New signing Rhys Healey

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Is this the 41st or 42nd player that United will use? A top player apparently and Neil Warnock obviously has a soft spot for one of his old clubs. It can only be a good thing even at this late stage.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I can't see Neil Warnock having a soft spot at all. If he did could have helped us before now. Can't remember much help last season or the season before that or any other season. Nothing above and beyond
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Lets hope he makes a bigger impact than Rhys Murphy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 07:13 I can't see Neil Warnock having a soft spot at all. If he did could have helped us before now. Can't remember much help last season or the season before that or any other season. Nothing above and beyond
Exactly! Trollope at Brighton and Monk at his various clubs could have helped too! To my knowledge, and I stand to be corrected, the club's that have stepped up over the last three seasons have been Bournemouth, Port Vale and Argyle

There may be others but they are the 3 that spring to mind
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Listening to and watching him on the OS video he seems a rather shy lad; let's hope he's different on the pitch. If he's on the bench today he's likely to replace Romain late on.
Torquay bluebird
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Torquay bluebird »

Hi guys
Im a Cardiff fan who lives in torquay.

Rhys Healey is a fantastic signing for you. He will score the goals to keep you up without a doubt, he is a very very good young player.
If it was not for his awful injury last season he would be a regular in the Cardiff team.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Torquay bluebird wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 08:29 Hi guys
Im a Cardiff fan who lives in torquay.

Rhys Healey is a fantastic signing for you. He will score the goals to keep you up without a doubt, he is a very very good young player.
If it was not for his awful injury last season he would be a regular in the Cardiff team.
cheers for that mate!
hope he does.... the only "problem" is that we will have to win every game either 3-2 or 4-3 with how we defend most games!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

sgf wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 08:09 Exactly! Trollope at Brighton and Monk at his various clubs could have helped too! To my knowledge, and I stand to be corrected, the club's that have stepped up over the last three seasons have been Bournemouth, Port Vale and Argyle

There may be others but they are the 3 that spring to mind
Warnock has helped out with a few player loans over the years. There is of course only so much he can do as he is not the owner or responsible for the money, so its not that he can just send players for free, but he has been flexible with loans and suggested players to the club in the past.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

exilegull wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 11:47 Warnock has helped out with a few player loans over the years. There is of course only so much he can do as he is not the owner or responsible for the money, so its not that he can just send players for free, but he has been flexible with loans and suggested players to the club in the past.
That's a fair point. However, the loan system is meant to benefit both clubs. In this case, in the ideal scenario, Healey fires us to safety while Cardiff get a match fit striker back.

I can't believe we don't have ex-players coaching higher up the pyramid who have players that would be in the same situation as Healey.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

He'll not fire us to safety getting about 8 minutes play will he?
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 17:34 He'll not fire us to safety getting about 8 minutes play will he?
If we'd held on for the last 8/9 minutes and got the win would you have been complaining or making this post? By all accounts Williams and Romain have been playing well together and while we were winning would you have made the change? At the end of the day we've got the opportunity to bring in what seems to be a decent player and have taken the chance while it was there, but it doesn't mean we need to throw him straight in and make an unnecessary change.

I very rarely post but read the forums every day and it seems that any opportunity you get to critise you'll take within moments? I'm not a fan of Owers in the slightest and don't think he's the right person to be in charge but give the bloke a break.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I totally agree Murdog. I am exactly where you are. However what we have on the site are a number of hindsight merchants. It's a wonderful quality to have - but it's a real world - and none of us actually have it.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

TUFC92 wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 18:32 By all accounts Williams and Romain have been playing well together and while we were winning would you have made the change? At the end of the day we've got the opportunity to bring in what seems to be a decent player and have taken the chance while it was there, but it doesn't mean we need to throw him straight in and make an unnecessary change.

I very rarely post but read the forums every day and it seems that any opportunity you get to critise you'll take within moments?
I tend to agree. Mostly because Williams and Romain have been good together from the sound of the last few games. I hope Owers manages to get all three in the starting eleven next Saturday. I think he will be looking at doing that.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Agree Rjc and think all three should be in the starting eleven next game. Think we are already past it now but we really are in last chance saloon and we have to do everything we can. However, I do think that the correct decision was made to keep the Williams and Romain partnership for the start today and if we'd held out and got the win then it would have been the right thing to do.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

TUFC92 wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 18:32 If we'd held on for the last 8/9 minutes and got the win would you have been complaining or making this post? By all accounts Williams and Romain have been playing well together and while we were winning would you have made the change? At the end of the day we've got the opportunity to bring in what seems to be a decent player and have taken the chance while it was there, but it doesn't mean we need to throw him straight in and make an unnecessary change.

I very rarely post but read the forums every day and it seems that any opportunity you get to critise you'll take within moments? I'm not a fan of Owers in the slightest and don't think he's the right person to be in charge but give the bloke a break.
Why don't you read the Romain thread where i was the first to give praise for how he'd started. Why don't you read through the Owers thread where i have posted GIVING him praise when it has been due which has not been often but it has happened. Why don't you read through properly. I give praise when i believe it's due no matter how much i dislike a player / manager or whatever (see Billy Bodin thread) so i suggest you read through threads properly and don't pick out the bits that tries to validate your criticism .