What is required

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I think what's required is to treat the next game in the same way we treated the Woking game. All positive and belief we can win and wanting the game to start and not leaving nothing to chance. There is no reason we can't go to Dover and win this football match. None of this take a point rubbish

Roll on tomorrow
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

desperado wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 18:20 See what you are saying Stefano but I really think that will be the best we can hope for, depends on how
many of those 4 teams we have to catch on the last day,one or two maybe ok
SNW is right, it is pointless trying to predict results, but some of us cant help but do it
Go to 'The Football League Calculator - The Fishy' and do it properly !
I had us surviving on 49 points with Guisley, Chester, Solihull, and Woking going down
Yes, some of us can't help transforming into 'Mystic Meg' by trying to predict results. But you and SNW are right - it's a futile exercise, especially towards the end of the season when there are often crazy results. There will be many unexpected results between now and the end of season, probably starting with tomorrow.

I tried the prediction game last season with four or five games to go. I got more results wrong than right. I remember Forever posting 'predictions are a waste of time. Take each game as it comes' or words to that effect. Wise words.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

If we win 4 out of the final 6 games, Do we think that is enough? If so The Dover game is the first in four that is not a must win? Most seem to think anything out of this game is a bonus. If we do win at Dover it would I believe put us in a great position to stay up..
The pressure on the last two games must have been immense.. To come through with two wins... maybe the footballing gods are looking out for us..
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Winning 4 games could be enough, but we just don't know. I think the best approach is to just focus on each game as it comes and try to win. It's surely a much better idea to try and win today rather than set up to draw because we need to get the points on the board now, rather than delaying any further. I'd like to see us go for a win v Dover, we have the attacking threat to do it.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Anyone know if Dorel is deemed fit?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

The next game is most important ....if we.lose today and the rest all win then we shall all be saying at 5pm it's all over

Go 4 win ~ we shall not get a better chance to win a game of football today as when tomorrow comes today will be gone.

It's all gone a bit negative after the great Easter bonannza

We shall win
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 08:53 Anyone know if Dorel is deemed fit?
Apparently having a fitness test before kick-off.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

The four club's immediately above us to go into administration.... today.
Failing that, a Royal Decree that all clubs with Torquay in their name cannot be relegated this year.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Tuesday night is the decider for me, IF we win that then you have to look at the saturday game v Halifax - who would have played Tuesday AND Thursday - as an easier 3 points. Take 6 from the next 2 games and the table should be interesting
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Pretty much all over now, another six points tuesday and saturday is all that will keep it alive but then
only if the other 3 drop points
but beating Fylde would have been very difficult even before we lost Romain and Healey
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well, that was a shock to the system. I really didn't think things would go so badly against us so quickly. I think our bolt has been shot already. I never expected Solihull to beat Hartlepool. but they did. Daggers only drew as did Guisley. so this is how the predictions went

Saturday 7th April.
Dover Athletic v Torquay United I think we can get a draw. it also possible we could win it. but I don't think so this time.Nil Point this time.

we lost badly. I hoped against hope I would be wrong. on top of that, we have lost our two main goal scorers

Dagenham & Redbridge v Woking. I think Daggers will win this one..they are middle of the road this year but won fairly comfortably today. A win for Woking would put them far enough ahead the pressure will be off them but I cant see that happening. can you?

Woking drew 1-1. against Daggers. are they feeling less pressure. could they hear the results from Dover?

Leyton Orient v Barrow. Orient blow hot and cold.but they have improved and won their last two so I think they could well be victors. but Barrow could get a point out of it.

Well, I was right on this one.Orient won fairly emphatically

Hartlepool v Solihull. Hartlepool has found their feet and has been winning. Although they tripped up today against Guiseley I don't think they will do against Solihull.

This was a shock. I truly expected pools to win this one. but Solihull actually turned up to spoil the party

Maidstone. v Guiseley. Maidstone will win this..nul points for Guiseley. a draw would be best for us to keep both in the mix. a win will put Maidstone out of the mix.
Chester v Tranmere Rovers. Tranmere should win this at a canter. Chester is all but down and I think a defeat to Tranmere will all but confirm it.

the table could then look like this.
Woking.................44 Woking............45
Barrow..................42 Solihull............44
Solihull.................41 Barrow.............41
Torquay.................38 Torquay.............37
Chester................. 31 Chester............31
Guiseley .................29 Guiseley.............29

Maidstone is now effectively out of the mix. We are now 8 points off safety. with only 5 to play. way too much to catch up. I did say we wouldn't get anything today. but I was praying others would trip up. and they didn't really oblige.

I don't think the results change the forecast of the rest of the season. but this is likely to be the position now.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I,m not sure you really live up to your tag line Glos !
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Clearly we have to win all 5 games taking us to 52 points. In that unlikely event we could well still finish above Barrow, Woking & Maidstone, who I think will all end up on about 51. Hopefully two of them will. Effectively all that's changed today is that we've lost the one game from the last eight hat we could afford to lose. It was probably the most difficult fixture and we probably didn't deserve to lose, but we've also lost key forwards for the following fixture(s). Sadly I fear it will all be over on Tuesday.

Solihull – 44 points

Maidstone United H 3
Guiseley H 3
Fylde A 0
Eastleigh H 3

= 53 points

Barrow – 41 points

Eastleigh H 1
Ebbsfleet H 0
Guiseley A 3
Aldershot Town A 1
Bromley A 1
Chester H 3

= 51 points

Woking – 45 points

Maidenhead A 1
Bromley H 1
Guiseley A 3
Dover Athletic H 1

= 51 points

Maidstone – 47 points

Solihull Moors A 0
AFC Fylde H 0
Chester A 3
FC Halifax Town H 1

= 51 points
GullPete

Post by GullPete »

If we win all of our matches in the season can we stay up? Coyy
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

GullPete wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 20:54 If we win all of our matches in the season can we stay up? Coyy
GullPete if we win the remaining 5 matches, Not only will I think we will stay up! But I will also start believing in miracles the Easter bunny and Father Christmas. :lol: :lol:
Sadly I think we will all be put out of our misery on Tuesday night especially with dealing with suspensions!