Gateshead vs Torquay United 12.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

arrywithanh wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:55

You're not a very intelligent person are you.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Judge Nicholson when he's had chance to build HIS team...............oh shit, this IS his team.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Goose9 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:57 ...

You're not a very intelligent person are you.
Perhaps...
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Burnhamgull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:58 Judge Nicholson when he's had chance to build HIS team...............oh shit, this IS his team.
:goodpost:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Early days but this just looks like another relegation battle already. No decent strikers. Three injuries and we cannot fill the bench. We are looking in disarray already.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

he has to go, get someone in who can motivate the players, this needs to be done soon , nicho has no plan B. or A come to that.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

brucie wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:53 Well this result is an absolute embarrassment. Or is this another "tough game". We have a team consisting of the piss weak Chaney at full back. Our new full back hasn't kicked a ball in anger all season and appears to have been crocked before we signed him. Our stellar center half is crocked already, and we have a roster of strikers who seem to be the sum total of bloody useless put together.

We have a 35 year old ice cream man as back up who was released by Truro. Ok we can all accept that we were not going to beat Tranmere and Adershot but bloody hell Gateshead is hardly an "intimidating" atmosphere.

They have bugger all fans and those who are there are about five miles from the pitch behind a running track.

Can anybody see us winning on Tuesday?

Three games gone and has Nicholson improved anything? - we actually appear WORSE than ever. Pathetic, dismal, embarrassing.
Different atmosphere and if Jordan is back he can replace donkey Chaney, so maybe but we were crap today. Plus, as I have already said its the last 20 mins that let us down Nicho needs to sort it out otherwise he will get axed.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

May be only 3 games gone but the pressure is really on Nicholson already. I am beginning to lose patience
All this chopping and changing of players, positions and formations, does he know what he is doing?
Shuffling the pack just like last season trying to hit on the right formula
Only 2 wins and a draw from the next 3 games against BW, Guisley and Solihull will do for me
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

arrywithanh wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:55
You are no friend rsehole. :na:

(8) NICHOLSON! . . . Nicholson . . .
(8) NICHOLSON! . . . Nicholson . . . :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Afraid with no Josh Gowling in defence, we look very poor defensively. Upfront we are lightweight, how is it only us the supporters can see this ?
We keep signing good players who are injury prone, it's why no one else wants them.
It's difficult to stay positive, think people will soon start turning on KN.
and no matter what people say, we should be winning these games.
Guessing next home crowd will be 1700.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Sadly predictable and seems to suggest yet another shite season in store - this would be our 6th in a row. The Nicho experiment appears not to have worked, sadly. There will be plenty finding excuse after excuse but it has been dreadful for far too long under his management, sadly.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Any team that has Luke Young in it is going nowhere but unfortunately KN thinks he's the business. Personally I think he c**p. The other thing I can't understand is that basis to getting results for any team is not to conceded but we can't seem to do that consistently, which amazes me as both the management team were defenders. Very poor and I can't see how they are going to progress. Well I can actually and it begins with dropping Young, the weakest link.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

hector wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:12 Sadly predictable and seems to suggest yet another shite season in store - this would be our 6th in a row. The Nicho experiment appears not to have worked, sadly. There will be plenty finding excuse after excuse but it has been dreadful for far too long under his management, sadly.
Agree in entirety
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Flipper wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:24 Any team that has Luke Young in it is going nowhere but unfortunately KN thinks he's the business. Personally I think he c**p. The other thing I can't understand is that basis to getting results for any team is not to conceded but we can't seem to do that consistently, which amazes me as both the management team were defenders. Very poor and I can't see how they are going to progress. Well I can actually and it begins with dropping Young, the weakest link.
Is this a wind up?

Considering some of the utter rubbish we've had, you pick Young out for criticism? Who would you put in his place?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

brucie wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:53 Well this result is an absolute embarrassment. Or is this another "tough game". We have a team consisting of the piss weak Chaney at full back. Our new full back hasn't kicked a ball in anger all season and appears to have been crocked before we signed him. Our stellar center half is crocked already, and we have a roster of strikers who seem to be the sum total of bloody useless put together.

We have a 35 year old ice cream man as back up who was released by Truro. Ok we can all accept that we were not going to beat Tranmere and Adershot but bloody hell Gateshead is hardly an "intimidating" atmosphere.

They have bugger all fans and those who are there are about five miles from the pitch behind a running track.

Can anybody see us winning on Tuesday?

Three games gone and has Nicholson improved anything? - we actually appear WORSE than ever. Pathetic, dismal, embarrassing.
I must have missed the announcement where number of fans = results.

It's extremely bold to suggest we're worse than we've ever been. We all know just how bad things have been in the past!