Easter Monday, Torquay v Woking, 2/4/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

What a result

Well done TO the groundsman for getting the game on , with the momentum we are on they did a fantastic job
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Get in!:
There's always one team that gets sucked in from nowhere. Woking haven't won since early Feb and I think 1 point since then. Massive win, still a glimmer of hope there.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

standupsitdown wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 16:52 Yes !!!!!!
Followed that sitting on seat in Cambridge shopping centre. Just told my wife we've got to go to Dover Saturday. Haven't mention Fylfe Tuesday yet.
Lol very good

It's going to cost you mate , would do with my wife anyhow
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Fylfe? Aren't they banana importers?

Beats the usual Flyde though.

Well what can you say about today. The club shouldn't be in the bottom 4 anyway so nothing achieved yet only failure but there is still an opportunity to achieve survival and when and only when that is reached do we heap the praise and apologies on the shoulders of Owers and co.

Great win though. Guess it's down to Barrow and their games in hand. Win one and that could be a knockout blow. Can't see Torquay winning another 4 or so to catch Barrow / Woking if Barrow were to win a game in hand. Both teams will also surely pick up another win or two during the run in.

Who knows.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

well done to Gary owers and the team, great result
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

My thinking is it so much barrow but over take Solihull and catch up to Woking ....barrow playing tomorrow night
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Good win today. Our next 2 games will be the big test. Both pushing for playoff places.

I think we are still already down, but if we win our next 3 matches, then I might start thinking otherwise.

Let’s get this right though, nobody should be getting praised if we do stay up. This season has been embarrassing.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Enough chances to win handsomely.....Enough scares to have thrown it away.
We can't turn back the clock.......but Jamie Reid managed to nudge it on 20 minutes soon after coming on. Another job for the ground staff!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Congratulations to Mr Owers - ten points out of 12. May not be enough but a fantastic effort just the same.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Cruisinho wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 17:25 Good win today. Our next 2 games will be the big test. Both pushing for playoff places.

I think we are still already down, but if we win our next 3 matches, then I might start thinking otherwise.

Let’s get this right though, nobody should be getting praised if we do stay up. This season has been embarrassing.
That's a bit harsh but I do understand it. I am of the opinion that if Owers keeps the club up 5th from bottom then he has still failed as well as putting fans through the ringer all season unnecessarily which is unacceptable.

However despite the criticism I've dished out to him this season and I still think he's totally useless, even I couldn't not bring myself to offer reconciliatory pat on the back for him.

Nothing OTT but just an acknowledgment that it's job done in the end and lets just forget everything and look forward.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

What I find amusing is that after a defeat there are usually a couple of pages of Owers is a useless tw*t by now but as the team won it's pretty quiet.

Maybe everybody is out enjoying the barmy Easter Monday weather.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 17:46 What I find amusing is that after a defeat there are usually a couple of pages of Owers is a useless tw*t by now but as the team won it's pretty quiet.

Maybe everybody is out enjoying the barmy Easter Monday weather and have also left their mobile phones in the car?

Yep. That'll be it.
No, he’s still useless, but we’ve got no choice but to get behind him! 6 points was a must this weekend, fair play, but it means nothing if they can’t go to Dover next week with some confidence in themselves to perform!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Credit to those who braved the ridiculously shit weather today too and went to Plainmoor. There were many many fans there today who deserve the club to survive.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Great goal by Lemonheigh Evans,a good first half but nervy in second,Torquay certainly know how to put you through the ringer!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So if Owers keeps us up he has failed. You really are an idiot.