Solihull Moors v Torquayunited 17/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 00:41 Not sure that is a true 'false 9' position if Healey drops behind the main two.
Maybe not; but it's where he would be most effective in my opinion.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 15:55 Maybe not; but it's where he would be most effective in my opinion.
Every game is tight we need to start as to not give anything away and once we look safe go for it otherwise it could easily go wrong to early. This only my opinion. :)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

No that is right as anyone who has set up a formation would know.

The first third of a game is so important in not ceding the momentum to the opposition and then setting your ground out to gain it.

It is when the game stretches out in the last third you can really go for it
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

CP Gull wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 09:05 There was one rather amusing moment listening to the Radio Devon commentary. At the end of the first half the commentator wrapped things up but left the mic.on for a few seconds longer than he should have. I don’t know if anyone else picked it up but I’m sure that I heard Dave Thomas blurt out “f***ing fingers” - whether he realised that “the listeners” had picked it up or not I don’t know but the next time you hear him, at the beginning of the second half, he is at great pains to point out how freezing cold the temperature up there is and how difficult it is to type in those conditions - which apparently he does at the same time as summarise.
See my comment on page 3 of this thread !!

:lol: :lol: