Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Delay is frustrating but need to get it right this time
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

Harrop keeps on saying this and that but I think it is all tosh. Win Saturday and perfect timing to announce Herrera as the boss.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

All the info from Harrop, waiting to be signed off,is in Clarke Osborne's in-tray and he's out of office until next week.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I just can't see that there is money for a manager and assistant plus players left in the budget it could be all these managers have been interviewed and our budget is not big enough for them hence the wait. Harrop can then say I've tried but we just can't afford to get an experienced manager in and players.
All the time we are waiting and we are all guessing because we've got the club at heart. I would sooner spend money on a few players as an experienced manager will only know players on decent wages. Is there players on decent wages in Torquay?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

nickbrod wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 15:20 All the info from Harrop, waiting to be signed off,is in Clarke Osborne's in-tray and he's out of office until next week.
Is this sarcastic or actually true!?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

arcadia wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 15:36 I just can't see that there is money for a manager and assistant plus players left in the budget it could be all these managers have been interviewed and our budget is not big enough for them hence the wait. Harrop can then say I've tried but we just can't afford to get an experienced manager in and players.
Certainly last season, before GI came in, we didn't have a pot to piss in; but now the budget is set by owners who could, if they chose to do so, increase it.
Given that the owners are responsible for this debacle in that they let the previous manager blow the lot on a squad of unfit players, then they should be prepared to put their hands in their pockets and fork out to start again. This has in part come about because GI have no idea how to run a football club and should accept they have made and will make costly mistakes.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

They SACKED the last manager. They KNEW they would need to replace him. They should have had somebody in place pretty much straight away. It's not **** difficult. Absolute bloody disgrace it's taken this long.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

We've got the fans who are telling us to be patient and that's fine but the longer the delay, the more frustration builds and hope that they are taking their time because they are eventually going to knock our socks off and reveal they have nailed a stellar manager (in NL terms).

This is fine if this happens. Thing is if it ends up being a clown then GI have nowhere to go.

This appointment has to be pretty damn special now.
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

Exactly, Scott. If they had decided it was time for Nicho to go, they should have kept him on until they found the replacement. (I would wager that had Nicho still been in charge against Guiseley, Solihull and Woking, we'd have picked up more than 0/9 points.)

But then having him off the wage bill immediately is much more suitable for our owners... :}
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I actually think hes doing the right thing in interviewing each candidate properly. Of course I don't know if this is ACTUALLY true but if it is then its the right decision.

You wouldn't employ the first bullshitter who walks through the door surely.

As for having someone lined up, not sure it was practical in this case. I reckon the patience just went and it was a snap decision. None of us are party to the conversations between owner and KN, God knows what either promised, said, predicted or anything. I would guess One of the management team, Harrop or Osbourne, who knows, just lost patience after seeing debacle after debacle and wanted to just get rid.

For ounce I think they are trying to do it properly, yes we are rudderless but they have to be sure as they can that the guy they offer the job to aint just a total BULLSHITTER!
TUST MEMBER
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Neal wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:43 I actually think hes doing the right thing in interviewing each candidate properly. Of course I don't know if this is ACTUALLY true but if it is then its the right decision.

You wouldn't employ the first bullshitter who walks through the door surely.

As for having someone lined up, not sure it was practical in this case. I reckon the patience just went and it was a snap decision. None of us are party to the conversations between owner and KN, God knows what either promised, said, predicted or anything. I would guess One of the management team, Harrop or Osbourne, who knows, just lost patience after seeing debacle after debacle and wanted to just get rid.

For ounce I think they are trying to do it properly, yes we are rudderless but they have to be sure as they can that the guy they offer the job to aint just a total BULLSHITTER!
Agree with you, they are trying to do it properly.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Nicholson can't be off the wage bill as he was under contract. Either he's still being paid or he's due a pay-off in compensation.
According to this afternoon's HE podcast the biscuit eaters are expecting Ronnie Moore to be announced after the weekend.
But what do they know?
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

nickbrod wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:47 Nicholson can't be off the wage bill as he was under contract. Either he's still being paid or he's due a pay-off in compensation.
According to this afternoon's HE podcast the biscuit eaters are expecting Ronnie Moore to be announced after the weekend.
But what do they know?
will be him.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

You can write Marcus Bignot out of the equation as he's taken the Barrow job where he will link up with his former assistant at Solihull and Grimsby; Mickey Moore........didn't make them long did it!

No we don't want the first bull shitter that walks through the door ~ Thea Bristow fell for that with Farcegreaves and Dave Phillips & Co with Nicholson.
As for believing that if he was still here the team would suddenly have started winning are deluded.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 17:11 You can write Marcus Bignot out of the equation as he's taken the Barrow job where he will link up with his former assistant at Solihull and Grimsby; Mickey Moore........didn't make them long did it!

No we don't want the first bull shitter that walks through the door ~ Thea Bristow fell for that with Farcegreaves and Dave Phillips & Co with Nicholson.
As for believing that if he was still here the team would suddenly have started winning are deluded.
Will be Ronnie