What is required

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

To be a football fan you have to have at times to have belief that others find totally irrational. Its THE key ingredient for following a club.

I will go for 49 points for survival this year and believe that Solihull and Barrow might not do quite as well as some people are predicting.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Despite the ever so slight optimism that I have, looking at the form guide for the last 6 games doesn't fill me with optimism so much now.

We are 8th in form guide, Chester and Woking for instance are 23rd/24th.

However this is the worrying thing:

Ebbsfleet are 1st, Flyde are 2nd, Hartlepool 6th, Dover 7th. Needless to say we have them all to still play.
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Glostergull needs to factor in FC Halifax's fixture on Thursday 12 home to Gateshead. In fact when Halifax come to Plainmoor on Saturday 14 they will have played Sat 7, Tues 10 and Thurs 12. By the time we play them it'll be their 4th match in 7 days.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

gateman49 wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 21:46 Thanks a bundle Barrow, good result for us tonight!
They haven't won at home since last October, that's 11 games. Three out of seven of their final fixtures are at home.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I’ve had another look at it and tried to predict the games, mainly to decide whether I’ll be happy with a draw at Dover.

Solihull – 41 points

Hartlepool United A 1
Maidstone United H 3
Guiseley H 3
Fylde A 0
Eastleigh H 3

= 51 points

Barrow – 41 points

Leyton Orient A 1
Eastleigh H 1
Ebbsfleet H 0
Guiseley A 3
Aldershot Town A 1
Bromley A 0
Chester H 3

= 50 points

Woking – 44 points

Dagenham & Redbridge A 1
Maidenhead A 1
Bromley H 0
Guiseley A 3
Dover Athletic H 1 (very dependent on whether Dover need points)

= 50 points

Maidstone – 46 points

Guiseley A 3
Solihull Moors A 0
AFC Fylde H 0
Chester A 3
FC Halifax Town H 1

= 53 points

Halifax – 47 points

Boreham Wood H 0
Sutton United H 0
Gateshead H 3
Torquay United A 0
Tranmere Rovers H 0
Maidstone A 1

= 51 points

Woking are the only team whose goal difference we might catch – currently 7 better than ours.

So that gives 51 points for safety. 5 wins or 4 wins & 2 draws.
That’s very dependent on results going our way.
52 points is more much likely to be Ok – so 5 wins please.
It's in our hands but needs us to beat teams who we're assuming others will lose to.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

We’re all guessing and hoping for results to go our way. Anything can happen in a 90 mins match. Our main focus is Dover. These next 2 games are the toughest and will decide our fate. I hope the team come out on Saturday with high spirits and give it ago. All we can ask for to be honest.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

nickbrod wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 19:13 Glostergull needs to factor in FC Halifax's fixture on Thursday 12 home to Gateshead. In fact when Halifax come to Plainmoor on Saturday 14 they will have played Sat 7, Tues 10 and Thurs 12. By the time we play them it'll be their 4th match in 7 days.
I think you will find I have. I said we should win this one. we have to. but you know. we are Torquay.. well more Turkey. always up for a stuffing.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

F*cking prediction time again. one of the most pointless things in a TUFC season.
Who on here would have "predicted" that Guiseley would beat Hartlepool away???
Oh yes, nobody!
"What is required" is for us to win all our remaining games.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 09:17 F*cking prediction time again. one of the most pointless things in a TUFC season.
Who on here would have "predicted" that Guiseley would beat Hartlepool away???
Oh yes, nobody!
"What is required" is for us to win all our remaining games.
Win them all and we'll be safe. But is that achievable?
Win all but one and we should be.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

No doubt if we lose on Sat then the usual crowd will say it's all over - with the obligatory 'fat lady' reference. Exactly like when we lost at Lincoln last year near the end. We won't win every game, but we don't need to. We just need to be within 2 points of safety with one game to play.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Mo Gull wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 11:21 We just need to be within 2 points of safety with one game to play.
Don't think I would fancy that. Although we are at home on the final day so are Solihull, Barrow, Woking, and Maidstone, and I would fancy all of them to be able to get a point out of their particular game as with our far inferior goal difference that is all they would need. There has been an upturn in recent results, but I think a 3rd 'miracle escape' in a row is just not going to happen, and the likelihood is we will be 4 or 5 points adrift of safety going in to the final game. Still I suppose at least we will be able to relax and enjoy the game ;-)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

What is required? Wins! 10 points from a possible 12 in the last four matches is good but that form must continue. The next two matches are, in theory the most difficult of the run-in but we still need to win at least one and draw the other. Then we need to win all the remaining games and cross our fingers that it's enough. Sadly though, money is still on us to be relegated - it's obviously not impossible but there are more than four teams in a better position than us.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

See what you are saying Stefano but I really think that will be the best we can hope for, depends on how
many of those 4 teams we have to catch on the last day,one or two maybe ok
SNW is right, it is pointless trying to predict results, but some of us cant help but do it
Go to 'The Football League Calculator - The Fishy' and do it properly !
I had us surviving on 49 points with Guisley, Chester, Solihull, and Woking going down
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

desperado wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 18:20 Go to 'The Football League Calculator - The Fishy' and do it properly !
I had us surviving on 49 points with Guisley, Chester, Solihull, and Woking going down
That is so **** brilliant. I'm going to be up all night now playing with that. So thanks for making me late for my morning appointments tomorrow.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Mo Gull wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 11:21 No doubt if we lose on Sat then the usual crowd will say it's all over - with the obligatory 'fat lady' reference. Exactly like when we lost at Lincoln last year near the end. We won't win every game, but we don't need to. We just need to be within 2 points of safety with one game to play.
Last year we needed to win at Lincoln or Dover, plus the final game.
This year I think we need to beat Dover or Fylde, plus the final four games.

We need to be one point above safety going into the final game as most teams who need to win to stay up do so. Hopefully Maidstone & Halifax are both still involved as they both can't win their last match.