Torquay v Guiseley 24/04 (PP on 24/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

forevertufc wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 13:59 Are you forgetting 17th and 20th of February. :)
That’s what I meant :lol: :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 13:43 A waste of time debating with idiots whenever a game is called off. They allow their disappointment to take priority over common sense.

Get over it, grow a pair and stop whingeing; what about the coachload of Guiseley fans who had saved all year for a hotel break in the Bay over the weekend to coincide with the match?
Your right, was bored. Agreed about the Guiseley fans. Anyway, I'm off to the Rec to watch one of the few games that appears to have beaten the weather today.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

forevertufc wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 13:59 Are you forgetting 17th and 20th of February. :)
Be fair, he said played, not capitulated.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well there you have it, we are all idiots , we need
to shut up , stop debating the postponement and realise that Luke Young is the reason we are being
relegated
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

At least we can debate for another week, what is needed to survive!!!
General consensus we need 6 wins out of the last 8 games for any chance of staying in this league....
Not losing or drawing this week keeps our dream alive....
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

desperado wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 15:18 Well there you have it, we are all idiots , we need
to shut up , stop debating the postponement and realise that Luke Young is the reason we are being
relegated
:goodpost:
Don’t forget it’s nichos fault too!! And they couldn’t possibly play on tues because they have a match on Friday!
(Pretty sure there’s only 2 days till their match after that on Monday) but what do I know, I’m an idiot!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

It's the crap about 'clearing snow off'; 'being the only game off' and so on.........

There is no way they were going to opt for this Tuesday; one because of the weather forecast and two because they have a programme of training, travelling and match playing over Easter to factor in. A bit of common sense would realise all that to even the thickest of people.

Snow being pushed off pitches can cause untold damage to the top surface ~ you only had to go to Leyton Orient last week to see that or ask Billericay who haven't managed to stage more than one game since they did it and totally wrecked their pitch.

Nobody wants a postponement but this is a particularly prolonged and wet winter and the south west is particular heavily affected by rainfall.........get real!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Here we go again.....:zzz:

Well it’s just as well we have an owner willing to put his hand in his pocket every week, Torquay still one of the very few clubs in NL not to be in financial bother, because no home game for 3 weeks or so must be making a dent in the coffers
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

desperado wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 15:18 Well there you have it, we are all idiots , we need
relegated
Surely Nicholson is to blame for the poor drainage
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 19:12 Surely Nicholson is to blame for the poor drainage
I’d definitely say so.....
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

[quote=goody2449 post_id=223137 time=1521915376 user_id=23903]
Here we go again.....:zzz:

Well it’s just as well we have an owner willing to put his hand in his pocket every week, Torquay still one of the very few clubs in NL not to be in financial bother, because no home game for 3 weeks or so must be making a dent in the pocket

I'm no businessman so with that in mind ....

But don't the club owe riveria stadium a ton of money ?

Point I'm making against the point your making has osborne put in his hand in his pocket with no consequence or does the club owe him the money
Back.?

When it comes to crunch involving the stadium I wonder what bearing this has ?

Just as well your head is not the club because if it were you might just end up with a big bump on it when it gets dropped from a great height
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

goody2449 wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 18:16 Here we go again.....:zzz:

Well it’s just as well we have an owner willing to put his hand in his pocket every week, Torquay still one of the very few clubs in NL not to be in financial bother, because no home game for 3 weeks or so must be making a dent in the coffers

Point I'm making against the point your making has osborne put in his hand in his pocket with no consequence or does the club owe him the money
Back.?

Just as well your head is not the club because if it were you might just end up with a big bump on it when it gets dropped from a great height
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 19:30

Back.?

Nor am I a business man. My point is, the lights are still on at plainmoor, staff are still getting paid, somebody’s footing the bill, because nobody has walked through the turnstiles, or bought a pint or a programme for 3 weeks, so we should be at least grateful for that
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yep I get all that but if he owns the club then it's his duty to pay for the lights being switched on and the staff being paid.
But what s the final cost of this going to be for this ' favour ' as you seem to make it sound
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Not a favour, just think we should be grateful, we could be in financial woes like most other club in the league. I’d imagine match day revenue, although not much would prob contribute a little to the outgoings