The next General Election: who will you vote for?

General chat about anything else goes here.

The next General Election: who will you vote for?

1. Conservative
77%
2. Green Party
No votes
3. Labour
10%
4. Liberal-Democrats
6%
5. Plaid Cymru
No votes
6. Scottish National Party
No votes
7. United Kingdom Independence Party
4%
8. Other
3%

Total votes: 119

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

KeithMalone wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 19:31 UKIP annihilated, NHS saved (albeit in the short term), no elected party better than a bad elected party. This election delivered in droves!
Be careful of what you wish for. May will be disposed of as Tory leader before the year is out, possibly around the time of the annual conference. Remember it is not the MPs who ultimately choose the leader, it is the rank and file membership who in the past, when given the chance always pick the most right wing candidate. That membership will remember that they were denied the right to choose last time when Leadstrum was forced out of the contest by the Tory establishment whose choice has now backfired on them.
It would not surprise me if the next leader, and prime minister comes from the right of the party in the shape of Jacob Rees-Mogg. That would very likely lead to another general election 12 months later between Rees-Mogg and Corbyn.
Now whilst Corbyn and his cronies may be feeling pretty smug at the moment, it is worth remembering something; Labour did not actually win this election, May did badly because she fought an incredibility bad election claiming that she offered strong leadership when it was evident to everyone that she is actually incredibly weak and indecisive, and a Labour party with a decent leadership should have won this election. If Labour lost and a hard right Tory administration gained a working majority I wouldn't give NHS much chance of survival.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gullscorer wrote: 10 Jun 2017, 00:19 Corbyn said he would take us out of the single market and end free movement; I understand this is in his manifesto. No mandate for soft Brexit. Interesting.
The hard left of the labour party has always been eurosceptic. Remember the first referendum in 1975 was called by Wilson to appease his left wing back benchers, in the same way Cameron tried to appease his back benchers in 2016.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

The next leader of the Tories will be either Ruth Davidson or Boris Johnson. Neither will dare destroy the NHS on the level that the austerity has/or Mrs May planned to had she got in on a decent majority.

The best thing to come out of this election is that the Daily Heil and The S*n ran campaigns to attempt to get their owners tax breaks under a Tory government and the people ignored them so much so that Kensington where the Mail HQ is based went red. We the people have the power no matter how much Theresa tries to ignore it
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I cannot see the Tory rank and file electing an openly gay leader, and on top of that they would need a by election for Davidson to be elected to the commons first.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

With the BREXIT fiasco developing , with the " Remainers " , Theresa May and Philip Hammond , it NOW has to be UKIP , for a proper BREXIT.

Over to you , Sir Nigel Farage , to SPEED up this process !...
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has apologized to patients for tens of thousands of operations being cancelled under the NHS this January. Meanwhile 16 hospitals in the UK have had to declare 'major incidences'.

I'm sure the cost of all those fireworks (not needed as not a priority) over London on New Years Eve would have paid for a few more nurses.

Tory b*stards. USE OUR MONEY IN ORDER OF PRIORITY YOU TOTAL F*CKWITS AND NOT BECAUSE A FEW TOURISTS WANT TO SEE A FEW LIGHTS IN TH SKY!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 17:31 Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has apologized to patients for tens of thousands of operations being cancelled under the NHS this January. Meanwhile 16 hospitals in the UK have had to declare 'major incidences'.

I'm sure the cost of all those fireworks (not needed as not a priority) over London on New Years Eve would have paid for a few more nurses.

Tory b*stards. USE OUR MONEY IN ORDER OF PRIORITY YOU TOTAL F*CKWITS AND NOT BECAUSE A FEW TOURISTS WANT TO SEE A FEW LIGHTS IN TH SKY!!
You're not telling me that the Labour Party would support no fireworks for New Year when it's been a tradition for years with the entire world! You know what the British public are like, it would be an outrage. Don't get me wrong, I've turned out to be not a fan of this Tory Government, but I think blaming them for spending money on NYE fireworks instead of funding the NHS is a step too far.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Dannyrvtufc4life
I've turned out to be not a fan of this Tory Government, but I think blaming them for spending money on NYE fireworks instead of funding the NHS is a step too far.

As Remainer May's biggest cheerleader the last we knew, I'm startled to learn you're now 'not a fan' of a Government in which every one of it's members was appointed by Theresa the Appeaser.

But to see you now giving credence to the total bullshit attempts to connect the Tory Government with London's New Years Eve fireworks is equally unfathomable. Why not just ignore it like the rest of us did ?

London is governed by a Labour Mayor Khan. The majority group in the London Assembly is Labour. Not only do the London council tax payers have to cough up for the cost of the fireworks, but Khan then charges them an extra £10 for a ticket if they want to go along and watch them. You can't even pin this on the Tories locally in London, let alone nationally.

Sort yourself out Danny, or you'll be banished to the Liberal Democrats . Happy New Year ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 02:11 You're not telling me that the Labour Party would support no fireworks for New Year when it's been a tradition for years with the entire world! You know what the British public are like, it would be an outrage. Don't get me wrong, I've turned out to be not a fan of this Tory Government, but I think blaming them for spending money on NYE fireworks instead of funding the NHS is a step too far.
Doesn't matter what party. They're all selfish ****.

There are patients sleeping on floors in hospital in the UK. These take priority over a fireworks extravaganza in anybody's book so yes, i am blaming them for spending money on fireworks instead of the NHS because this is exactly what has happened.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 16:49 Doesn't matter what party. They're all selfish ****.

There are patients sleeping on floors in hospital in the UK. These take priority over a fireworks extravaganza in anybody's book so yes, i am blaming them for spending money on fireworks instead of the NHS because this is exactly what has happened.
its actually the Greater London/Lambeth council that pay for the fireworks. the crap thing is that it obviously comes from council tax - yet the residents of Lambeth have to pay for a ticket to attend!

if you want an example of wasting money then look no further than HS2.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Theresa May has issued sanctions against Russia and ordered 23 Russian diplomats to be deported in the wake of the nerve agent incident in Salisbury.

So marvellous. Mrs May winds up Putin. She then leaves her post as PM and emigrates to some Caribbean Island leaving us ordinary Brits to get nuked by the Russians.

The history of this planet is stuffed with examples of war and suffering brought about by leaders acting like 4 year olds. Will the human race ever learn from past mistakes and grow up?