What is required

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Sounds crazy but guilsley might be a bannana skin , think if we win on Monday then I'm not sure the higher up teams will be that keen to play us where guisley really can just be a pain in the arse and throw kitchen sink at us
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

By the time we play guisley they will probably, certainly, be relegated by then. So either they come out gung ho in a nothing to loose mood, or they just throw in the towel like some teams did in our previous great escapes.
You just can't tell what it will be. So all we do is rely on ourselves to get the job done.
For what it is worth I think we need to win six more games, and although slightly more hopeful since Friday we could do it, still feel it is a step too far.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Just worry about Woking on Monday.

And after that, just worry about Dover. And then Fylde.

If we get to the end of the season and we are, as expected, relegated, it will have been the preceding 38 games that did for us, not the last 8
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Not much changes after today. We won as we had to and Barrow & Solihull didn't play (Barrow rearranged for tomorrow).
Maidstone's defeat means they are slightly more likely to be brought into the picture but with 46 points and these fixtures I'd expect them to get to at least 52.

Guiseley A
Solihull Moors A
AFC Fylde H
Chester A
FC Halifax Town H

I really don't think any less than 5 wins from our last 6 games will be enough.
Let's hope for a repeat of last year at Dover.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

A Miracle I'm afraid. but I have put down a few thoughts and predictions for the rest of the season. I would like to see if you can predict a result of three that might contradict my results.

Ok Guys.. this is how I see the rest of April unfolding.
I cant say I'm as Optimistic as some of you this time. I think we left it too late. But this is Turkey United we are talking about. We could get stuffed but will we.
This is my prediction for the run-up to the end. I realy can't see us winning 5 or 6 games to the end. why would we stand the pressure any better than anyone else. I think we will fold.

Tomorrow night
Barrow V Fylde. or Fyffed if you prefer that version. lol
Win for Fylde. I cant see Barrow getting anything from this one

Saturday 7th April.
Dover Athletic v Torquay United I think we can get a draw. it also possible we could win it. but I don't think so this time.Nil Point this time.
Dagenham & Redbridge v Woking. I think Daggers will win this one..they are middle of the road this year but won fairly comfortably today.
Leyton Orient v Barrow. Orient blow hot and cold.but they have improved and won their last two so I think they could well be victors. but Barrow could get a point out of it.
Hartlepool v Solihull. Hartlepool has found their feet and has been winning. Although they tripped up today against Guiseley I don't think they will do against Solihull
Maidstone. v Woking. Maidstone will win this..nul points for Woking. a draw would be best for us to keep both in the mix. a win will put Maidstone out of the mix.. a win for Woking I think will put them too far ahead. but I can't see that happening
Chester v Tranmere Rovers. Tranmere should win this at a canter. Chester is all but down and I think a defeat to Tranmere will all but confirm it.

the table could then look like this.
Woking.................44
Barrow..................42
Solihull.................41
Torquay.................38
Chester................. 31
Guiseley .................29

Tuesday 10th April
This week will be crucial to our chances. I really can't see any Points from this fixture at all. it's cold and miserable up there.
Barrow Entertain Eastleigh and Eastleigh should win this. Only 1 defeat in the last 5 and 2 wins on the trot now.
Chester will almost certainly lose to Bromley. who have returned to winning ways and confidence at Bromley is decent.
Daggers should turn over Guiseley.
Maidenhead should turn over Woking but they are also blowing hot and cold. so Woking could get a point out of it. so I am hedging my bets and going for a draw.
Solihull v Maidstone. this one will be interesting. Maidstone should win, but I can see a draw. although Solihull could even nick a win. which will be a disaster for us.

The table would then look like this.

