Talking Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Ffs, big fish, little fish, feckin cardboard box !!!!! What does it matter ? Why is there a negative attitude already about the size of our pissy little club in the NLS next year ?
We need to forget about size & start thinking about the quality we can deliver to be a success.
The right players to do the job required the right management structure, stay focussed , stay calm & the correct structured football & believe it our not we could be successful
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

I was quoting what was said on the podcast. Other clubs will see us as the big fish that's all
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Forest gull wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 20:33 I was quoting what was said on the podcast. Other clubs will see us as the big fish that's all
GOOD & maybe they'll all shit themselves at the thought of being hammered by a bigger & better outfit !
Positive mental attitude is what's required not this lilly livered panicky Pam attitude that's beginning to rear its ugly head .
Ffs guys grow a pair.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Fully agree with you, we should go into that league determined to win it with some ease. We should go out to win every game.

I was merely quoting the podcast.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Forest gull wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 21:15 Fully agree with you, we should go into that league determined to win it with some ease. We should go out to win every game.

I was merely quoting the podcast.
No problem forest, but we need to rid ourselves of this crappy self doubting cancerous attitude slowly creeping in on this forum.
Next season is an opportunity for us to do better, yes I agree it won't be easy for us but we can always make it easier by making it difficult for the opposition week in week out.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

There's a huge difference between confidence and complacency.

I fear that if we spend the summer thinking we're the 'big fish' or that we're bigger and better than the others then there is a real danger of ill-preparing the squad, them becoming over confident, thinking this league's nothing and then suddenly on a Saturday afternoon in August we're being dicked 4-0 by East Thurrock and wondering how it happened.

Whatever our past, once we are in the NLS we are of exactly the same stature as the opposition. Yes we may have a bigger ground, yes we may have more fans but we are in the same league, we will be of similar ability and we are fighting for the same thing. We cannot go in to any games thinking that we are better because we are bigger.
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Teigngull wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 21:37 No problem forest, but we need to rid ourselves of this crappy self doubting cancerous attitude slowly creeping in on this forum.
Next season is an opportunity for us to do better, yes I agree it won't be easy for us but we can always make it easier by making it difficult for the opposition week in week out.

Absolutely agree. This was another point I made in the pod, perhaps the bigger challenge for Owers (if he stays) is turn around the negative mentality at the club. We’ve been fighting relegation consecutively in recent years, next season we have to go out and try and win the damn thing!
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Forest gull wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 19:56 Hi Ryan, I think the issue is all teams always say its a tough league. They are all tough in their own right.

Fingers crossed we will be a big fish and will jump straight back up again.

Loving the Podcast
Glad to hear it Forest! Thanks for listening. :scarf:
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Goose9 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 21:40 There's a huge difference between confidence and complacency.

I fear that if we spend the summer thinking we're the 'big fish' or that we're bigger and better than the others then there is a real danger of ill-preparing the squad, them becoming over confident, thinking this league's nothing and then suddenly on a Saturday afternoon in August we're being dicked 4-0 by East Thurrock and wondering how it happened.

Whatever our past, once we are in the NLS we are of exactly the same stature as the opposition. Yes we may have a bigger ground, yes we may have more fans but we are in the same league, we will be of similar ability and we are fighting for the same thing. We cannot go in to any games thinking that we are better because we are bigger.
:goodpost:

Just because we are bigger doesn’t mean we are better.

With the current mugs in charge, you could say we are a step behind already.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Goose9 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 21:40 There's a huge difference between confidence and complacency.

EXACTLY, Billy Big Bollocks won't cut it in the NLS.
The correct mental & physical preparation with players who have experienced the league is the only way forward.
Horses for courses, not fancy Dan tossers who don't give a shit like we've been used to for the past few years or more.
We may be a big club at NLS level , well then make it work for us CO,GH,GO,MK,DH &co.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 21:56 EXACTLY, Billy Big Bollocks won't cut it in the NLS.
The correct mental & physical preparation with players who have experienced the league is the only way forward.
Horses for courses, not fancy Dan tossers who don't give a shit like we've been used to for the past few years or more.
We may be a big club at NLS level , well then make it work for us CO,GH,GO,MK,DH &co.
Interesting how many nls have assistant managers or director of recruitment. If this season is to go by, what has our recruitment manager done apart from recommending shite players
Lucy
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 01:50 Interesting how many nls have assistant managers or director of recruitment. If this season is to go by, what has our recruitment manager done apart from recommending shite players
By all accounts , he's consumed vast amounts of chips from various catering outlets (especially plainmoor) & wasted copious amounts of money on sub standard players not suited for this division.
In other words, hasn't a clue about suitable player recruitment but absolutely knows how to keep his nose in the self serving trough.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 08:01 By all accounts , he's consumed vast amounts of chips from various catering outlets (especially plainmoor) & wasted copious amounts of money on sub standard players not suited for this division.
In other words, hasn't a clue about suitable player recruitment but absolutely knows how to keep his nose in the self serving trough.
I think Lucy was referring to Dave hedges, not Geoff harrop.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 20:30 Ffs, big fish, little fish, feckin cardboard box !!!!! What does it matter ? Why is there a negative attitude already about the size of our pissy little club in the NLS next year ?
We need to forget about size & start thinking about the quality we can deliver to be a success.
The right players to do the job required the right management structure, stay focussed , stay calm & the correct structured football & believe it our not we could be successful
totally agree - all the teams will be in the NLS on merit - good for some, or in our case bad as we were sh1te in the national league.

it makes me laugh as its in football everywhere - ie Sunderland "too big" to be in League 1 next season - well guess what?? they will be!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Spot on SNW, and there's nobody bigger in the FL with that shitty " oh woe is me " attitude is there ?.
What I don't want us to do is turn into is the Sunderland of the NLS.
We've already proved to them all, we play at the stadium of shite !
Sorry, we play at a stadium & we're shite !!