Truro ground share back on?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Truro ground share back on?

Post by Mo Gull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41829923

Does this have bigger implications?
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

All it says to me is that Truro are becoming a bigger club than Torquay United, even though it pains me to say it!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

This becoming a borathon of the highest proportions; I wish Masters would just shut and go away. He knows his Mickey Mouse outfit has hit it's glass ceiling and why should a club almost ninety miles away help them smash it?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Only get a quarter of people turn up that we do. Can't see all of them wanting to travel 200 mile round trip. Ok closer for away fans though. Nothing else closer for them. I assume if promoted then stadium has to be a certain standard. Is that same standard for national south as it is for national premier ??
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 14:01 Only get a quarter of people turn up that we do. Can't see all of them wanting to travel 200 mile round trip. Ok closer for away fans though. Nothing else closer for them. I assume if promoted then stadium has to be a certain standard. Is that same standard for national south as it is for national premier ??
No, the standards aren’t the same.

This information is probably massively out of date, but I was under the impression to gain membership of the National League South a capacity of 3000 was required with 250 seats (or something similar). Promoted clubs get a grace period of 3 seasons to get their grounds up to scratch.

To gain membership to the National League a capacity of 4000 with 500 seats was required (amongst other requirements around ability to segregate and other things like changing room size), with a similar grace period for promoted clubs.

This is stuck in my head from around 10 years ago so the regs have likely changed. But it is part of the reason why Hungerford and Poole were denied access to the NLS playoffs last season.

I’m sure googling “FA Ground Grading Regs” would turn up something more accurate

EDIT - should have googled myself in the first instance - http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/playe ... nd-grading
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Masters is a tosser.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

brucie wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 16:00 Masters is a tosser.
For all the crap aimed at masters on this forum, wouldn't you rather have him as owner than Clark Osbourne ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Would he have put the resources that the current management 'enjoy' that Osborne has?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

It's off according to bbc radio devon

That's put to bed now
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Was never going to happen anyway, I'm still want to believe that it was a way for Masters to inject some money into the club without getting a slap on the wrist for being involved at two clubs, while still trying to keep Truro fans onside.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Little short on detail .. it doesn't say when ?

Casual side reference to the 'new ground' presumably just to remind us of the chairman's driving motive in all this.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

with the crowds they get surely they would be better off playing at bodmin towns ground, wont do our pitch any good.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

"Would be nice" by no means definite. Bit wishy washy and tells us nothing.
If it goes ahead then our talented ground staff will have their work cut out.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Porky wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 13:31 "Would be nice" by no means definite. Bit wishy washy and tells us nothing.
If it goes ahead then our talented ground staff will have their work cut out.
Makes you wonder who footed the bill for the recent pitch investment.
Lucy