Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Another day gone - and still no news!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 17:12
There is a second level of manager; up and coming young managers from the leagues below who have proven adept at handling small budgets and developing talent. To be honest I was disappointed when it turned out that bobby Wilkinson and his management team ended up at wealdstone rather than here.
.......and this is where Dave Phillips and his board should have been looking in the first place when they gifted the job to Nicholson as a testimonial to his playing days.

That could well be the way forward now except that we do not truthfully know just what budget is being made available to a new manager. We know (or think we know from what the guy tells his inner circle) what Nicholson was trusted with, but that's not to say a more substantial budget will not be put at the disposal of a more competent manager who hasn't made a tit of himself and the club by driving the mini bus and working for the sort of money you would get at MacDonalds...let's not beat about the bush; if Nicholson thought that was the way forward all he did was devalue himself in the eyes of the new owners who took possession of the club in lieu of debts owed.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Paul Cox appointed manager at Guiseley :@ :@ :@ :@
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Dutchgull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 18:17 Paul Cox appointed manager at Guiseley :@ :@ :@ :@

Makes sense. Couldn't see Paul back at Torquay.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

That took 5 days for them to appoint him since they sacked Lockwood, we are on our 18th day and still interviewing and rock bottom drifting further away from survival by each game.....
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

But who will we get ? Gowling and Herrera the dream ( nightmare ) ticket.....
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Northampton Town - Justin Edinburgh dismissed August 31st. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink appointed today. 5 days. Torquay United - 19 days and counting. Why ever would Paul Cox want to go to a sh*thole like Guiseley ??? So then there were three - Micky Adams has counted himself out, Paul Cox otherwise employed.

Any thoughts on Justin Edinburgh? He's had some success in the past .........
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

As the old saying goes "if you snooze you lose"

How many other managers will be removed from our shortlist because we were so darn indecisive?

We must be the laughing stock of the national league!
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ottery gull »

Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

You could not make this up. The club is becoming a joke.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tomogull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 18:24 Northampton Town - Justin Edinburgh dismissed August 31st. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink appointed today. 5 days. Torquay United - 19 days and counting. Why ever would Paul Cox want to go to a sh*thole like Guiseley ??? So then there were three - Micky Adams has counted himself out, Paul Cox otherwise employed.

Any thoughts on Justin Edinburgh? He's had some success in the past .........
Can't believe that tbh.....what does that say about Harrop f**king around all this time???? :@
Cox must have been desperate to leave barrow!!! :rofl:
perhaps he'd actually met that poster on here who told us that cox was coming here.... :rofl:
f**king plank.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

[quote Why ever would Paul Cox want to go to a sh*thole like Guiseley ??? [/quote]

A shithole ~ what justification do have for describing either the town or the football club as that?

Have you been there ~ if so; what did you find that I haven't noticed to draw that conclusion? Or is it because they 'haven't seen a beach'?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 18:43 [quote Why ever would Paul Cox want to go to a sh*thole like Guiseley ???
A shithole ~ what justification do have for describing either the town or the football club as that?

Have you been there ~ if so; what did you find that I haven't noticed to draw that conclusion? Or is it because they 'haven't seen a beach'?
[/quote]

Come on merse everyone is entitled to their opinion....
it's not mine as I've always found it quite nice - however on the three occasions I've watched TUFC there, they have of course lost all three!!!!! Doh!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

MellowYellow wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 15:49 I am not Harrop's right hand man. Common sense should prevail on a Paul Cox appointment. Does one think Paul Cox who got Barrow to 11th and 7th place in the league in successive seasons left Barrow to line up behind five other candidates to prove to Doctor Harrop that he is capable of managing a relegation fodder side and then be told wait 3 to 5 weeks to find out if Doctor Harrop thinks he is good enough for the role. You draw your own conclusions.
There we go! I rest my case.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Think your missing the point, no is saying we won't miss out on some if not all of the names mentioned. That doesn't mean Sol Campbell is the answer, I'd honestly rather have Todd!

We need experience in the league and someone who can work with a tight budget and has contacts. Todd would be a disappointing appointment but Campbell would be completely crazy.