Woking................45
Barrow................42
Solihull................42
Torquay...............38
Chester................31
Guiseley..............29

at that point I think only Barrow can be caught as Woking on 45 will have done just enough to ease pressure and get the rest of the points they need

Saturday 15th April

Barrow entertains Ebbsfleet who are riding high. win for Ebbsfleet
Chester are away to Boring wood. A win for Boring Wood. will that be a boring win?
Maidstone entertains Fylde. and Fylde will fight like hell to keep up with the leading pack. I cant see Fylffe dropping points. the best Maidstone can do is a draw.
Torquay home to Halifax. this is a must win. or we can wave bye-bye. but I fear a draw.
Solihull v Guiseley. this is the one to upset the apple cart. I think Solihull will win this, unfortunately. I cant see Guiseley doing us any favours here.
Woking v Bromley. I cant see Bromley losing this but its possible woking can pick up a valuable point. and that will further ease the pressure on them.

The table will look like this.

Woking...........46
Barrow...........45
Solihull..........45
Torquay.........39
Chester..........31
Guiseley..........29

even if Torquay win we will still only have 41 points

Tuesday 17th April

Oh Boy, this night will be a decider for us.

Guiseley Home to Barrow.. sorry boy.. but unless Guiseley pulls off the impossible I cant see Barrow losing this. the very best would be a point
The table then looks like this.

Barrow.........46
Woking.........46
Solihull.........45
Torquay.........39 or possibly 41
Chester 31
Guiseley 30

BARROW leapfrog Woking on goal difference

Saturday 21st April

Fylfe takes on Solihull. if Fylde lose this, they want shooting. win for fyffes
Aldershot takes on Barrow. win for Shots.
Chester takes on Maidstone. win for Maidstone. they will be officially safe.
Guiseley home to Woking. the best is a draw for Guiseley. But unfortunately I think Woking will win this one. a scrappy draw could be on the cards
we travel to Hartlepool. and I doubt we will do better than a draw, Pools are doing enough and crowd will be well behind them. they should have confirmed safety even if they only have a draw up to then.

table looks like this.

Woking.............47 or 49
Barrow.............46
Solihull............45
Torquay............41
Chester............31
Guiseley...........30 or 32

Tuesday 24th April
Tonight will be the one to make Barrow safe. a draw on the cards against Bromley
Barrow now on 47 points.

Saturday 29th April

Barrow entertains Chester. Barrow win
Boring wood has Guiseley. Boring win
Solihull v Eastleigh. draw or even possibly a win for Solihull. I feel it in my water
Torquay v Ebbsfleet. best is a win but again I think a draw. although knowing us we will lose.
Woking v Dover. I cant see Dover bending over for Woking but it's not impossible that with the pressure off a win for Woking could be on the cards. Puns entirely intended.

Final table looks like this.I just hope I'm wrong. but if I'm right. then I will offer forecasts for next years pools for a consideration.

Woking......50
Barrow......49
Solihull.... 46 or 48
Torquay....44
Chester....31
Guiseley...30 or possibly 32. Its a moot point at that stage as both them and Chester are down anyway.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Plus our rearranged game vs Guiseley (I’ve read your post two or three times and can’t see any mention of it) where we will win and end up on 47, overtaking Solihull on your prediction. Good post there Glos, do hope you’re wrong though!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think we can throw Halifax into the pot too.
47 points. Have to assume we beat them. They also have to play Maidstone.
Quite possible that they only get 4 points from these games taking them to 51 points.

Boreham Wood H
Sutton United H
Torquay United A
Tranmere Rovers H
Maidstone A

I think it still all points to us needing 5 wins but at least we don't rely entirely on neither Barrow or Solihull going on a good run.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to Glostergull Saturday April 7 fixtures will be a really busy afternoon for Woking as they play away at Dagenham and Maidstone at the same time!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Important last minute winner for Guiseley against Hartlepool. Not only keeps Pool just about in the mix but keeps Guiseley alive, they still have to play the 3 teams above us and we really need them to have something to play for in those games.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hell of a post from Glostergull, hope he slept after that
I think at 5pm saturday if the gap has not increased to any of the catchable teams I will be happy
Thought we would be gone by now, would be amazing if we took it to the last game needing a win and others
to drop points, best we can hope for I think
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

