Leyton Orient v Torquay United 13/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Gowling in the team of the week? Was he really that good in the 40 mins he decided he fancied a game???
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

bit harsh on Gowling to suggest he only wanted to play for 40 minutes! Dorel (able & effective goalie) landed on top of him & knocked him out! Physios & medics cantering on to the pitch with stretcher-bearers....big relief when he got up & walked off.He's an effective communicator when he's on the pitch. Enjoyed last night's game even though I expected Groundhog Day after Saturday.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

A very pleasing win! Having gone to Maidstone away the only reason I went to Orient was the fact I had already purchased train tickets.

Thought the way we started was similar to our start at Maidstone, except this time we got the first goal! Fantastic work from Williams and a perfect cross from O'Sullivan. Second half we came out, shut up shop and it worked a treat. It was the perfect away day performance. Everyone played well, but special mentions for;
Dorel (claimed EVERYTHING that he could get his hands on)
O'Sullivan (looked very very tidy when he came on, the cross for the goal being the icing on the cake)
Romain and Williams (work together really well. Romains persistence alongside William's skill is a great balance)

Undecided on Solihull away, as many keep saying, "It's the hope that kills you"
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Yes, credit to the "forgotten man" Tommy O'Sullivan with the assist for the goal. I'm fairly certain that the BBC Radio Devon commentary (which was supplied by the local broadcaster as their own connection failed) credited Brett Williams with the cross but it's clear from those highlights that he had actually lost the ball and it was indeed O'Sullivan who planted the cross onto Romain's head for the all important winning goal!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

United62 wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 10:02

I love this club to death. My wife still cannot believe that (at my age) I got the old United badge tatoo'd on my leg. It hurts when they lose, of course it does.
Your tattoo hurts you when Torquay lose?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 13:46 Your tattoo hurts you when Torquay lose?
Jesus. Best get down the chemist then and stock up on Co-Codamol. :S

and don't forget, only 3 days continuous use and are you on any other medication and have you used these before and JUST SELL ME THE BLOODY TABLETS!! :lol:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Funny; I thought Williams had crossed it too in the aftermath of the elation from scoring........so it was O'Sullivan and a very good cross it was too.

That footage confirms what an absolute shit pit of a pitch that was and how anybody can complain about 3G is beyond me! I heard whingeing and moaning last night about our players slipping over at Maidstone on Saturday.......not as much as they did last night though!

That was a strength sapping and technically demanding pitch to play on it was and one of the Orient staff told me later; was even difficult to walk on.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We won with -

Two good forwards
Commitment
Good tactics
And a bit of luck in the last minute.

How unlike Torquay!

It's not all over yet. After Maidstone to have any chance of staying up I think we needed to win three out of the next four, and that was the first.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 21:55 It is looking like Hartlepool are the team to catch now. I'm presuming that Barrow will win one of their 3 games in hand.

It's vital that Solihull don't beat us though. Ideally we need a win there but a defeat and that's them well clear of us too.
Relax Andy - its all too late so stop torturing yourself!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Modgull wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 14:34 Relax Andy - its all too late so stop torturing yourself!
I bet a lot on football and anyone who also does will tell you that NOTHING is impossible in football. The amount of times i've sat there head in hands crying into my beer shouting, "it's just not possible that can happen!" is disturbing and distressing and financially catastrophic BUT if we beat Solihull and the teams above us lose which is possible then the picture would change dramatically.

I still don't think this manager or squad are capable of staying up or suddenly grasping the nettle and going on a serious run however it's not impossible.

I wonder how many people would have had Sevilla to come out on top over Man Utd in the CL over 2 games?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 14:48
I wonder how many people would have had Sevilla to come out on top over Man Utd in the CL over 2 games?

And I wonder how many people actually give a shit about Manchester United.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

United62 wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 15:29
And I wonder how many people actually give a shit about Manchester United.
Sadly about half the planet.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Glad I'm on the half that doesn't
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 13:53 Funny; I thought Williams had crossed it too in the aftermath of the elation from scoring........so it was O'Sullivan and a very good cross it was too.

That footage confirms what an absolute shit pit of a pitch that was and how anybody can complain about 3G is beyond me! I heard whingeing and moaning last night about our players slipping over at Maidstone on Saturday.......not as much as they did last night though!

That was a strength sapping and technically demanding pitch to play on it was and one of the Orient staff told me later; was even difficult to walk on.
A "strength sapping" and "even difficult to walk on" pitch, sounds just like Maidenhead's where we also won. Any chance that Solihull's is similar on Saturday?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont know why I am still talking like this but you just keep hoping even though we are almost certain
to go down, but think our only hope is to catch Hartlepool , as we have to play them - we must beat Solihull,
hopefully free scoring Fylde will beat Hartlepool , probably be 0-0 now, which would close the gap to 6 inc
GD , by the penultimate game against them with that GD though we would need to be 2 points behind them.
though if it were 5 we would still have a slim chance if we beat them then Ebbsfleet and they lost to us and
away at Tranmere last game. We still need to win at least 5 out of 9 though !