Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

As I say, whatever it is needs to have enough numbers to make it worthwhile. I feel an outside protest shows fan support but also that we aren't keen for this to continue on.

The most important thing is that the fan base must try and unite now - GI will hope the fan base remains divided as it is now but all pulling in the same direction (ousting the owners) is likely to see more achieved.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I know the press read these forums as I have seen incorrect information relayed here on many occasion this year make it to DevonLive / Herald, so if the press are reading this then perhaps it would be pertinant to publicise the threat of a mass boycott / protest at the ground this Saturday, maybe the warning alone would be sufficient to nudge the club into some form of communication to allay the unrest somewhat?

Alternatively, I'm sure a group of vocal supporters congregating outside the club office ahead of the game on Saturday would have the capacity to send a message loud and clear? Perhaps it would provide the opportunity to quiz club officials on the state of play whether they like it or not!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

What's happened to the Trust?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

The who? :rofl:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Trust? Exactly. There is none there. They are almost as embarrassing as GI tbh.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Perhaps gi know a certain amount 1200 odd will come whatever....in that case that might be enough to carry on doing whatever they want.

This is now worse than the Webb era anyone agree

Least then bottom of football league you stayed in ... I'm sorry but we are doomed
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Alienate is what GI have done to our club

I think this is what they want
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 22:32 Alienate is what GI have done to our club

I think this is what they want
The alienation of fans was happening well before GI took over to be fair. GI are simply mopping up the leftovers.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Fair point , but it just gets worse.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 22:42 Fair point , but it just gets worse.
Can't argue with that WYG.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

I am doing my best on Twitter to bring it to the attention of the club/Herald Express that momentum is gathering for a boycott. I would suggest any like-minded fans do the same!!
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I presume it has all slowed down due to money. Nicho is still collecting his wages until his contract runs out so the budget for the manager is obviously not enough to attract anyone decent.

There is no need to even think about a boycott of spectators because it has already started. Hundreds went missing last Saturday and the attendance is unlikely to get better in the short-term.

Cross your fingers and be patient.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

midtable wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 01:28 There is no need to even think about a boycott of spectators because it has already started. Hundreds went missing last Saturday and the attendance is unlikely to get better in the short-term.
Exactly; all the rest is hot air and 'Big Girl's Blousing'.....the natural regression of the attendances is underway because of the crap results, until that is halted the gates will get smaller; they are already reduced by 50% since the start of the season and only four home games have been played haven't they?

All this outrage and talk of 'emailing the National League' is just so much stuff and nonsense and any protest outside the gates of the ground whilst the band plays is hilarious conjuring up images of Wolfie Smith and the Tooting Popular Front. Torquay has one front overlooking the sea; it does not need another overlooking a much more pertinent thing ~ common sense!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I'm sure SG knows the whole KN sacking saga and much more besides.
KN,s dismissal was far from a planned event otherwise we would not be in this mess.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 06:43 Exactly; all the rest is hot air and 'Big Girl's Blousing'.....the natural regression of the attendances is underway because of the crap results, until that is halted the gates will get smaller; they are already reduced by 50% since the start of the season and only four home games have been played haven't they?

All this outrage and talk of 'emailing the National League' is just so much stuff and nonsense and any protest outside the gates of the ground whilst the band plays is hilarious conjuring up images of Wolfie Smith and the Tooting Popular Front. Torquay has one front overlooking the sea; it does not need another overlooking a much more pertinent thing ~ common sense!
All talk and no action is the biggest form of 'big girls blousing' there is! It just makes for a forum full of hot air and no action! I acknowledge that this forum is a great appropriate place to vent frustration, having supported Torquay since I was 6 years I know just how necessary this is!

However, sometimes there is a need for action. I know that there are others here like myself who are at least willing to try something, even if to no avail!

Natural regression in crowd sizes won't stir anyone, some form of specific notable action has to be taken. There is no doubt that the action taken by some members on this board have at least 'thrown an oar' into the issues surrounding the stadium saga.

Anyone can sit back and be one of the passive moaning crowd, (even criticising others for their efforts..) and watch the club decline or you can make the choice to get off your arse and at least try to do something to make a difference!

I know what I choose and I encourage others to take some form of positive action
Last edited by Bristol_Gull on 06 Sep 2017, 07:37, edited 2 times in total.