HELP

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 21:38 Only trying to help. Are we not in need
If you were manager would you appreciate this being put on social media? I think not.
Tust member 191
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

What the hell are you on about !!!!!!
Get out your head the black hole it's stuck it. Social media is all about freedom of speech. Can choose to ignore it or respond.

If Gary owers was bothered at all by this then he is not focused on the job in hand.
Get a grip
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Mattpuma »

Thank you for your considered and reasonable response.
Tust member 191
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Your welcome
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Mattpuma wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 21:17 Thanks for the offer but I feel by posting this on social media you are undermining the manager. It would be better to speak directly to Gary Owers than air the offer in public. Cant see him being interested now.
Agreed ~ highly unethical and unprofessional.

If this really is Paul Sturrock then that's just the way to go about getting ostracised by the professional ranks, but I (despite Louis' statement) don't believe that it is.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

My advice to Gary Owers/Martin Kuhl would be to grab this Paul Sturrock's offer with both hands. He isd an experienced manager which both Owers and Kuhl lack and has 'contacts' in the game as he says. My advice to Paul Sturrock would be don't touch the club with a barge pole. It is not the same close-knit 'family' club as it used to be. The owners can't be trusted. There are other clubs that are being run on a proper basis who would welcome and deserve your support.

Once upon a time, the club used to appoint a a club chaplain. We badly need one now to perform the last rites.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Whilst input from such a person (as the real) Paul Sturrock would be invaluable, it should be done on a man to man basis and not via social media.

If (the real) Paul Sturrock wanted to contact Owers and Kuhl he must surely have their details amongst his multiple contacts; or if he hasn't..... then why?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Think he has tried before and got ignored by the club.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Mattpuma wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 21:46 If you were manager would you appreciate this being put on social media? I think not.
That’s the nature of the footballing business. If I was underperforming I’d appreciate any help that kept me my job and the company I work for in business.

The public part is also (I suspect) to show that we are being offered support but it’s no doubt being rejected and kept secret by our wonderful owners.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Mattpuma »

Professional people in the football business do not post things like this on fans forums.
I have no problem with him offering his assistance but this was not the way to do it. Also its not compulsory for the manager to accept the offer.
Its unfair to say they are underperforming after so few games as well. Give them a chance.
Tust member 191
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Mattpuma wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 23:58 Its unfair to say they are underperforming after so few games as well. Give them a chance.
It's ludicrous to say that after ten games; ludicrous, deluded and driven by an ulterior motive I would say!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

After reflection and after the red wine has worn off i change my view. Perhaps if he had come on here wishing us luck would have been better. Or just maybe gave a point of view about the performance of a striker ect. Has been to any games ? Sorry to puma for a snotty shitty response earlier.
I've said myself these guys need time. 10 games is nothing. I would say we must survive this season and then these guys have a proper sort out in the summer.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 21:39 You have just made my night. You really are an individual that needs help. I refuse to respond in bad language to respect the forum. Seriously, get a grip .what the hell tranmere has got to do with Paul sturrock god knows. Point I made idiot, if multi millionaire paul sturrock comes on asking/offering help then buy the club.
And at which point did he suggest buying the club... and I am relating the STUPIDITY of your post alike to the post that you made when we played Tranmere at the start of the season. BOTH STUPID posts :) :clap: :clap: :bow:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 22:26 Whilst input from such a person (as the real) Paul Sturrock would be invaluable, it should be done on a man to man basis and not via social media.

If (the real) Paul Sturrock wanted to contact Owers and Kuhl he must surely have their details amongst his multiple contacts; or if he hasn't..... then why?
I have to agree with you, bit odd that he chose this method for communicating, not as if we as fans have much say anyway :keepie:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This really is the rest home for the terminally gullible.