Guiseley v Torquay United 19/08

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That's just mutual respect for two wise old sages Wivel.

Unlike Southampton Gull and Nico which is bordering on worrying ;-)

Gawd knows who Sg is going to fixate on now but my moneys on Fallon and his man bun :O :O :O
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Well Wivel - at the risk of having my account closed a la Ray for a non-Torquay United post, what happend to Whitby Town yesterday - a 3 - 1 home defeat against Stoubridge?? But a good mid-week 4 - 1 win against Stalybridge. I suspect you will tell me wthat Stourbridge will be one of the stronger sides in the division as they were last season, whereas Stalybridge won't be ..... I think you mentioned that a Whitby player had been transferred for a five-figure sum. Has any of the money been re-invested in the team?

Sticking to non-TUFC news (i.e. avoiding the gloom and doom on here), I see that Tavistock, Barnstaple & Bideford all successfully negotiated the preliminary round of the F.A. Cup yesterday. Bliddy good job we don't have to play in the Preliminary Round.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 16:19 That's just mutual respect for two wise old sages Wivel.

Unlike Southampton Gull and Nico which is bordering on worrying ;-)

Gawd knows who Sg is going to fixate on now but my moneys on Fallon and his man bun :O :O :O
What is actually worrying my old fruit is your obsession that grown men with a mutual respect for each other must be after each others sphincter. I would suggest you try knocking down the dividing wall in your own house and actually try to get some. It might stop you fantasising about what other men are up to ;-)

Like Tomogull, I actually agree with your previous post.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm afraid, tomogull, that little if any of the money we made from the sale of Dale Hopson to Blyth Spartans (everyone knows the amount but we are [more or less] prohibited from saying) has been re-invested in new players. Hopson was a one-man show last season (well worth the price of my season ticket) but this season we're back to normal (mid or low-mid table). Mind you, compared with the misfortunes of TUFC, Whitby is a well-run and financially stable club but - and it's a big but - will never achieve promotion (which is what everyone stated they wanted at the AGM) unless they bite the bullet and invest in much better players than they have at present. The 4-1 win against Stalybridge was convincing, but the 1-3 defeat to Stourbridge (they parked a ten-man bus in the second half) wasn't. Still, there's no sense of despair and fear [of relegation] as is apparent on these TUFC pages.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its all in jest - you have to be mad to be a Torquay fan lets face it :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Even more mad to run a TUFC forum ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

You have to be clinically insane to be a Barrow fan on a TUFC forum...
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

sgf wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 21:18 You have to be clinically insane to be a Barrow fan on a TUFC forum...
Don't know about clinically. Just a wind up merchant really. All this banging on about blogs and e-mails when he knows the correct terms is a wind up, as is starting a match prediction thread for games when he knows we don't do prediction threads but do matchday threads. Yes it may be a matter of semantics, but he has been told so to continue after being told is just totally disrespectful. Which in fact is what he has been most of the time. He is member of the month because he votes for himself, another wind up.

Next time he sticks up a prediction thread somebody else should immediately put up a matchday thread. We can then all post on the matchday thread leaving just the one solitary opening post on the prediction thread.

Just an irritating little fly buzzing around the ear of a pedigree stallion! ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arrywithanh wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 13:39 Gosh your replies are monotonous
Monotonous that's almost as good as your username. Seriously arrywithanh you and ray should just go on goggle box together.Just like the tv show it's full of bollocks and maybe then when you have your claim to fame you can both bugger of this forum.
Lucy
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Aug 2017, 02:24 Monotonous that's almost as good as your username. Seriously arrywithanh you and ray should just go on goggle box together.Just like the tv show it's full of bollocks and maybe then when you have your claim to fame you can both bugger of this forum.
yawn...
Charley the Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by Charley the Gull »

Just back from a weekend up north hence a 'late' posting and to be honest haven't read all the posts in this thread so pols if I repeat. However, it's prob been said we threw the match away in the last ten minutes. Atrocious first thirty minutes where it was all hoof and hope. No midfield - in fact I had to ask my mate at half time if Lathrope was playing! Defence were all over the place and they kept threading balls down the right with numerous crosses flying around the box. Their centre forward and number 9 were running us ragged. Corners kept causing us problems with the bar being hit and sure enough their goal was inevitable. So, I was pretty amazed when we did score and that put us on the front foot to go 2-1 up. Second half was completely different. They took one of their good defenders and the dangerous number 9 off - even their fans were stunned. Started well for them but then we pushed the ball around on the ground and were peppering their goal. In fact one occasion we had it in their box for what seemed like an age but the eventual shot was blasted over the top. Lasted for a good thirty mins when we should have gone further ahead. But the usual last ten mins when we just fell back on defence and gave the goals away. Ended with McGinty having a blazing row with the team after the final whistle.
Sad thing is when we do play football we have the beating of teams but we just can't seem to play for 90 mins.