FOR some reason even having logged in I cant edit my post to correct the obvious mistake. Yes I know it says Woking but should have read Guiseley. having said that the eventual predictions are correct. I just pray that what I have predicted doesn't come true. and yes. I did burn a little midnight oil doing that. 2.05am my clock said when i eventually got the post logged on..it took so long to do that the site kicked me orft and I nearly lost the post,

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Greal work , barrow are losing tonight , prey that stays the same
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Louis wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 22:29 Plus[glow=red] our rearranged game vs Guiseley [/glow](I’ve read your post two or three times and can’t see any mention of it) where we will win and end up on 47, overtaking Solihull on your prediction. Good post there Glos, do hope you’re wrong though!
yes, you're quite correct Louis. I made the mistake of using the BBC results service and fixtures list. which we all know is infallible.. Not!. i did my best to cross reference stuff but missed that one. we should win that providing we keep up momentum. Guiseley should be down and out by then. but. there is a bee in the oinkment. many teams that have relegation confirmed then start to play a lot better as the pressure is off. that could cause us a problem or two if we are not up to it.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Glostergull wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 21:57 A Miracle I'm afraid. but I have put down a few thoughts and predictions for the rest of the season. I would like to see if you can predict a result of three that might contradict my results.

Ok Guys.. this is how I see the rest of April unfolding.
I cant say I'm as Optimistic as some of you this time. I think we left it too late. But this is Turkey United we are talking about. We could get stuffed but will we.
This is my prediction for the run-up to the end. I realy can't see us winning 5 or 6 games to the end. why would we stand the pressure any better than anyone else. I think we will fold.

Tomorrow night
Barrow V Fylde. or Fyffed if you prefer that version. lol
Win for Fylde. I cant see Barrow getting anything from this one

Saturday 7th April.
Dover Athletic v Torquay United I think we can get a draw. it also possible we could win it. but I don't think so this time.Nil Point this time.
Dagenham & Redbridge v Woking. I think Daggers will win this one..they are middle of the road this year but won fairly comfortably today. A win for Woking would put them far enough ahead the pressure will be off them but I cant see that happening. can you?
Leyton Orient v Barrow. Orient blow hot and cold.but they have improved and won their last two so I think they could well be victors. but Barrow could get a point out of it.
Hartlepool v Solihull. Hartlepool has found their feet and has been winning. Although they tripped up today against Guiseley I don't think they will do against Solihull
Maidstone. v Guiseley. Maidstone will win this..nul points for Guiseley. a draw would be best for us to keep both in the mix. a win will put Maidstone out of the mix.
Chester v Tranmere Rovers. Tranmere should win this at a canter. Chester is all but down and I think a defeat to Tranmere will all but confirm it.

the table could then look like this.
Woking.................44
Barrow..................42
Solihull.................41
Torquay.................38
Chester................. 31
Guiseley .................29

Tuesday 10th April
This week will be crucial to our chances. I really can't see any Points from this fixture at all. it's cold and miserable up there.
Barrow Entertain Eastleigh and Eastleigh should win this. Only 1 defeat in the last 5 and 2 wins on the trot now.
Chester will almost certainly lose to Bromley. who have returned to winning ways and confidence at Bromley is decent.
Daggers should turn over Guiseley.
Maidenhead should turn over Woking but they are also blowing hot and cold. so Woking could get a point out of it. so I am hedging my bets and going for a draw.
Solihull v Maidstone. this one will be interesting. Maidstone should win, but I can see a draw. although Solihull could even nick a win. which will be a disaster for us.

The table would then look like this.

