Osborne Sells Up..... To Masters?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Question how osborne got radio Devon in the avon region. I tried several times using the BBC commentry on tuesday all I kept getting was the orient commentry.
Maybe it was just me

These statements are all well and good but still not done any sort of public interview and still had any interaction with the fans.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Merse
Has he said ~ as twitter/facebook was supposed to be awash with ~ that Osborne had sold up? No he put a question mark after it

Can't agree with you on that Merse :) . On my screen there's only a question mark as to the buyer, i.e is it Masters ? Nothing questioning the actual selling side of the transaction, only the identity of the buyer. Once you've read that Osborne has sold up.... you're than asked to speculate who to ?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

GWS Dave's Dad.
I think Dave has done exactly the correct thing here.
He has shared ( as far as Dave's concerned ) news given to him in good faith by his TRUSTED source with members of this forum.
I see no issue with this at all, as Dave rightly feels this news was worth sharing with other forum members , probably because of the I'll feeling emanating towards CO & co coming from these forums. After all why shouldn't he share such news with us ?
Its certainly nudged a wasps nest at Osborne towers getting a response almost immediately & surprise surprise the GM knew nothing about it !
If & its a big if, it was to get some sort of reaction from CO, well its worked wonders.
Don't hold them back Dave , if you feel its right then that's ok by me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm happy to take any criticism levelled but I took the information in good faith and would still choose to believe the person who told me over anything Osborne would say. He's proved time and time again he can't be believed. I would hope that the explanation offered by Merse is accepted because I am still of the opinion that there is merit in what I was told and there is no way my source would deliberately mislead me.

Thanks very much for the kind sentiments, I really do appreciate them although I was just giving an explanation rather than looking for sympathy.

The most important thing is not to be hoodwinked by anything our illustrious owner says, he's a shark in a pool of goldfish, let nobody forget that.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Alpine Joe wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 22:18 Merse
Can't agree with you on that Merse :) . On my screen there's only a question mark as to the buyer, i.e is it Masters ? Nothing questioning the actual selling side of the transaction, only the identity of the buyer. Once you've read that Osborne has sold up.... you're than asked to speculate who to ?
The thread title is obviously using ....... to shorten its length.

Here is my original quote:
Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 15:31 I have it on reliable authority from a good source that the deal is done or almost done.

If that's the case then I think we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief because it would mean he's not got his wish and got his dirty hands on the freehold.

I have no information on who the buyer is as yet but I do trust this source so make of it what you will.
Under the first sentence I start the next with "If that's the case", what is so hard to understand about that?

At the time of writing I believed the deal was done or almost done but as usual I am very careful what I write on here as I know only too well my duty to Louis not to write anything that can land him and myself in trouble. If I write something on Facebook then only I am responsible and that is a totally different matter. I'm surprised a supposedly intelligent man can't differentiate between the two.

Edited to add that the whole post is posing a question and not passing itself off as fact. I think you've just taken it as you want it to read, as usual.
Dave

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Well Dave whatever level of truth you were told it has pushed osborne to come out and tell us a level of truth in response.

So either way it has forced him today least to clarify what the intentions are going forward
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 22:16 [highlight=yellow]Question how osborne got radio Devon in the avon region. I tried several times using the BBC commentry on tuesday all I kept getting was the orient commentry.[/highlight]
Maybe it was just me

These statements are all well and good but still not done any sort of public interview and still had any interaction with the fans.
There is something called the internet around now. You can tune in to any station anywhere in the country - its amazing :)

In all seriousness, I am pretty sure Torquay Commentaries are now only available through Radio Devon online now.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 22:20 I'm happy to take any criticism levelled but I took the information in good faith and would still choose to believe the person who told me over anything Osborne would say. He's proved time and time again he can't be believed. I would hope that the explanation offered by Merse is accepted because I am still of the opinion that there is merit in what I was told and there is no way my source would deliberately mislead me.

Thanks very much for the kind sentiments, I really do appreciate them although I was just giving an explanation rather than looking for sympathy.

The most important thing is not to be hoodwinked by anything our illustrious owner says, he's a shark in a pool of goldfish, let nobody forget that.
You need sympathy Dave, you support the same shower of shit as me x :scarf:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

sgf wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 22:40 There is something called the internet around now. You can tune in to any station anywhere in the country - its amazing :)

In all seriousness, I am pretty sure Torquay Commentaries are now only available through Radio Devon online now.
Correct my point was that the online commentry for radio Devon for me was pumping out the orient commentry for some reason. Maybe that was just me I don't know.
However they seemed better commentators
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Good point, you can choose the local radio station to listen to the home commentary. Truth be told Osborne wouldn't have realised whether he was listening to the home commentary or the away one ;-)
Dave

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Either way ,without this thread starting we have in the last 2 days:

Had communication from our owner

He has publicly committed to full time football in Conf south with a promotion budget

Would this statement had been released if the thread had not?

I have the feeling it wouldn't.

Either way this club is going to cost Osborne money to regain respect if he has the right intentions
Lucy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

lucy6lucy wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 22:56 Either way ,without this thread starting we have in the last 2 days:

Had communication from our owner

He has publicly committed to full time football in Conf south with a promotion budget

Would this statement had been released if the thread had not?

I have the feeling it wouldn't.

Either way this club is going to cost Osborne money to regain respect if he has the right intentions
Maybe he has realised this isn't a place where 6 people turn up on a Thursday night to give their greyhound a run out........
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

What I've discovered is the less Mr Osbourne says, the more rumours he starts.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Hope Dave's dad makes a quick recovery and personally whatever CO says I'm still inclined to believe Dave more as its clear who's the most trustworthy and offers us some hope!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Like Lucy says it's at least has provided a response of sorts from osborne. Thought the same myself.

But again let's see

Part of me feels some positivity in his statement , but then it's this losing plainmoor I can't and don't accept. Look at Coventry and the like. I don't want that. Only way I see it is like bring kicked out your council house and moved into a private rented house but to help the landlord with his mortgage you have to accept to be living with other tennents. No thanks

Such a shame as a football fan he doesn't want to make plainmoor great again with all our history.

I doubt he was listening to the game with all that interest. With his money I would be at every torquay united match especially if I owned the bleeding club !!!