Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 14:50 All fair points to raise Somersetgull but i don't expect a decent calibre of manager to be appointed nor any new manager to be given a budget that befits the football club. KN didn't have a great deal of money to spend and what he did have he spent badly but hardly GI sending out a statement that they mean business.
Do you know what the playing budget is then ? KN said himself he expected to be competitive this season. I am not a GI fan, not in anyway, but they making attempts to make the club and team more professional. That would, I assume, include a half decent playing budget. I agree that the next appointment will signal their intent but they cannot be blamed for where the club are now
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 14:02 Just cannot see Moore coming that far south without the guaranteed budget or salary that he commanded at Eastleigh. He's a northern manager who manages predominantly northern clubs. He's not getting any younger either.

If Moore arrives then GI have chucked a few quid at this next chapter in TUFC history and they just don't do things like that.

Moore won't be coming.
100000% will be Moore
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 14:50 All fair points to raise Somersetgull but i don't expect a decent calibre of manager to be appointed nor any new manager to be given a budget that befits the football club. KN didn't have a great deal of money to spend and what he did have he spent badly but hardly GI sending out a statement that they mean business.
You don't know who they will appoint or how much money they will give him... until they appoint a shitty manager and give no budget why assume? All I have seen is money spent... this has to be about the bigger picture, even for GI.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I was led to understand that this season's budget was a significant increase over last season's. Sadly Nicholson didn't spend it wisely.
I really hope the new manager will seriously consider cancelling some contracts. The new guy really needs to show who's in charge.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

somersetgull wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 14:28 They chucked a few quid on the pitch, chucked a few quid on away overnight stops and sorted out transport. Chucked a few quid on new contracts for KN's wonder signings. Chucked a few quid in obtaining boots and laces. So yer expect nothing to be chucked on a decent new manager!

Exactly right somersetgull. The problem is that TUST militants and their sympathisers have been peddling the same line about G.I running the club down via lack of investment, that it's reached the point where they can't change their tune this far down the line. Obviously a Ronnie Moore appointment would see the TUST militants well and truly blown out of the water, and their deceit exposed for good.

Add to that, such a clear demonstration of Clarke Osborne's ambitions for the club would surely force the Council to step up to the plate and play their part. Even if TUST continue behind the scenes in trying to influence the local politicians to hold us back, their obstructionist position will surely soon be untenable.

Easy to see why some people need to convince themselves it won't be Ronnie Moore ;-)
Last edited by Alpine Joe on 27 Aug 2017, 16:14, edited 2 times in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

sgf wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 15:19 Do you know what the playing budget is then ? KN said himself he expected to be competitive this season. I am not a GI fan, not in anyway, but they making attempts to make the club and team more professional. That would, I assume, include a half decent playing budget. I agree that the next appointment will signal their intent but they cannot be blamed for where the club are now
whoever they appoint it will show their intent. if their "five year plan" whatever that is - includes TUFC progressing then it is essential - as I have said before, that GI recruit a proven experienced manager. if they don't that will say it all.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Alpine, you really have an issue with TUST don't you.

It would be nice to think that we could all pull together in these difficult times but that would be wishful thinking. Divided, we haven't a chance.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Alpine Joe wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 16:13
Exactly right somersetgull. The problem is that TUST militants and their sympathisers have been peddling the same line about G.I running the club down via lack of investment, that it's reached the point where they can't change their tune this far down the line. Obviously a Ronnie Moore appointment would see the TUST militants well and truly blown out of the water, and their deceit exposed for good.

Add to that, such a clear demonstration of Clarke Osborne's ambitions for the club would surely force the Council to step up to the plate and play their part. Even if TUST continue behind the scenes in trying to influence the local politicians to hold us back, their obstructionist position will surely soon be untenable.

Easy to see why some people need to convince themselves it won't be Ronnie Moore ;-)
I'm not "in" with TUST, but I am waiting for GI's full intentions to be shown.
for example, fans forum? local members on the board? five year plan? detailed plans for a new stadium if the council sell the freehold????
until they can clarify this and also act on things, then there will be many doubters who not necessarily are linked to TUST.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

gateman49 wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 16:20 Alpine, you really have an issue with TUST don't you.

It would be nice to think that we could all pull together in these difficult times but that would be wishful thinking. Divided, we haven't a chance.

I certainly did feel there was an issue of pro Trust propaganda being put out on Forums with nothing to counter it, and have done what I can to give the other side of the story an occasional airing.

But obviously the decision for one section of the fanbase to break away and set themselves up as potential owners, by definition could have no other outcome than to divide the fans into two separate factions. I think it's very regrettable, but the bunch of militants that engineered that split obviously carry the responsibility.

But lets hope our new Manager is successful, making TUST an increasing irrelevance, as that will mean that the breakaway red agitator group might decide to come back, tails between their legs, and acknowledge that their bid for self importance over the bulk of their fellow fans has ended in failure.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Alpine Joe wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 17:30
I certainly did feel there was an issue of pro Trust propaganda being put out on Forums with nothing to counter it, and have done what I can to give the other side of the story an occasional airing.

