Dover v Torquay Utd. SAT 7TH APRIL. ko.3PM

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

The sending offs have killed us - particularly the 3 game ban for Romain. We might as well appeal if there is any chance of it being overturned - might run the risk of an extra game (i.e 4 game ban) but what does it matter?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

So our normally calm assistant manager loses his Khul! Could be a very interesting interview with Owers coming up.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I doubt Keating starts, He's not even getting on the bench at the moment. Pittman is getting picked over him.... I just think we have to start keating and Reid. with Williams. Knowing Owers he'll change the formation up
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Is there really any point in trying to blame Reid - quite pathetic actually.

Yes we have been poor for most of the season but it doesn't really make it any easier to take.

There was nothing much in that game by the sound of it until the referee tried to make a name for himself. I can take decisions going against us but Galifuocco has committed another foul almost straight after being booked. It doesn't look like the referee has applied the rules even handedly at all.

Whatever you say if he we had had this team earlier in the season we wouldn't have gone down.

The commentator is saying that there was definitely contact on the Healey penalty appeal - in which case its a penalty surely isn't it? How the hell can it be a bloody booking?

We are probably the only team in the relegation pack who would ever get their two main strikers sent off in one game. It wouldn't happen to anyone else.

Just want to get this season over - I am hoping we can come straight back up next season.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Rubbish game. Draw would have been fair. Pathetic ref. Dover are a horrible team.
Nothing less than five wins needed now.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

We don't stand a prayer of coming straight back up next season.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Just heard the sound bite from Owers on the radio and he is scathing about the ref's performance and general refereeing in this league.

I appreciate the anger towards referees but sadly we will not change the result, just as we have never changed previous results down to poor refereeing. Our predicament is purely down to the poor performance of the team in the first 2/3rds of the season
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

There is more than one way to peel an orange. We are going to have to reshuffle the squad for Tues game but not necessarily based on replacing our missing forwards on a like for like basis. Tactical flexibility will need to be the order of the day. Make Williams a 'false 9', then bring in, Dowling and O'Sullivan and set up a midfield attacking formation of 4-1-4-1. The true power in this formation is tactical flexibility in that with single swaps of players, the 4-1-4-1 can immediately transition into other formations, if needed. This will allow our team to react quickly and effectively to changes made by the opposition.

Felt sorry for the players today, they put in a shift. Its looking pretty grim now but while there is a fighting chance we have to keep the faith.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 07 Apr 2018, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

6667GULL wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 17:30 We don't stand a prayer of coming straight back up next season.
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Regardless of the referee today, we have had 40 games to get ourselves into a better position than 22nd.

Maybe todays ref was shit, but our team has been shit all season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

"Rank refereeing". Thought Owers made a good point about there being no UK referees in the World Cup and none with any talent coming up from the lower leagues. Let's be clear how many National League games have we watched and all said the ref had a good game?
I agree, from what Owers said about Romain, the club should appeal.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

portugull wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 17:06 I wonder if this referee lives in Kent or Essex?
He’s from Barrow, but has lived in Solihull for the last 20 years. His mum lives in Woking.

Agree, O’Sullivan will return. Also like the idea of O’Sullivan and Dowling either side of Williams. Think it more likely Owers will go with O’Sullivan, Reid and Williams, though.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I can't believe what is being suggested on here. That the Conference League officials appoint an official with geographical connections to the two clubs we have to overtake to survive in a vital game. I am sure they check these things out very carefully and spend hours on considering such matters. Surely that can't possibly be right.. why would they possibly do such things? Are you suggesting these people are totally inept.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

He has given 9 red cards in 20 matches this season now.
Most refs have given 1 or 2. The guy is clearly not up to it.
Tust member 191
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Expect Merse will be on to defend the referee in a minute and say he got everything spot on !