Striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 12:11 I'm pretty certain I know who this is ~ he's a better bet than Blissett ~ and he has been a loan player at Plainmoor in the past; in fact he made his Football League debut for us a young loanee and is no veteran now.

Currently out on loan from his parent club if I'm right, but then again I might be barking up the wrong tree.
On loan from Peterborough at the time?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

desperado wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 11:41 Until he actually signs and we know who he is I wont raise my hopes
I see James Gray can only make the bench at York City, another Williams type lazy player
At least Barrow lost in the Trophy last night so the home game against them on Feb 3rd will go ahead
could be crucial , he said clutching at the last piece of the straw
Rumoured on BTPIR to be Danny Mills. He's been on loan at Dartford from Ebbsfleet.

He's scored a lot of goals at NLS level so maybe he's being signed with next season in mind? ;-)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Looks like another Blissett, if he makes a nuisance of himself and ruffles a few defenders feathers and scores
a few goals I will be happy. He was phenomenal at Whitehawk the only place he has scored goals and I see
he was on loan here, under Buckle ? in 2009 for 2 games , cant say I remember him
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

He was just one of Barry Fry's many teenagers at the time (2009) being farmed out to get experience; played a couple of games and then found a much better and more remunerative placement at neighbouring Rushden & Diamonds.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Firstly, if we do sign Danny Mills, I wish him well and hope he is the answer to our goalscoring issue.

On paper, his glory and goals appears to have been with Whitehawk from 2012 to 2017 - (remind me where Whitehawk are currently in NSL).

Signed by Ebbsfleet played 3 games - scored 1 and then put out on loan to Dartford Dec 17 and has yet to get a game. Although to be fair it looks like Dartford will be taking our place next season and so not easy to get into their goal scoring machine team with top class strikers like Duane Ofori-Acheampong keeping him out of the side ( remember him :whistle: ).

Other than that his career looks pretty tame (just saying) mainly made up of loan moves, Histon, Rushden, Tamworth, Kettering and Torquay (2 appearances in Oct 09.

He appears to have nothing to lose by signing. He either becames a local hero or ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 13:57 Signed by Ebbsfleet played 3 games - scored 1 and then put out on loan to Dartford Dec 17 and has yet to get a game. Although to be fair it looks like Dartford will be taking our place next season and so not easy to get into their goal scoring machine team with top class strikers like Duane Ofori-Acheampong keeping him out of the side ( remember him :whistle: ).
Duane's only recently played his first three games of the season having had a long re-hab from a close season knee operation and I rather think Mills had been signed to tide the Darts over in his prolonged absence.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

so our so called saviour goal scoring striker to get us out of this mess is someone who is on the bench for conference south team, not only that just read an article with their fans slagging him for not scoring!! god help us!!

easy treble, torquay, newcastle, & sunderland all down
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If it is Danny Mills, 1 goal in 17 appearances this season for Ebbsfleet and Dartford and understudy /fill in
for Duane Afori doesnt fill you with much confidence
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Get used to it guys this is the level we are at now.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It's all very well having another striker but Fletcher was played wrongly last Saturday you need to get the ball to his feet or in the channel. Our players hit the ball in the air I was a bit disappointed with that as the ball kept coming back and it made him look a bad
player which he is not.
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

I wonder if it could be brett williams.
He scored a hatrick against gary owers tqy earlier in the season,not playing regularly for bromley and does like the area as he didnt want to leave.not quite a target man though.
Just a thought !!!
LondonGull17

Post by LondonGull17 »

Jake Robinson?
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Bob latchford ??
Yorkieandy