GET Gary Owers, Martin Khul & Geoff Harrop OUT NOW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Stop trying to justify Nicholson; he had an appalling close season signing treatment table fodder and the fitness was appalling too.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Teigngull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 13:35 Well I know that merse, but it's the likes of arrywithanh that need convincing , he still seems to think Osborne is funding the the club with the kindness of his own wallet.

Quote.
"Do you honestly think CO is not already spending thousands of pounds of money from his own pocket ? How do you think the club is financing ?"

So yes Merse I know, but , it's the others that believe in OSBORNE THE SAVIOUR that need turning.
Riviera Stadium Ltd announced its unaudited abridged accounts on 18 Dec 2017. These are made up to 31 March 2017.

There is detail included in the notes to the financial statements as follows:

Included in creditors is an amount of £360,000 which is due to Gaming International Limited, the company's holding company as at 31 March 2017.

Gaming International Limited disposed of its shareholding during September 2017. The company is now under the control of Mr C A Osborne.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 16:57 Stop trying to justify Nicholson; he had an appalling close season signing treatment table fodder and the fitness was appalling too.
NO - I'm not in any way trying to justify Kevin Nicholson (although my opinion that he should have been allowed 10 games to turn things around has not changed). I am simply making a comparison between Nicho's final four games and Owers last five games.

However, you will not be surprised that I do not go along with, in my opinion, your grossly unfair and biased views. Last season, Exeter had serious early season injury problems and were bottom of the league. Some hotheads were calling for Paul Tisdale's dismissal. Look where they finished in the league and where they are now. This season, Plymouth had early season injury problems (I've lost track of how many 'keepers they have used) and some fans were calling for Derek Adams to go. He has turned things around and they are now about halfway. And again, I believe Tranmere had a long injury list at the start of the season and had a poor start, but they have stuck with Mickey Mellon and they will be in the play-offs at least. Now, before you put words in my mouth, I am not for one minute saying that Nicho had the experience or competence of Tisdale, Adams or Mellon.

Anyway, this is all 'water under the bridge'. I think you should read what Stephen Breed says in his post today about Gary Owers - (paraphrased) "no manager under the present regime will succeed".
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

tomogull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 16:53 Kevin Nicholson - p4. Drawn 1 Lost 3. Dismissed
Gary Owers - since Christmas - p5. Drawn 1 Lost 4 (including 2 x 4 - 0 defeats) ........ still in post ?????
Regardless of your views on Owers, it'd make precisely no sense to sack him now. The club is already down, sacking him now will cost a compensation payment that would be much better spent on next season's budget (ignoring the questions about CO). If the club has been anything approaching competent they'll have put a relegation break clause into Owers contract and we can get rid for free in the summer. No manager would be able to turn things around now, we're just too far behind.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:19 I think you should read what Stephen Breed says in his post today about Gary Owers - (paraphrased) "no manager under the present regime will succeed".
I agree with that; and I also think that Owers' record is now untenable anyway.

It does appear that the same 'dismantling operation' is going on as went on under Chris Roberts during his relegation season and that if far more disturbing to witness than any failures on the park under a wholely out of his depth manager.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

SenorDingDong wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:22 Regardless of your views on Owers, it'd make precisely no sense to sack him now. The club is already down, sacking him now will cost a compensation payment that would be much better spent on next season's budget (ignoring the questions about CO). If the club has been anything approaching competent they'll have put a relegation break clause into Owers contract and we can get rid for free in the summer. No manager would be able to turn things around now, we're just too far behind.
Yes - I totally agree with your post. As I explained to Merse, I was merely comparing Nicho's record with Owers. There is the scenario that Owers will resign, of course. He certainly didn't sound exactly 'on top of the world' in his post-match interview on Saturday.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 17:19 However, you will not be surprised that I do not go along with, in my opinion...
And that is what this forum is all about Tomogull - opinion - so keep expressing yours without need of justification. There will be people who agree with your opinion equally as they do Merses opinion. On this topic my thinking is in line with yours, Nicho should have been allowed more games particularly as we never even had a managerial replacement lined up. To this end, it appears a sacking based on personalities rather than performance, so any opinions on the latter is really a moot point anyway.

Nonetheless if we are to base managerial competence on performance then a quick look at Owers win ratio, defensive record etc. it is self evident he should go. Now whether that is now or end of season it makes no difference (as we are down) as long as the search is on for a replacement manager for the start of next season (taken into account it took six weeks to get Owers) who has the capablity of getting us out of the NLS. However that is my opinion as there will be others (maybe even Merses - he likes Owers) who thinks he is the man to get us two successive promotions for CO objective of football league status.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Can we not move on from Kevin bloody Nicholson?

It's quite possible, and indeed probable, that neither him nor Owers are up to the job.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DevonYellow wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 18:15 Can we not move on from Kevin bloody Nicholson?

It's quite possible, and indeed probable, that neither him nor Owers are up to the job.
We could - but I am with Merse's opinion on this one:
merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 21:28
That's why people ... inadvertently fall into their honey trap by calling for people like me to forget the past ~ a man who doesn't know his history can't shape his own destiny and we cannot have enough people knowing as much about everything as much as we can tell them about anyway.

It's the only way the club can survive!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

:goodpost:
DevonYellow wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 10:25 Or, to look at it another way, stop going and show there is no demand for a football club in Torquay.

The houses can then be built on Plainmoor and CO won't even need to pretend he is going to build a new ground as the public evidently don't want one.

Dangerous times.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Well I'm all for boycott and have NOT been persuaded against it.

The club is dying in its current state, many of you have stated that, of course you might not mean it.

The money that CO is putting in is (and I don't know that its a fact) most probably a loan as has been alluded too in earlier posts.

By boycotting and depriving the club of money might mean administration, it might be the end of the current club, and it could be the beginning of a phoenix club. In my opinion its worth the risk, because if you lot cannot see that the club is dying, you are blind and very naïve.

You are obviously a load of scared, unconfident, don't like change and got your head in the clouds. You come on here and they say the club is dying and you want to feed the current owners more money, I cannot believe it.

Best of luck with that.

There will not be a boycott, but individually people are boycotting already. I believe in taking risks, and yes a boycott IS A RISK, but at least it was an attempt to do something, not just hand money over like you are all going to do.

Again best of luck, and lets see who is right!

The owners and management of this club are one of 2 things.

Completely incompetent OR its all part of the 5 year plan, which funnily enough we don't know what that plan is
TUST MEMBER
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Neal wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:45 Well I'm all for boycott and have NOT been persuaded against it.

The club is dying in its current state, many of you have stated that, of course you might not mean it.

The money that CO is putting in is (and I don't know that its a fact) most probably a loan as has been alluded too in earlier posts.

By boycotting and depriving the club of money might mean administration, it might be the end of the current club, and it could be the beginning of a phoenix club. In my opinion its worth the risk, because if you lot cannot see that the club is dying, you are blind and very naïve.

You are obviously a load of scared, unconfident, don't like change and got your head in the clouds. You come on here and they say the club is dying and you want to feed the current owners more money, I cannot believe it.

Best of luck with that.

There will not be a boycott, but individually people are boycotting already. I believe in taking risks, and yes a boycott IS A RISK, but at least it was an attempt to do something, not just hand money over like you are all going to do.

Again best of luck, and lets see who is right!

The owners and management of this club are one of 2 things.

Completely incompetent OR its all part of the 5 year plan, which funnily enough we don't know what that plan is
It’s very difficult to make a conscious decision to proactively contribute to the demise of our football club by boycotting, however, if it is the only option assuming our club is dead then I could go along with it in order to force a positive change. What’s the worst that could happen? The recent threat on here has defo got through to CO and they must be concerned which culminated in a statement from them.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Just why is saying the time is up for the current management exactly a vindication of Nicholson. They both have been failed or have I missed something.?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:45 Well I'm all for boycott and have NOT been persuaded against it.

It's absoulety your right to boycott, no one's denying you, or anyone else the right to take such an action.

Your not stupid, as I'm sure you know, phoenix club just doesn't happen, the current die's the new club doesn't slot right in it's place, a phoenix club needs good people, needs money and it needs a ground, TUST is currently short of good people and money, and as Merse has already said, if the current club die's, the lease die's with it, so there's no guranrantee FC Torquay could use Plainmoor.

Trust me none of us are blind,naive, scared nor do we have our heads in any clouds, your way off the mark to even suggest that. If the club died tommoroow, or 6 months, or 12 moinths down the line, TUST the only viable hope to lead a fan take over, they are not ready, if that were to happen I'll tell you straight, and trust me, I'm not scared, TUFC will be lost forever.

Surely you must realise this is about buying TUST some time.
Last edited by Dave on 22 Jan 2018, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

forevertufc wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 20:28 It's absoulety your right to boycott, no one's denying you, or anyone else the right to take such an action.

Your not stupid, as I'm sure you know, phoenix club just doesn't happen, the current die's the new club doesn't slot right in it's place, a phoenix club needs good people, needs money and it needs a ground, TUST is currently short of good people and money, and as Merse has already said, if the current club die's, the lease die's with it, so there's no guranrantee FC Torquay could use Plainmoor.

Trust me none of us are blind,naive, scared nor do we have our heads in any clouds, your way off the mark to even suggest that. If the club died tommoroow, or 6 months, or 12 moinths down the line, TUST the only viable hope to lead a fan take are not ready, if that were to happen I'll tell you straight, and trust me, I'm not scared, TUFC will be lost forever.

Surely you must realise this is about buying TUST some time.
Completely agree .
Everyone should join and see where it takes us ..