Osborne Sells Up..... To Masters?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 16:10 Osborne has also said he was going to build a stadium several times.
We're due ours in 2020 :)
Lucy
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

But isn't blind optimism the fodder of football fans the world over. ? Every new season is greeted with sudden hope; every new signing is a season turning moment. If we don't all have ridiculous faith then it's pointless being a supporter! -- and sometimes ( but only very rarely ) it all falls right.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Dazza wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 19:18 But isn't blind optimism the fodder of football fans the world over. ? Every new season is greeted with sudden hope; every new signing is a season turning moment. If we don't all have ridiculous faith then it's pointless being a supporter! -- and sometimes ( but only very rarely ) it all falls right.
True but I took a break last season and didn't renew the ST. Over the summer, I got sucked in again with the new kit, talk of an academy and the signing spree. I bought a ST and have not enjoyed many, if any, of my afternoons in Plainmoor. Next year I'll be exercising my right to stay away again.

You can't expect to continue delivering a shit product and expect people to stay loyal.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Ah but when you're in a relationship with your club ...for better, for worse....
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

nickbrod wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 21:08 Ah but when you're in a relationship with your club ...for better, for worse....
1 in 2 end in divorce.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 15:31 I have it on reliable authority from a good source that the deal is done or almost done.
Just got home after a week away to read all about this.
Do you and Merse both use the same sauce?

:lol:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 11:17Do you and Merse both use the same sauce?
My words on BTPIR were........"It's being claimed with authority from a good source that the deal is done or almost done" and it was posted under the banner headline: 'Has Osborne really sold up?'

Read more: http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... z59oe0Glap

........then I get to Leyton Oreint and it is 'merse says Osborne's sold up' ~ no merse has not said that; what he has reported is what has been said. That is very different.

Most of this twisting of words comes from twitter in my opinion; that and people reading what they would wish to read rather than what is actually written. It's never been any different.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Just shows that BTPIR is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I specifically waited until I had personally spoken to Dave Floyd before I made my posting.........

He had good reason to believe that the communication that had been made to him was genuine and in good faith.

I would advise that everyone needs to be mindful of what they wish for and where that could lead in the short term. If the club cannot survive the short term then there will be no long term. People also need to remember how Dave Phillips made one seemingly unambiguous statement regards GI taking over the club during a fans forum and yet two weeks later the exact opposite took place ~ not because Phillips had been dishonest, but because the circumstances had changed dramatically.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

arrywithanh wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 11:46 Just shows that BTPIR is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!
And what is it exactly that you do.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 13:15 And what is it exactly that you do.
Don't feed the troll...
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I must say this statement underlines exactly a conversation I had with Gary Owers after Tuesday's match. I can say that the manager has absolute faith in the owner's intentions and belief that he will fulfil and achieve his aspirations for the club. Gary said that the last text he received before the match and first one afterwards were from Clarke Osborne; that everybody should be mindful that at the club everyone is paid in full and on time and that there are no debts adding 'how many clubs can claim that at this level?'

He told me he meets the owner once a week (they do live near to one another in North Somerset) and it was obvious that he is in total belief of Clarke Osborne and his intentions for this club.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

This seems to tally with the comments I've been posting recently, some of which have been shot down in flames. From that statement it's pretty clear Gary Owers will be the manager next season no matter which league we're in. Let's see the squad HE puts together and then judge him.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Well yes; all managers need to be able to assembled their own squad and develop their own culture before being judged...

That was afforded the previous managers to him and that should be afforded to him in my opinion. Let's see how he spends his budget rather than the ten per cent that was left of the others guy's budget. Let's see what sort of mentality and commitment he manages to bring to the squad as opposed to the sicknote culture he inherited and has had to contend with.

Like you ~ and even if relegation happens ~ I'm sure he will be the manager as long as the present owner is still here.