Guiseley v Torquay United 19/08

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

sgf wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:13 I don't care if I get banned but Ray you are a complete b3llend. F@!k off. Now.
Nobody is going to ban you Sean, Ray will be advised that our main board is for TUFC related posts though and failure to comply will see his membership up for discussion though ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Bet Clarkey had no idea how busy he would be when he signed! motm again right! 5th game running!!

What a gutless bunch of losers bar one or two, weather a new manager will knock this lot into shape is debatable.

Didn't think I could hurt anymore, I thought we were at the stage of "well it cant get any worse" wrong again eh!

Truly feel sorry for our fans... we are being tested at record levels.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

arrywithanh wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:18 :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
I was going to post the same but sgf managed to use much milder language than I had in mind. He's like an irritating fly around a horse! ;-)
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

The last 5 minute curse prevails again.

I'd love to see a statistic which shows just how many times we have lost a game in the last 5...

It's a worrying trend.

I retract my 'Herrara being a hero' prediction and replace it with a call for a full replacement of the management team.

Experience required.

In the interim we need to immediately stop playing midfielders at left back and centre back 😦
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If I were the new manager I'd be cancelling contracts. Davis for a start and if Klukowski isn't good enough at the back he surely doesn't bring anything to the midfield. No wonder York allowed him to give up his second year on his contract there.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:26 Nobody is going to ban you Sean, Ray will be advised that our main board is for TUFC related posts though and failure to comply will see his membership up for discussion though ;-)
Cheers Dave!!
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:26 Nobody is going to ban you Sean, Ray will be advised that our main board is for TUFC related posts though and failure to comply will see his membership up for discussion though ;-)
Surely posting a comment about our recently departed manager is Torquay United related Dave. Poor old Ray. He doesn't mean any harm and is as entitled to share his opinions as anyone else on here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 18:09 Surely posting a comment about our recently departed manager is Torquay United related Dave. Poor old Ray. He doesn't mean any harm and is as entitled to share his opinions as anyone else on here.
Enough of Ray, he should move on. It was mildly amusing that he was voted member of the month, but paraphrasing his comment that enraged fellow posters, 'we made our bed', it is ours not his and this is a difficult time. He has no commitment to TUFC, so time to get his coat...
Last edited by Lloyder5 on 19 Aug 2017, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
TUST number 080
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Lloyder5 wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 18:15 Enough of Ray, he should move on. It was mildly amusing that he was voted member of the month, but paraphrasing his comment that enraged fellow posters, 'we made our bed, it is ours not his and this is a difficult time'. He has no commitment to TUFC, so time to get his coat...

:goodpost:
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

It is so interesting reading your posts about Ray, post something interesting or don't post! no bugger will read this crap
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

notnow wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 18:20 It is so interesting reading your posts about Ray, post something interesting or don't post! no bugger will read this crap
LOL - Don't be wet, you just read it!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

confusion about own goal Sky and BBC stated Keating but it seems he had been subbed Great reporting I reckon
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 18:09 Surely posting a comment about our recently departed manager is Torquay United related Dave. Poor old Ray. He doesn't mean any harm and is as entitled to share his opinions as anyone else on here.
No argument from me as I wasn't referring to that particular post. I used to frequent Exeweb and they allow fans of other clubs to post as long as it's on topic but anything else is strictly for their banter board. On here we have the other boards for his Barrow related discussion and on those he can more or less post as he sees fit. I like to think we're pretty accommodating on here even when things get heated, hopefully that explains things a little more clearly.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 16:52 There might have been a few joke calls, but no body was seriously going to call for Herrera to be manager, what ever the final result , the team have clearly played very well by the sounds of it. The obvious for the new manager is to sort out the back four, do that, and maybe some sharper finishing up top, and we'll be ok.
Back four, sharper finishing ..... dont forget the midfield (which went AWOL last Tuesday). Quite a bit of sorting out for the new manager methinks. ;-) I haven't checked, but I think we have now conceded more goals than any other team in the league. Pitiful.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

tomogull wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 18:43 Back four, sharper finishing ..... dont forget the midfield (which went AWOL last Tuesday). Quite a bit of sorting out for the new manager methinks. ;-) I haven't checked, but I think we have now conceded more goals than any other team in the league. Pitiful.
Doesn't help that two of our key defenders are on permanent sick leave. Perhaps they'll be back in time for the great escape?