Woking................45
Barrow................42
Solihull................42
Torquay...............38
Chester................31
Guiseley..............29

at that point I think only Barrow can be caught as Woking on 45 will have done just enough to ease pressure and get the rest of the points they need

Saturday 15th April

Barrow entertains Ebbsfleet who are riding high. win for Ebbsfleet
Chester are away to Boring wood. A win for Boring Wood. will that be a boring win?
Maidstone entertains Fylde. and Fylde will fight like hell to keep up with the leading pack. I cant see Fylffe dropping points. the best Maidstone can do is a draw.
Torquay home to Halifax. this is a must win. or we can wave bye-bye. but I fear a draw.
Solihull v Guiseley. this is the one to upset the apple cart. I think Solihull will win this, unfortunately. I cant see Guiseley doing us any favours here.
Woking v Bromley. I cant see Bromley losing this but its possible woking can pick up a valuable point. and that will further ease the pressure on them.

The table will look like this.

Woking...........46
Barrow...........45
Solihull..........45
Torquay.........39
Chester..........31
Guiseley..........29

even if Torquay win we will still only have 41 points

Tuesday 17th April

Oh Boy, this night will be a decider for us.

Guiseley Home to Barrow.. sorry boy.. but unless Guiseley pulls off the impossible I cant see Barrow losing this. the very best would be a point
The table then looks like this.

Barrow.........46
Woking.........46
Solihull.........45
Torquay.........39 or possibly 41
Chester 31
Guiseley 30

BARROW leapfrog Woking on goal difference

Saturday 21st April

Fylfe takes on Solihull. if Fylde lose this, they want shooting. win for fyffes
Aldershot takes on Barrow. win for Shots.
Chester takes on Maidstone. win for Maidstone. they will be officially safe.
Guiseley home to Woking. the best is a draw for Guiseley. But unfortunately I think Woking will win this one. a scrappy draw could be on the cards
we travel to Hartlepool. and I doubt we will do better than a draw, Pools are doing enough and crowd will be well behind them. they should have confirmed safety even if they only have a draw up to then.

table looks like this.

Woking.............47 or 49
Barrow.............46
Solihull............45
Torquay............41
Chester............31
Guiseley...........30 or 32

Tuesday 24th April
Tonight will be the one to make Barrow safe. a draw on the cards against Bromley
Barrow now on 47 points.
we also take on Guiseley. ooh come on. if we don't win this we want our asses kicking..but wait. Guiseley should be relegated by then. so they will have no pressure on them, yeah right.. this is one huge banana skin. But I will look on the bright side and say a win for us.

The table now looks like this.

Woking.........47 or 49
Barrow.........46
Sorryhull......45
Torquay.......44
Chester.......31
Guiseley......30 or 32. so they could be above Chester.. but does it matter

Saturday 29th April

Barrow entertains Chester. Barrow win
Boring wood has Guiseley. Boring win
Solihull v Eastleigh. draw or even possibly a win for Solihull. I feel it in my water
Torquay v Ebbsfleet. best is a win but again I think a draw. although knowing us we will lose.
Woking v Dover. I cant see Dover bending over for Woking but it's not impossible that with the pressure off a win for Woking could be on the cards. Puns entirely intended.

Final table looks like this.I just hope I'm wrong. but if I'm right. then I will offer forecasts for next years pools for a consideration.

Woking......50
Barrow......49
Torquay.....47
Solihull.... 46 or 48
Chester....31
Guiseley...30 or possibly 32. Its a moot point at that stage as both them and Chester are down anyway.
There. corrected the obvious errors. happy now? lol
also edited to allow for the extra Game Torquay have against Guiseley. It's was a moot point though as It still put United in a relegation spot.

So far. My predictions are on target with Fyffles snuffing Barrow out tonight 3-1. `Mind you. it must have helped having 007 on your side to help you win. :lol. :lol:
its more work, but i might as well update this post each week to reflect what actually happens. and see how predictions could change
Last edited by Glostergull on 03 Apr 2018, 21:50, edited 3 times in total.

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Thanks a bundle Barrow, good result for us tonight!