New signing Rhys Healey

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Excellent will be back on that tonight

Cheers jerry
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jerry wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 12:48Timbo (the chap who puts most of the programmes up) came to an arrangement with Photobucket so all of his programme pictures have been back on the site for a while.

'came to an arrangement' ?

You mean he gave in to blackmail; that's his personal decision but it will have cost him and they'll come back for more next year.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 13:32
'came to an arrangement' ?

You mean he gave in to blackmail; that's his personal decision but it will have cost him and they'll come back for more next year.
Gave in to blackmail = Pay for a service provided
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

When you've entered an agreement to provide something for free and then demand money on threat of denying access to it; that's not technically blackmail I agree; it's extortion!

No warning was forthcoming; all images were taken down overnight so as to prevent users transferring copy to other alternative sites and a demand for either $100 pa or $400 pa for an enhanced service was posted:

[img src="http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/ ... z0bw9e.png" alt=" "]
[img src="http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7365/7yp1O6.png" alt=" "]
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Can’t beat running your own server 🤓
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Got to agree with merse there. It was mentioned before how that was a service for free then they blocked it for payment. It's kinda blackmail as there has been a lot of work gone in only then to be told the images have gone unless you give us money.

If it had a faint indent accross the picture like some media applications do then , bugger me that's annoying but to delete the images or block them is pushing you into a corner knowing the time to take to 're upload then on a other host would most likely fall below national minimum wage if you invoiced yourself for your own time , compared to money that would have to pay to the original host
Devil and deep blue sea for me. Personally i would rather spend hours reuploading ECT than to give in.

Thank you jerry for the information and thank you to the gent who has provided us with images again , it's very much appreciated and will give me some joy reading through the old stuff.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 19:18Personally i would rather spend hours reuploading ECT than to give in.
Believe me when I say it would have meant months of daily hours to retrieve all the vandalism that they inflicted tracing back the original sources and re-loading them onto another hosting service before being able to replace the dis-figuring damage they caused. You can't imagine the anger and contempt I hold towards them!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yep I can ...not quite the same situation but I spent ages and ages on phone calls and emails to South West film and television archive. I was mega keen for old footage to share with fellow gulls fans. In all honesty it would have only interested a small bunch. Not joking you I was in contact for 2 years and they said I could have this footage after someone who worked in the research department found footage from the 1960s and 1970s of plainmoor. Match day footage and old interviews with ex managers...farrell and the like . They did a great job to finding it for me

I was over the moon as I love history of my club , really anything interest me.

When instead the terms I could use this footage for commercial reason ECT I thought I would be honest and say I wanted to upload it to a forum for a small bunch to enjoy , I'm all honesty it would be less than 100 that would like to see this

They pulled the plug on it all. I do understand protection of the TSW archives but really I'm not making no money and anyone outside of torquay wouldn't have that much interested. Even after I said I would not share they said no.

It might sour grapes but they really let me down and would never deal with them again

Not same thing but same feeling ? I was proper pissed
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 11:42 Is it still running ? Shame used to love the history bit.
Yes it's still running and i've had the misfortune to read yet more tedium by alpine joe. His posts about York City and the recent goings on at York and the Trust are laughable and inaccurate. Take this from someone who actually KNOWS what is going on there.

Does he post anything that doesn't' contain the words TUST MILITANTS or something of the sort? If he did it might be worth reading for a change.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 15:25 Yes it's still running and i've had the misfortune to read yet more tedium by alpine joe.

Does he post anything that doesn't' contain the words TUST MILITANTS or something of the sort?
He rarely does.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 15:25 Yes it's still running and i've had the misfortune to read yet more tedium by alpine joe. His posts about York City and the recent goings on at York and the Trust are laughable and inaccurate. Take this from someone who actually KNOWS what is going on there.

Does he post anything that doesn't' contain the words TUST MILITANTS or something of the sort? If he did it might be worth reading for a change.

He hasn't been back to answer my reply to him where he totally misread my statement about Osborne and Masters. Obviously doesn't have the stomach to face militants ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Dave
He hasn't been back to answer my reply to him where he totally misread my statement about Osborne and Masters. Obviously doesn't have the stomach to face militants ;-)

My hands were shaking too much to lace my DM's up properly. I'd complain to Admin about TUST bullying.....if they weren't also the Admin =D

With no football this weekend are we scraping the barrel for something to stir up to pass the time ?. I feel like Count Dankula trying to say ‘Look I wasn’t seriously advocating that the Jews should be gassed, and my dog isn’t really a Nazi’.

So I might have to wander off to feed the pug in a minute.

Firstly you cannot overestimate the mind numbing triviality of what was most likely accidentally rather than deliberately misconstrued here.

So you’ve got me and Merse, two old duffers who neither use Facebook, and neither of us have looked on Facebook/Twitter to check on what had actually been said.

Merse posted: ‘Has he said ~ as twitter/facebook was supposed to be awash with ~ that Osborne had sold up? No he put a question mark after it which even to an idiot, does suggest he is asking a question’.

The implication being that those who posted on Facebook/Twitter stating that Osborne had sold up, were below the level of idiots. As ‘even an idiot’ would have known that a question was being asked, as idiot level intelligence at least gives you the capacity to recognise the ‘?’ symbol and know what it stands for.

Now Merse, I’m sure, wasn’t being 100% serious. And in my reply to him I firstly attach a smiley to indicate that I’m dreaming up no more than a humorous defence of those ‘below idiot level’ Facebook posters. By the same token, wondering whether the question mark might have appeared somewhere else on Merse’s screen, compared to where I was seeing it on mine, was written in the same vein, i.e humorously and not to be taken literally.

It’s hard to have to try to take this seriously and to explain a pretty weak late evening jokey comment directed to one person (Merse), but instead of accepting the ‘too thick to understand there was a question being posed’ explanation for what inaccurately appeared on Facebook/Twitter, I light heartedly and with ‘smiley’ first remember, in effect reply to Merse ‘Oi maybe they weren’t that thick, but just rushed off to Facebook/Twitter to announce the ‘selling up’ before returning to read up on the less interesting question of who the buyer might be.

It was a reply to Merse that was off the cuff, off the top of my head, call it what you like, and which I’d given less than 10 seconds thought to. It wasn’t particularly witty….but I tried.

Dave then observes: ‘I think you've just taken it as you want it to read’. Well yeah, exactly right, my couple of lines to Merse were saying ‘Hey Merse here’s a (slightly) funny ‘Justice for the idiots’ type interpretation, based on taking it how it needs to be read to cast them in a better and less stupid light than you’d done’.

It was no more than a 10 second post of unbelievable unimportance and triviality, to my mind misinterpreted by Dave, who rightly had other matters of REAL importance on his mind, as his post of a few hours before mine had explained.

In the circumstances letting it lie looked like the ‘win win’ option. I was happy to let Dave draw the conclusions that suited him, plus enjoy the satisfaction he would have gained from having a go at me. In exchange I benefitted from not having to spend considerable time trying to explain the process whereby crossed wires had arisen over something of infinitesimal unimportance.

It’s clearly remained an issue, still rumbling on, so with this attempt to address it, along with an assurance that I will resume being a reader rather than a poster, it would be nice if a line can now be drawn under it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

tl:dr
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »