GET Gary Owers, Martin Khul & Geoff Harrop OUT NOW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

One thing that seems to be forgotten, Plainmoor is listed as an asset of community value, until 30/3/2020, if my understanding of this correct, that would give TUST or any other community group 6 months to come up with the money to purchase the freehold.

If such an event should arrive, it would up to us the fans, and any business connections to back TUST, and buy the ground, if TUST got it, then AFC Torquay would be on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 19:24 Does anyone else not see the logic of stopping going to games then?
No I don't, it's been very well answered below, but my sixthpenth for it's worth is; Clarke Osbourne is not sat at home stressing about how much money is being lost at TUFC.

Any boycott would indeed speed up the demise of the club, the losses will get to a point where CO will say enough, enough and wind up the club, he won't care about that for a minute, if he has the freehold, he builds and gets his money back plus a tidy profit, TUFC is lost forever.

If he doesn't have the freehold, he winds up the club, cuts his losses and does a runner, if TUST can't afford the freehold, and council as Merse points out sell to the highest bidderm which in turn could be CO, then the club is lost forever.

If 6,000 fans turned up every home game, the club wouldn't be losing money, all of sudden becomes harder to justify, now that's something CO wouldn't want, now would it ?
Last edited by Dave on 21 Jan 2018, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jerry wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 21:39 I can't speak for the other two (although I suspect you are correct) but Paul Bastard was handing out TUST leaflets on Saturday.
Hey; there's a conversion the Road to Damascus. Top bloke indeed; he's succombing to my regular nagging then!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 19:24 Does anyone else not see the logic of stopping going to games then?

Obviously CO already has the season ticket money but if all pay on the day fans didn't go and instead paid the price of the ticket into the TUST then CO has to make up this money out of his own pocket. After a while he may have to think long and hard about what he does next as he will be losing a lot more money on a regular basis. The club is still going tits up so may as well watch it going tits up from afar and give your £15 quid ticket money to the TUST instead where it may be of more benefit.

Stop buying merchandise and food and basically cut off all monetary supply lines.

This actually could be a viable strategy to force CO into making a decision about the club. The only strategy in fact.

By attending games you are making it easier for CO to pass the time. If he is still going to pass the time running the club under then at least make it cost a bit more FGS! Attending is doing absolutely nothing and has done absolutely nothing under CO's ownership other than help him pay the bills.

So so naive... a few fans not going changes nothing! Do you honestly think that CO is not already spending thousands of pounds of money from his own pocket? How do you think the club is financing?

Yes I do expect a sinister motive, and no I can not see much good from the GI involvement, but your statement is just void of fact and instead full of emotion, which in this case - is bloody useless!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jog on sunshine.

I approach situations using my heart rather than my head and that's me. I'm presuming you don't. Maybe i should label your efforts as bloody useless too simply because they differ from mine and don't involve 'opening up'?

Pathetic outdated attitude. It's 2018 not 1960.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

As previously mentioned before, Clarke Osborne is more than likely LOANING the money to TUFC to recoup at a later date with a handsome PROFIT.
Get real people, he is a BUSINESS MAN first & foremost not a FOOTBALL PERSON, on his own admission don't forget.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Or, to look at it another way, stop going and show there is no demand for a football club in Torquay.

The houses can then be built on Plainmoor and CO won't even need to pretend he is going to build a new ground as the public evidently don't want one.

Dangerous times.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Teigngull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 09:49 As previously mentioned before, Clarke Osborne is more than likely LOANING the money to TUFC to recoup at a later date with a handsome PROFIT. Get real people, he is a BUSINESS MAN first & foremost not a FOOTBALL PERSON, on his own admission don't forget.
Of course he is; that's how he acquired the club in the first place.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

merse btpir wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 10:35 Of course he is; that's how he acquired the club in the first place.
Well I know that merse, but it's the likes of arrywithanh that need convincing , he still seems to think Osborne is funding the the club with the kindness of his own wallet.

Quote.
"Do you honestly think CO is not already spending thousands of pounds of money from his own pocket ? How do you think the club is financing ?"

So yes Merse I know, but , it's the others that believe in OSBORNE THE SAVIOUR that need turning.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think he already turned some time ago ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I tend to treat arrywithanh with the contempt that he shows me; and certainly don't equate anything he posts with intelligence
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 13:54 I tend to treat arrywithanh with the contempt that he shows me; and certainly don't equate anything he posts with intelligence
I think you mean "Arrywithnobrain", arrywithanh is probably the one who has agreed with you most ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Dohh!!!!

Sorry; arrywithanh :keepie:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I'm with you Merse. He pulls you apart for the tone of your posts and arrogant posting style (often IMO warranted but that's a different story :na: ) yet does the same to somebody else. Hypocrite IMO.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Kevin Nicholson - p4. Drawn 1 Lost 3. Dismissed
Gary Owers - since Christmas - p5. Drawn 1 Lost 4 (including 2 x 4 - 0 defeats) ........ still in post ?????