Tiverton Town v Torquay United.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

Well that was a bit of a damp squib but as said on this thread it is only pre season, i remember us beating a WBA side full of first teamers last year but we still got beat by Sutton Utd who had 10 men and a full back in goal!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

well guys. whats the final score
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Finished 3-1
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 21:10 I use this web site and the Barrow web site, along with the National League banter wall on Face Book.

Ray
We've been beaten by a good side and very good manager in Martin Rogers.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

arcadia wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 21:41 We've been beaten by a good side and very good manager in Martin Rogers.
What does that say about us? don't know about manager but I hear Tiverton have an excellent goalkeeper
Ray Johnstone wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 21:10 I use this web site and the Barrow web site, along with the National League banter wall on Face Book.

Ray
Ray, I hear that Aldershot's forum is short of a few 'Vloger's - Bloggers' - E-mailers - Telegram Messengers' ' so you might want to use their forum and cheer them up with your Barrow updates - for reasons unbeknown to me you don't seem to be appreciated on this forum. I would cut and run mate and go to the Aldershot forum where you will be really appreciated - your Barrow knowledge is wasted on this lot.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 14 Jul 2017, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

Anyone know how Barrow-in-Furness got on today?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well that was garbage, outplayed in the first half, perhaps they should have told us that it was a 7.15 kick off
Tiverton are a team, we are not at the moment, they passed it better, movement was better, desire was better
We had more possession in the 2nd half but failed to test Rice in the 90 minutes
Only player to impress me was Jake Gosling. I know its only a friendly but I found it rather depressing and
embarrassing, lot of work to do to get that lot playing as a team.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

arcadia wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 21:41 We've been beaten by a good side and very good manager in Martin Rogers.
Martyn Rogers wasn't there tonight owing to a 'family matter'
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 22:43 No they beat a shit side with a very poor manager!
And I suppose you've got a perfectly good explanation as to why you think that he is a very poor manager? You seem to have a habit of insulting certain people without having the stones to provide one piece of evidence or explanation. Calling Steve Breed a 'farce of a human' still sticks in my mind...

If you do just 5 minutes of research on Martin rogers you will see that he took up the position on a hugely restricted wage budget in 2014 after the resignation of John Clarkson and managed to rebuild the squad and gain promotion to the Southern Premier League just two seasons later. 'Very poor' manager? Doesn't look like it. Unless you can shed some light as to why he is?

***EDIT***

Just realised you were referring to Nicho, not Martin Rogers (sorry all, been a long day and very tired!)
Last edited by Goose9 on 14 Jul 2017, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 22:39 Martyn Rogers wasn't there tonight owing to a 'family matter'

Martyn has put the team together and is a very good manager.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 22:43 No they beat a shit side with a very poor manager!
you're such a buffoon its unreal

ALREADY - which is 2 pre season games - the side is 'shit'

To come to this assessment is one of the most idiotic posts ive ever seen on this TUFC (barrow) forum!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Don't get me wrong; I agree Martyn is a very good a manager and somewhere along the line his talents have been ignored by bigger clubs than Tiverton.

When I made my post it was in response to what is on the Tiverton Town twitter account tonight rather than as a challenge to your assertion as to his ability.
digbygull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by digbygull »

In terms of the game tonight I thought we were poor all over the pitch, Tiverton were definitely the better team. We hardly tested Rice at all. First time I've seen Higgins and he was one of the few to come away with any credit.

Slightly worrying when you consider this was mostly our first team (especially in the 1st half when we were at our worst). However, this was only a friendly, and by all accounts we were a lot better than this two days ago.

More disappoining than the performance for me were the two flares let off during the game, presumably by Torquay 'fans' as one was after our disallowed goal, and by Reid going in hard on Tiverton players and then confronting a Torquay fan who'd rightly told him to calm down after the final whistle (having to be dragged away by a Tivvy player).
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

There are names on the team sheet that I don't recognise - Hancock, Nathan Hebbes and Harry Bell, all named as subs. Who are they? What positions do they play? Did any of them catch the eye? And how did Oudabade play? He's an experienced striker but I don't think he's a prolific scorer.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Can't say for performances but I believe that Hebbes and Bell are Torquay Academy players. By Hancock do you mean Hancox? As in Will Hancox?