But obviously the decision for one section of the fanbase to break away and set themselves up as potential owners, by definition could have no other outcome than to divide the fans into two separate factions. I think it's very regrettable, but the bunch of militants that engineered that split obviously carry the responsibility.

But lets hope our new Manager is successful, making TUST an increasing irrelevance, as that will mean that the breakaway red agitator group might decide to come back, tails between their legs, and acknowledge that their bid for self importance over the bulk of their fellow fans has ended in failure.
The reason for the so called 'TUST propaganda' is GI's history in sports, go out there and google it. It's all there before you. Without that history then the fans would have been far more welcoming, especially after the utter shambles of Thea Bristow's reign and Dave Phillips' omnishambles. GI compounded this with their utter lack of action and communication with the fans in their first six months of ownership, they're getting better but we'll still view them with the suspicion that their history deserves.

The TUST aren't breaking away to 'set themselves up as potential owners', I imagine it's the last thing most of them would want to have to do, they're providing a dissenting voice and keeping the fans engaged and informed about GI's character and history, as the Herald Express pointedly is not. When Chris Roberts nearly killed the club, TUST was there to fight against him, expose his lies and ultimately force him out. They're there again now to ensure that GI do not get that chance...Then again if I remember correctly you supported Roberts to the extent that people on here actually thought you were Chris Roberts or one of his associates. You don't have the best record in these matters.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 16:13 whoever they appoint it will show their intent. if their "five year plan" whatever that is - includes TUFC progressing then it is essential - as I have said before, that GI recruit a proven experienced manager. if they don't that will say it all.
will certainly tell us a little more about GI...
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 15:57 I was led to understand that this season's budget was a significant increase over last season's. Sadly Nicholson didn't spend it wisely.
I really hope the new manager will seriously consider cancelling some contracts. The new guy really needs to show who's in charge.
Surely our director of recruitment should be held responsible in some degree
Lucy
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

SenorDingDong
The reason for the so called 'TUST propaganda' is GI's history in sports, go out there and google it. It's all there before you. Without that history then the fans would have been far more welcoming, especially after the utter shambles of Thea Bristow's reign and Dave Phillips' omnishambles. GI compounded this with their utter lack of action and communication with the fans in their first six months of ownership, they're getting better but we'll still view them with the suspicion that their history deserves.

The TUST aren't breaking away to 'set themselves up as potential owners', I imagine it's the last thing most of them would want to have to do, they're providing a dissenting voice and keeping the fans engaged and informed about GI's character and history, as the Herald Express pointedly is not. When Chris Roberts nearly killed the club, TUST was there to fight against him, expose his lies and ultimately force him out. They're there again now to ensure that GI do not get that chance...Then again if I remember correctly you supported Roberts to the extent that people on here actually thought you were Chris Roberts or one of his associates. You don't have the best record in these matters.

We were being deluged with pro-TUST propaganda across the Forums long before any of us had heard of GI. Trust members or anyone else are entitled to make whatever criticisms of GI they want, but anti Gi sentiment doesn't have to equate as pro TUST, and I'd draw a definite distinction.

I would fully back your advice for anyone to do their own research, DingDong. I've certainly done vast amounts of research on the Supporters Trust movement from the very moment I was suspicious of the Blair Government's motives in setting it up. But yes of course, people should look into G.I just as thoroughly. I, like many others, started off with the TUST member originated writings and leads posted on this site, and through following the leads and checking the credibility and motives of those who produced the articles linked to from the leads, was able to form my own opinion. So I would caution supporters against solely relying on letting themselves get informed by TUST on any matter. Dig under the surface, check for yourselves and then question whether TUST present a fair, factual and balanced account to you on important issues that concern you.

No DingDong, you don't remember correctly as to me ever uttering one word of support for Chris Roberts. It's total codswallop that's been put about recently by some TUST fanatics who have found it convenient to misremember. If you would like to know the sequence of events on which they're attempting to base their lie, then send me a PM, and I'll gladly recount it for you rather than clog up the Forum.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The fact that GIs past involvement with sporting venues in the past has led to the demolition of those venues and the ending of those sports in their towns is NOT TUST propaganda it is FACT.
Joe's ranting on about TUST is just a smokescreen to mask the fact that his ideology of free market economics is what threatens the very existence of TUFC.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 05:01 The fact that GIs past involvement with sporting venues in the past has led to the demolition of those venues and the ending of those sports in their towns is NOT TUST propaganda it is FACT.
Joe's ranting on about TUST is just a smokescreen to mask the fact that his ideology of free market economics is what threatens the very existence of TUFC.
I don't see GI starving the club financially, I don't see any indication that they are appointing a clown (we have had two now) as the next manager (albeit they still may), I don't see a new website (GI funded), brand development (GI funded) and so on...

I may be a sceptic but am also a realist, you can not KEEP shooting them down, why the hell invest so much (I am advised by a very reliable contact that GI are spending thousands each month keeping the club balance positive). Yes they will want some commercial benefit in the long run, but at the same time they are keeping the club alive.

Think you will find that it is on the pitch that is killing us. Thanks Kevin!