lady has sat back down for the moment...
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

Also anytime Torquay keep a clean sheet. Its unbelievable to me..
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Commendable sentiment but very very very very unlikely!
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Even if barrow win on Tuesday they still need another win from 3 remaining games. Woking only have 2 games left and we could pass them on Tuesday week if we beat guiseley.
When I look at some of the opposition this season
I do wonder how bad are we.
Luke young applauded the pop side at the end and I think he mouthed "come on, we can do this". Mcginty too.
I still think it's a big ask and fully expect it to be done and dusted after hartlepool away but today was a good day.
Well done the 1500 how turned up, I thought we would be lucky to make 900.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

Woking have not one a game since 10th Feb so it is difficult to believe they will win there last 2 games.
If we beat Hartlepool next Sat I truly believe that we can do this.
Barrow last 4 games 3 are away.. And as porky said they need two wins for safety.
We have to believe... Lets get behind the team for the last 3 games and do this. Let the inquest about ownership and who to blame start if officially relegated or the end of the season.
Come you Gulls
Healey will play a major role in our survival
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

HockeyGull wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 13:52 Funny how the mind plays tricks, could have sworn we won that one!
You're right Mr Arcadia, I should have stuck to hockey. I retired from playing after 36 years service at the end of last season so I haven't missed a home game at Plainmoor since.....enough to send anyone doolally.
You were right though Reid did score! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

great result today... we survive for another week. :clap:

but that's sh1t.... I've just realised that I said if we won and results went our way today then I'd go to Hartlepool next week.... :-o :rofl:

hope to see you all there. :bow: :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Nice to win today but the caveat was that Halifax were playing their fourth game in 7 days.........and it showed.
It's therefore disappointing that we only scored one and therein lies our problem. Total lack of goals.
It's all irrelevant as we'll get our relegation confirmed sometime in the next week.
1500 was nice but there's people only going now because they have ST's. I'm one of them.
Osbourne is getting an easy ride and I don't know if Harrop is still at games but inside the ground, you wouldn't realise this was a fanbase unhappy with the ownership. There's no aggression, no passion, no anger.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Glostergull wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 15:58 but it would get rid of a large debt to Thea. and he could walk away laughing.
There is no 'debt to Thea' she was daft enough to write it off and the trust mandate is to communicate with 'the club' not the owner...in this case it's Harrop and Herbert who get put up for the job by the owner.
Last edited by merse btpir on 14 Apr 2018, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

We’re not wining the next 3 games, I am sorry buts it just not happening. We are dommed!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

And I assume he would lose on the returns to the club or would or would it be the case the company who issued loans be a creditor with a small percentage...
Either way I assume admin wouldn't be in his favour

As for poor thea , osborne says nice things about her ...i bet he tickling his own bslls as she passed the key over without a invoice attached to it !!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 19:24 There is no 'debt to Thea' she was daft enough to write it off and the trust mandate is to communicate with 'the club' not the owner...in this case it's Harrop and Herbert who get put up for the job by the owner.
Osbourne will not 'write off' nor walk away from his investment without calling in his loans. And he will do this by whatever means it takes. If he does walk, the football side will not be centre stage in any project plan for recuperation of monies owed.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

That's right; I am amazed that after all his time there is confusion and apparent refusal to acknowledge the FACTS even by people who have run their own companies and must have a basic grasp of basic business practice.

The wholesale refusal to acknowledge, and delusion over Thea Bristow's disposal of responsibility makes me angry to the point of contempt for people who just cannot or choose not to see that when you are the majority shareholder YOU are responsible for the welfare of a company and it's fit and proper disposal if you tire of it.

By that very abdication of responsibility Bristow showed herself to not be a fit or proper person to own a football club! Torquay United was not disposed of responsibly by any stretch of the imagination; it was passed on to people with no capital, very limited means to run it solvently and this ultimately led to it landing in the lap of someone who loaned it money.

Please take this on board Andrew (Glostergull) ~ you should of all people know better!

...and by the way; some time ago (because of your past experience of working with Clarke Osborne) I sent you a personal message which you have never answered so I'll ask it publicly. I'm told Osborne has a brother called Edwin who is also a property accumulator; what I wanted to know was are they the sons of Ted Osborne?
....you'll know the significance of that.