Maidstone v Torquayunited 10/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I don't like to say I told you so, but............
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

DOOMED!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Both Owers and the playing staff need to go. There is no point sacking Owers now, its too late. If this was a properly run club I would expect the owner to start looking for Owers replacement now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Owers actually stays since according to Southampton Dave he was Osborne's choice, which beggars belief since Osborne doesn't know the first thing about football.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

....You told us so..
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 16:54 I think the players now need to take full responsibility for being so permanently shite.
Whilst I agree, I think the man at the helm has to face the biggest scrutiny. Tactics, motivation, players signed, discipline are just some of the things under his remit and if the team are failing then the leadership has a lot to do with it.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HockeyGull »

Like Mr Osborne. my garden gnome knows nothing about football.....but he is a bit more tactically aware than our current management and probably more mobile than one or two of the players.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 16:50 All these players covered in tattoos and having sharp haircuts. May look cool in a footy kit but can't play the game for toffee. Check yourselves out in the mirror in the chaging rooms before you leave lads yeah? Those few hairs out of place need addressing. That's the most important thing.
That's the problem with players these days. they're being paid to play football but care more for their sharp haircuts and how they look to the girls. football has become just a job for them now. they don't really care as much as they used to back in the 60's or even 70's. and they are only in the semi professional league. yet behave as if they are premier league players.. no lads. your bottom. you're no better than part-timers. and at the moment. your not much good are you. yes, you might put in a bit of effort. but it's not 100%. imagine your playing Manure every day and you might be halfway to being a good team.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

He was Osborne's choice because the wanted to ensure he had someone he could control. Like the General Manager. Nicholson had spirit at least so he had to go at the first opportunity. Owers is Osbourne's clone in a tracksuit.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

HockeyGull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 17:11 Like Mr Osborne. my garden gnome knows nothing about football.....but he is a bit more tactically aware than our current management and probably more mobile than one or two of the players.
Maybe your garden gnome should send his CV into plainmoor.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Instead of going to the next home game, why doesn't everybody head to Osbornes house and spend 90 minutes outside voicing their anger. That would disrupt his idyllic village life afternoon.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HockeyGull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 17:14 Maybe your garden gnome should send his CV into plainmoor.
The worrying aspect to that is he may get the job. Or the current General Manager may sit on him. Either way, Gerald is staying where he is.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Well the fat lady - who arrived some time ago - is just having a quick gargle and then its - over!

Not too much longer to put up with this sh*t. Looking forward to not having to support such a shower and not caring about the future.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Let's be frank here , all of the teams around us need not fear us one jot, we are that bad , we constantly beat ourselves with clueless pointless mistakes that are usually ironed out in youth team football, why oh why do we have to support such shite, somebody said a while ago its the hope that kills, well for me its not the hope its the total ineptness of the tosser put in charge of the day to day running, he's weak, clueless & feckin gutless it'll be interesting to hear the sound bites coming out of Plainmoor next week but I wan't to hear it from Harrop not Owers ultimately he is responsible he has been put in charge, expect to hear MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH , coming from Harrops office we'll get nothing else from him.
Last edited by Teigngull on 10 Mar 2018, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Burnhamgull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 17:32 Instead of going to the next home game, why doesn't everybody head to Osbornes house and spend 90 minutes outside voicing their anger. That would disrupt his idyllic village life afternoon.
Or we could take our places in the family stand next home game and confront Harrop..............No? Oh ok then.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Get rid of Owers and Khul. Put Gowling in charge with some of the senior players. They cant do much worse.