Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The pool of possible decent appointments (should we even be trying to recruit one!) has just become more competitive with Chester announcing the sacking of their manager.

I wonder if Mr Harrop will even show up on Saturday should we still be in the endless process of 'getting it right' (when we all are now expecting we will be getting shite!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Chester have this morning sacked their manager, anyone reckon they will take 3 weeks (and counting) to replace him?

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/che ... ract-39430
Chris_F
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Chris_F »

Is anyone from the trust available to make comment? Whilst the trust, by their own constitution, aren't supposed to get involved with on the pitch matters this is now affecting things off the pitch which is within their remit.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Chris_F wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 12:46 Is anyone from the trust available to make comment? Whilst the trust, by their own constitution, aren't supposed to get involved with on the pitch matters this is now affecting things off the pitch which is within their remit.
I was just starting a thread on the trust Chris about the very concerns you and a lot of other fans (some of who PAY the trust out of their own pocket) have regarding the trust and it's recent inactivity.

Admiral made a great point a few posts about about contingency plans. The trust need to identify that at some point in the future when GI have done with the club that there will be someone with cash needed to come in either to prop up the existing club temporarily or start a new one should GI have reached their objectives. Once they have identified this (something most of us identified quite some time ago now) then they need to focus their efforts on this and only this.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

If the protest goes ahead, the Council need to be aware; maybe it could be filmed or photos taken? The low attendance's play into GI"s hands if the Council think it's down to a lack of interest from supporters, which clearly isn't the case.
As for Herrera, what is the point if staying till Christmas? We could be down by then. I agree, he should have gone when Nico did.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

My Mum, God bless her, always told me that no news is good news. GI and their henchmen have shattered that memory for me. Time after time now, no news is bloody awful news as far as Torquay fans are concerned. I wish this could be changed by holding demonstrations, but I don't think it will. Still, anybody using Saturday's opportunity to tell the current regime what we think will receive my best wishes. The Stasi may throw you out of the ground, but good luck.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

brucie wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 11:32
I hope Fatboy has ordered a 5 x large flak jacket and helmet cause he is going to need it when the shit hits the fan.
hahahahahaha. Peak Brucie
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What has Herrera done to deserve even a passing thought of getting the job?

Sure we got a point against Chester (who lets face it are as bad as we are)

And how did they do against Solihull ? - lost 2-0 against ten men. That just about sums it up.

Even Solihull Moors are disappearing into the distance whilst we are incapable of winning a game. If Herrera genuinely thinks he can do the job he must be nuts.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well thats Ronnie Moore out of the running then, nailed on for the Chester job I would have thought, probably
have him lined up, bet it wont take them 3 weeks plus
Not a good choice of words by Herrera "if I dont turn it around by Christmas, well let somebody else have a go "
Is that what the Torquay job has become ? Let somebody else have a go !
You have to assume Harrop , Osborne and co had no idea how much an experienced manager was going to cost them
did they think they would get someone for £40-50, 000 ?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

desperado wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 14:18 Well thats Ronnie Moore out of the running then, nailed on for the Chester job I would have thought, probably
have him lined up, bet it wont take them 3 weeks plus
Not a good choice of words by Herrera "if I dont turn it around by Christmas, well let somebody else have a go "
Is that what the Torquay job has become ? Let somebody else have a go !
You have to assume Harrop , Osborne and co had no idea how much an experienced manager was going to cost them
did they think they would get someone for £40-50, 000 ?
I had to read the quote from Herrera a few times to make sure he said "let somebody else have a go". It is incredible. Amateurish and exactly why we are so deep in the shit. This is supposed to be a professional football club, not the Bootmakers' Arms 2nd eleven, but clearly it is not run properly and hasn't been for some time. Would Osborn run any of his other companies like this? It all points to the real agenda, alienate the fans until they don't want to come any more then point at the lack of fans as justification for turning the ground into a housing estate.
Villagull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Villagull »

Robbie Herrera or Des Bulpin? The quality of the prospective gaffer is going down hill so quick, Chris Todd getting the job will seem like signing Mourinho.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Villagull wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 14:49 Robbie Herrera or Des Bulpin? The quality of the prospective gaffer is going down hill so quick, Chris Todd getting the job will seem like signing Mourinho.
You a Aston Villa fan cos if so, so am I !!!
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

Agreed, crass unprofessionalism from Herrera to imply anyone can "have a go" at being Torquay Manager.

What surprises me if that high quality applicants like Mickey Adams, Ronnie Moore, etc stuck their neck above the parapet. Did none of these experienced managers do their research on the current state of TUFC?? Seems strange that they thought they might get a decent salary and money to build a team when all the signs were the opposite.
As Groucho Marx said (nearly) I would not want to see a big name Manager appointed here who actually applied for the job as Manager here.
Because they are clearly "out of the loop"

Unless an experienced manager was into moving down here to retire (maybe for his wifes sake), then they are sadly blinkered.
Which leaves what? Certainly hope its not "Give us a go" Herrera
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It makes me laugh last week Harrop was going to take over, walls have ears and this week Herrera volunteers to take over to Christmas why are these people running our football club we pay the fee's to watch and we've got idiots who think they can do the job. Get someone to do the job properly even if it's with the budget that is left I think everyone is sick and fed up with what is going on with all these lies.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Gor! ANOTHER day gone by....