Just a thought & it's only a thought

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 19:38 Don't you lot get it ? We need fit for purpose footballers for this division Luke Young is not a muck & nettles footballer he's a feckin luxury who scores the odd long range spectacular effort, he may cover every blade of grass but so does the feckin lawn mower ( mind you that would probably be more mobile than our defence ).
Get rid of unaffordable luxuries & employ FIT FOR PURPOSE FOOTBALLERS who actually want to win not just pick up a pay cheque.
Sorry fellas its the ways of the world, take your rose coloured spectacles off & feckin wake up.
:goodpost: next season will require warriors not fighters. It's going to be ugly and new territory to us all,if we approach next season as we are to win this league because we're Torquayunited it will be a monumental ignorance on our behalf.
Saying that I agree if we can keep Dorel, young, romain, Williams as full time that would be great. Mcginty can *uckoff.
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Rjc70 wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 19:15 If we were able to have Dorel, McGinty, Davis, Young, Romain and Williams for next season, I suspect most would consider that a reasonable start to squad building.
I could buy into that.

However, dont we have Gowling and Pittman next season for the last year of their two year deals also Jamie Reid is contracted for next season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No surprise I disagree with Merse about Young. He's one of the few "fit for purpose" players we have and with the right type of holding midfield player he'll help us win games, I've no doubt about that. He's been one of the first names on the teamsheet for each successive manager and that for me speaks more about him than someone who doesn't like him let alone rate him.

He's exactly the kind of player who will excel in the NLS and if we retain ambitions of promotion back to national football then I really hope we can keep hold of him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

First name on the team sheet because of what exactly ?
Certainly not for grasping games by the scruff of the neck , he doesn't dominate , he doesn't vary corners , he's not vocal enough, so predictable other teams snuff him out easily.
Scores the odd screamer but so did I playing for Teignmouth Colts & I was crap .
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 19:18 ....and why does he always kick for touch at every kick-off? That's moronic!
Didn’t we cover this at length a few months back ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Teigngull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:17 First name on the team sheet because of what exactly ?
I'll take the successive managers picking him over your opinion as well. He's the most skillful player we have and as I said, which you seem to have ignored, with the right type of holding midfielder.........
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MellowYellow wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:07 I could buy into that.

However, dont we have Gowling and Pittman next season for the last year of their two year deals also Jamie Reid is contracted for next season.
Re Gowling and Pittman - Yes. Not sure about Reid. Keating has another year.
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/31364-fro ... uay-united
Someone on BTPIR also said he thought Clarke and Klukowski got 2 year deals.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 25 Feb 2018, 20:45, edited 2 times in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Totally agree, Elliott Romain covers every blade of grass for a purpose for 90+ minutes.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:30 I'll take the successive managers picking him over your opinion as well. He's the most skillful player we have and as I said, which you seem to have ignored,with the right type of holding midfielder.........
Succesive managers who have combined to send us further down; further away from the Football League and into oblivion. Put the three of them (Hareaves, Nicholson & Owers) together, and you wouldn't get one good one!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:30 I'll take the successive managers picking him over your opinion as well. He's the most skillful player we have and as I said, which you seem to have ignored, with the right type of holding midfielder.........
And I'll take my opinion over yours my friend , ignorance is bliss & you sir are capable of it too. He may our most skillful player amongst crocks & hoofers so he is a luxury we cannot afford certainly not fit for purpose in this league, so we'll agree to disagree on this one, & once again on this forum were way off the topic of the thread.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Young has neither the mental strength nor physical presence to impose himself in National South...**** him off to Plymouth Parkway because no professional club wants him.

I'm sick of these losers!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Exactly , Merse is correct, how many teams better or bigger than Torquay United have shown an interest in acquiring the services of Luke Young ?
Probably the grand sum of Zero
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No, Merse has his own vendetta against Young so he has his opinion but that's all it is.

Young is a decent player for the level we're at and just needs the right players around him. As someone else mentioned, he'll walk player of the year again and whether our recent managers were/are good or not, they all still pick him every time and that tells me more about him than a couple of "keyboard w*****s" ;-)
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

It seems some feel we need 11 “granny kickers” to get results in Conference South.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Rjc70 wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:31 Re Gowling and Pittman - Yes. Not sure about Reid. Keating has another year.
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/31364-fro ... uay-united
Someone on BTPIR also said he thought Clarke and Klukowski got 2 year deals.

It appears Reid is here next season according to TU website
https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-r ... ract-tufc/

According to Clarke's agent Volenti (Luke Young also on the books) both their contracts run until June 2018.
dont know about Klukowski