Gateshead vs Torquay United 12.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

Doubtless SG will come up with an exemplary reason why it is not Nicholson's fault.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Flipper wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:24 Any team that has Luke Young in it is going nowhere but unfortunately KN thinks he's the business. Personally I think he c**p. The other thing I can't understand is that basis to getting results for any team is not to conceded but we can't seem to do that consistently, which amazes me as both the management team were defenders. Very poor and I can't see how they are going to progress. Well I can actually and it begins with dropping Young, the weakest link.
Young is about our only plus point. Crazy thing to suggest.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Flipper wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:24 Any team that has Luke Young in it is going nowhere but unfortunately KN thinks he's the business. Personally I think he c**p. The other thing I can't understand is that basis to getting results for any team is not to conceded but we can't seem to do that consistently, which amazes me as both the management team were defenders. Very poor and I can't see how they are going to progress. Well I can actually and it begins with dropping Young, the weakest link.
:rofl:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:36 Is this a wind up?

Considering some of the utter rubbish we've had, you pick Young out for criticism? Who would you put in his place?
All about opinions and in mine he's been sh*te and continues to be sh*te. In his place I'd play anyone who can tackle, run or pass a straight ball all attributes he doesn't have.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Fair enough. Did you rate Courtney Richards by any chance?
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Flipper »

hector wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:39 Young is about our only plus point. Crazy thing to suggest.
And therein lies part of the problem. Deluded fans and management team who thinks he''s decent. Plymouth released him for a reason !!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:44 Fair enough. Did you rate Courtney Richards by any chance?
No, but KN did!!!
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Flipper »

[quote="Plymouth Gull" post_id=209291 time=1502556281 user_id=188]
Fair enough. Did you rate Courtney Richards by any chance?
[/quot
He had my attributes, unfortunately he was lacking the mos important one any football ability !
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

As in life and being a, Torquay United supporter you have to manage your expectations.We have one more point than I expected after the first three games with a goal difference of minus four,about par for the course.We now have another six games on which to judge the squad and the management,at that point I think we will see where the season is going .We are what we are,a club in decline with a inexpierenced manager and new owners who have no idea about running a football club although I do think we have a better squad than in the last season but as in expectations mine ain't high.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH 'going nowhere' hahaha. Flipper for gaffer :lol: :lol: :lol:

What. An. Idiot!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

After the three fixtures we have had do you think it's really fair to be calling for the Managers head ? . The team has spend more time on the motorway than on a training ground. Anyone who REALLY considers those three fixtures to be a fair ground for such assessment clearly is beyond objective judgement.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

NorfolkGull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:20 AHAHAHAHAHAHAH 'going nowhere' hahaha. Flipper for gaffer :lol: :lol: :lol:

What. An. Idiot!
Careful, don't want to have an opinion on this forum, else you get berated.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I think it's been said on a previous thread but, as a club, we are now in the position where we will have a massive turnover of playing staff EVERY year because we sign players on 1yr contracts. I understand the reasons why we do that but it means that you have to have a tactically switched on manager or a very good motivator to get players playing well from the off.

Nico has always said he should be judged when it's HIS team. Well, this is HIS team and it hasn't started well.

I agree that we should see where we are by the end of August but at the moment things do not look good.

The next three games against Boreham, Guisley and Solihull will give a much clearer picture.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes great - we have three easier fixtures coming up. But Gateshead won't be anywhere near the top of the table come the end of the season, so anyone saying this was a tough fixture is kidding themselves.

Its all very well using the opposition as an excuse but Tranmere lost at home to Sutton today. We couldn't beat them when they had nine men.

Lets hope we can get a couple of wins on the board but with our injuries we will more than likely lose these as well.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

brucie wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:54 Yes great - we have three easier fixtures coming up. But Gateshead won't be anywhere near the top of the table come the end of the season, so anyone saying this was a tough fixture is kidding themselves.

Its all very well using the opposition as an excuse but Tranmere lost at home to Sutton today. We couldn't beat them when they had nine men.

Lets hope we can get a couple of wins on the board but with our injuries we will more than likely lose these as well.
Tranmere only had 9 men for the last 10 minutes so that stat is misleading.

You're right, however, Gateshead possibly might not be near the top in May. We also have two weaker (on paper) sides to come. If we don't get a decent points return from the next three games, we can start to worry a bit more.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.