Jazzi Barnum Bobb

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

DevonYellow wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 21:21 It ain't the lads fault what his Mum and Dad decided to call him, nor does it matter!

Christ, he could be called Tarquin Fintim-Limbim-Whimbim-Lim Bus Stop-F’Tang-F’Tang-Olé-Biscuit-Barrel, but if he was better than most of the shite we already have I'd sing his name.
Ha ha, I recognise that name - a fellow Monty Python fan I see. We had great fun trying to remember all the parts of :lol: that name when I worked at Midland Bank in Torquay back in the early '70's
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jeff wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 21:41I get confused with the whole “transfer-window” rules and who it applies to.
.......as JBB is under contract with Newport can we sign him permanently now? Or would it have to be a(nother) loan until Jan?
No; he can be signed with no restrictions. The window only applies to Lge 2 and above. Any player signing for United can be signed on a contract and play immediately unless waiting for international clearance.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Good olde Devon name Wi’ Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davy, Dan’l Whiddon, Harry Hawk,
Old Uncle Jazzi Barnum Bobb and all
Old Uncle Jazzi Barnum Bobb and all

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

...and don;'t forget (Tom) Cobley's fish and chip shop!
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

JamieE wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 21:21 Good, Higgins has failed to live up to his pre-season hype and is not good enough defensively. Slowly but surely I’m hoping Owers can replace our weak links - McGinty next?
Have only seen Higgins play three times but he's been solid each time. He made one goal-saving tackle on Saturday and was a threat going forward.

As for McGinty, the difference in his game when I saw him at the start of the season vs. how he played last weekend is chalk and cheese. Was tearing my hair out at Gateshead as he just lumped ball after ball into the sky. Owers and Kuhl have got him playing on the ground and he was impressive at Halifax.

Anyway, as has been said, we need players who can stick the ball in the net.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Nothing to do with Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, but has anyone heard anything about Sam Chaney? He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth - likewise Myles Anderson.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

budegull1954 wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 12:14 Nothing to do with Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, but has anyone heard anything about Sam Chaney? He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth - likewise Myles Anderson.
Injured players update: Sam Chaney (groin) and Yan Klukowski  have stepped up their training and Myles Anderson is expected to return to training this week. Forwards Jon-Paul Pittman (hamstring) and Jake Gosling (leg fracture) are making steady progress Jordan Lee continues his return to match fitness after a full two week’s training.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

budegull1954 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 21:44 Ha ha, I recognise that name - a fellow Monty Python fan I see. We had great fun trying to remember all the parts of :lol: that name when I worked at Midland Bank in Torquay back in the early '70's
I can confirm we are not now signing Tarquin Fintim-Limbim-Whimbim-Lim Bus Stop-F’Tang-F’Tang-Olé-Biscuit-Barrel, as his name did not fit on his shirt without obscuring the word "Thatchers". :-o
TUST member 200 ;-)
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Confirmed on the National League website.

Signs on loan until Jan 2nd
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I like to think that I never played for the club because my surname would have started halfway down one arm, travelled across my shoulders and down the other arm, but, no, I was crap at footie.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

GoodringtonGull wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 20:01 Confirmed on the National League website.

Signs on loan until Jan 2nd
His Newport County profile says to call him Dave!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Better than 'Sponge' :clap:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Good one! Assume he's brought in to replace Higgins? Unless Efete returns to Norwich at some point.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Hopefully yes; I regard Higgins as a weak link.

SpongeBob was what we christened Levi Ives on BTPIR! :lol: