New signing Rhys Healey

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Why don't you just shut up!
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 19:22 Why don't you read the Romain thread where i was the first to give praise for how he'd started. Why don't you read through the Owers thread where i have posted GIVING him praise when it has been due which has not been often but it has happened. Why don't you read through properly. I give praise when i believe it's due no matter how much i dislike a player / manager or whatever (see Billy Bodin thread) so i suggest you read through threads properly and don't pick out the bits that tries to validate your criticism .
:O blimey. It's fine to give praise when due and it is also fine to give criticism when due (everybody has an opinion, what the forum is about which is completely fine) but there is a difference to critisicing a decision etc and picking at anything you can. I note that you didn't answer the question of whether you would have made the post had we held on? Would it have been an issue that Healey didn't come on earlier if we had won the game? I'd suggest it wouldn't have been.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Dazza wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 18:45 I totally agree Murdog. I am exactly where you are. However what we have on the site are a number of hindsight merchants. It's a wonderful quality to have - but it's a real world - and none of us actually have it.
Maybe, but personally speaking I was crying out for Healey to be introduced long before they equalised - so no hindsight from me, thank you!

That's not to say that Williams and Romain didn't put in a good shift but sometimes fresh legs are what is needed in tight games in order to keep the opposition on their toes. By the way, if we had of introduced Healey it needn't necessarily have been for a striker - it would have been a bold move but he could have gone 4-3-3 and subbed off Balatoni,say. I understand why he didn't do that because he was desperate not to lose the game, because it really would have been all over if we had lost this game today, but at some point he (Owers) has to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

Not only that, but I genuinely think that Healey is probably a cut above anything we have and we are lucky to have him. Of course only time will tell, but he needs to START the final eight games going forward, if we are to have any sort of chance.

The time has come to be courageous and go for a win, even at the risk of dropping a point - and that applies to games we are leading by a single goal but run the risk of getting sucker punched like we were today, or in games where we are drawing but need to win. We are too far behind to not start gambling .... as it stands the MAXIMUM number of points we can now achieve is just 55 POINTS ( but that would take EIGHT wins!!!) and that puts it into perspective when we only just stayed up last season with what 53 points, wasn't it?

There is no time left for being cautious ..... we are long past that point. Personally speaking, I wouldn't criticise Owers for giving it a real go, even at the risk of dropping a point (a draw, here and there) because it is only WIN after WIN after WIN that could possibly save us now. Realistically, of course, it ain't going to happen, but let's at least try and give it a real go and not just go down with a whimper. Healey to start next week please .... along with Williams AND Romain!!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dazza wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 19:29 Why don't you just shut up!
and there's me thinking that this is a forum and everyone is allowed an opinion.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Ignore list! Problem solved.

On Healey - Hopefully can bang some in and prove his pedigree and fitness following his recent, terrible, injury. It's probably too late but at least we're trying and good on him for coming down to us, hardly the most appetising of places to be, bottom of the NL!

As an aside, another poster questioned whether Healey will be our 41st or 42nd player this season, I'd noticed the names coming in but hadn't kept up with the arithmetic, that's a staggering stat and would be a good quiz question - name the squad players 17/18.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Try Solihull with their 56 players this season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dazza, there is a way of preventing you from having to read Andy's posts, why don't you use that facility instead of trying to bully him into stopping him posting his views. You could also debate with him and even find out that he is actually a decent human being with some tremendous qualities. He has every right to post just the same as you do but this does you no favours my friend.

If I disagree with someone I will state my views as strongly as possible in disagreement with theirs, that is what a forum is about, not telling someone to shut up.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 22:17 If I disagree with someone I will state my views as strongly as possible in disagreement with theirs, that is what a forum is about, not telling someone to shut up.
A forum without differing views and adversorial debate is not a forum at all but TFF! :clap:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Is it still running ? Shame used to love the history bit.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 11:42 Is it still running ? Shame used to love the history bit.
Still running. Still a good history section. All three forums are fine by me. Each one a bit different.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

TFF is a good site if you want to debate cream teas and learn the curry eating habits of its members, beyond that......
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 10:40 TFF is a good site if you want to debate cream teas and learn the curry eating habits of its members, beyond that......
each to their own ! But all the forums have interesting members & worth a read (even if you disagree!)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Rjc70 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 00:41 Still running. Still a good history section. All three forums are fine by me. Each one a bit different.
If you have been on recently ,
If you include the old programmes section along with 95% of the history all the pictures are unviewable which renders it's frustrating to say the least.
It was same with merses site and the photo hosting people wanted a wod of cash for the service. When you can do it free other ways.
Not there fault but really ruins it
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

What photobucket did was outright highway robbery; knowingly putting patrons under the emotional pressure of seeing their work destroyed unless they capitulated to their demands.

I did begin to do restoration work on their vandalism, but stepped back because it would have been a prolonged period of 'OCDism' that I wasn't prepared to submit to. A shame; but there it is and 'we found' flickr ~ a far superior and better quality hosting service ~ let's hope they never contemplate doing the same!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 11:43 If you have been on recently ,
If you include the old programmes section along with 95% of the history all the pictures are unviewable which renders it's frustrating to say the least.
It was same with merses site and the photo hosting people wanted a wod of cash for the service. When you can do it free other ways.
Not there fault but really ruins it
Timbo (the chap who puts most of the programmes up) came to an arrangement with Photobucket so all of his programme pictures have been back on the site for a while.