Should all contracted players terminate their contracts in order to save our club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Should all contracted players terminate their contracts in order to save our club

Post by notnow »

All our players should give the club the option to terminate their contracts so we can afford to build a new team who have a bit of talent and desire to win.

Players to keep
Gowling
Clark
That’s it

Why everyone keeps on about Young I don’t get it, he’s ok at best! some of the time at best!

That was the F A Cup ffs! Gutless incompetent talentless bag of garbage.
That is the last time I buy a season ticket, I just can’t do with the great escape again either. Enough is enough.
Last edited by notnow on 14 Oct 2017, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Whew! It must have been bad.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Once more.

It doesn't matter which managers or assistants or players or anything come into the club, it's riddled with disease and unless that disease is treated then it can't get better.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Then the sooner they lock the doors the better, fed up being cannon fodder! Stop wasting everyone’s time and money.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 17:19 Once more.

It doesn't matter which managers or assistants or players or anything come into the club, it's riddled with disease and unless that disease is treated then it can't get better.
Rubbish! Our GM was weeks in the wilderness, carrying out a time consuming and extensive search for a management team from a very competent and experienced pool of applicants. Our GM told us "it has been important for us to find the individuals who... can bring the talent, experience and contacts that are key for a club wanting to climb and top the National League. These guys tick all the boxes for us."

To this end, I am expecting us to be the top of the league by Christmas. Replies on a postcard please C/O Fantasy Island!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think the issue is far bigger than the players not being up to standard, or the management team not being the miracle workers we didn't expect them to be. There has been systemic and deep-rooted failure at Torquay United for many years now, helped occasionally by injections of cash which give short-lived gains and occasional successes but nothing is ever sustained or built upon. For heaven's sake we still haven't got the local board we were promised and no obvious interest from the owners. I'm afraid we're stuck with the team we've got, and the best that we can hope for is to rebuild in the NL South next season - building from the bottom up as that chap from Boring Wood said recently. All deeply depressing I know, but that's the reality no matter how angry and frustrated it makes me and everyone out there reading this.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Hargreaves had a major role in our demise, he pretty much conceded and allowed us to come out of the football league, thinking that he would go on the history books and receiving all the plaudits of getting us back in the league the next season! Trouble is he didn’t realise how difficult that was and is, now he graces our tv’s as a pundit on BT sport complete with his knowall smile and stupid winkle pickers. If I never saw him again it would be too soon!
I’ve got it on me tonight haven’t I!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Geoff Harrop should be held to account. 4 weeks is not the reason where we are but it shows how incompetent he is.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

The demise of the club is down to many reasons, too many to list here but some of the obvious ones are -

The total mis-management of the club off the pitch
The desire to employ ex-players with no previous experience as manager
A local population who generally don't turn up to support the club and have no real interest.
A fanbase that is getting smaller, season by season, and quite frankly who can blame those who fade away?
The increase in clubs who are better run and have better facilities and matter to their local community.

How many people really enjoy going to Plainmoor these days?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Agreed - I really can't remember when I last enjoyed a game at Plainmoor. Must have been some years ago now.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Agreed, we are riddled with incompetence, they all look the part but that’s about it, it’s the same with the players, we dress them up in football shirts with all the socks and boots and they look formidable but the reality is that all they have done is read books and watched too much match of the day and we all cheer them on as if there is hope, but there is very little.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Some people have some interesting (and ridiculous) views on how contracts work.

These are people's jobs we are talking about - they aren't going to voluntarily give up their salary, not pay the mortgage or not feed the family just because some of you don't think they are good enough.

Regardless of who's fault it is, all that can be done now is to get behind what we've got
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Burnhamgull wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 19:04 The demise of the club is down to many reasons, too many to list here but some of the obvious ones are -

The total mis-management of the club off the pitch
The desire to employ ex-players with no previous experience as manager
A local population who generally don't turn up to support the club and have no real interest.
A fanbase that is getting smaller, season by season, and quite frankly who can blame those who fade away?
The increase in clubs who are better run and have better facilities and matter to their local community.

How many people really enjoy going to Plainmoor these days?
Sorry. A local population who dont turn up?
1900 when you are bottom of the National League with one win all season says different.
Just because you gave up doesnt mean that everybody has.
Yes its been 5 years of stupendous crap but the point of supporting a team is not to give in when the going gets tough.
Tust member 191
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

To be fair you have a point, we do keep going but there is an old saying “you can’t flog a dead horse” and another for good measure “ you can’t get blood from a stone” keep the faith ? For how long? At what point do you “ throw in the towel”
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

notnow wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 19:29 To be fair you have a point, we do keep going but there is an old saying “you can’t flog a dead horse” and another for good measure “ you can’t get blood from a stone” keep the faith ? For how long? At what point do you “ throw in the towel”
:goodpost:

To continue to put yourself through the misery of travelling to Plainmoor to watch dross will test anybody over time and gradually people are turning or have turned away.

I have been a ST holder for years but last year I decided not to bother and didn't miss it one bit. In the summer, I decided to buy a ST again and already regret it. How many other ST holders turn up out of duty rather than because they are looking forward to it?

Matt, you may turn up at 2pm outside the popside turnstiles and enjoy an hour on an empty terrace. Good luck to you. For others, the appeal is less and less enticing.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.