The New Kit and Sponsor !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

The New Kit and Sponsor !!

Post by Dutchgull »

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The kits do not look bad but they are just teamwear kits after all. You can buy the shirts from pro direct for £17 each without the badge on. The gold, white and blue versions are direct from the park team catalogue. Any local Ragged Arse Rovers might be wearing the same kit.

www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Nike-T ... 61015.aspx?

www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Nike-T ... 61008.aspx?

www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Nike-T ... 61012.aspx?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

i like the white, looks smart!

Given the above maybe it wont be £40 a shirt :whistle:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

very very uninspiring, from the selection of kits that nike make i must admit i was hoping for last seasons barca in yellow and blue? is there even any blue on that home kit at all? poor , lazy choice, as people have remarked its straight off the shelf, someone has just ticked one set of yellow, one of blue and one of white, will be interesting to see that we charge for printing a badge and a sponsors logo onto a £17 shirt?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

altho it appears all nike kits are shite this season, so maybe we've dodged a bullet with a plain one?
http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pw/footb ... CQ&ipp=120
still keeping the faith
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Mixed feelings to be honest. It looks quite smart and crisp but as another poster mentioned, seems a lazy choice and very much a 'this one from the catalogue will do because it's got a Nike logo on it'. Then again I wasn't a fan of last years home kit when it was released but ended up buying one a few weeks later..
Will have to see it in the flesh to make a full judgement of course
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

We're not ever going to get a bespoke kit from Nike, yeah it's a little plain but it's fresh and looks decent!

All you have to do is look at Spurs new home kit and Chelsea away kit to realise not even they can have bespoke, one team only kits.

It's yellow, it's new, I like.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I Agree, and think it's far better than the bespoke piece of crap I bought last year, which has thread coming out of everywhere and a ridiculous flappy collar. Probably is a lazy choice, but with the smart looking sponsor logo, and even smarter club badge, will mean that we will look like a professional team home and away this season. Could have been far worse!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Actually even better than the new kits is Youngy's facial expressions in the photos! That's got to be worth a caption competition.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Everyone knows that Torquay United is yellow and blue, it’s who we are. This season’s first team kit is a really nice take on that theme and I think the majority of the Yellow Army will really like it or a the least be accepting of it.

The away kit is very accepting, nothing over the top or crass, just don't spill curry down it, it's a bugger getting dark jalfrezi stains out of white.

My verdict: I like it and at least I have not heard any comments yet that it looks like a butchers apron or an old shopping bag. So to this end, as our future is rooted in our history, I welcome a kit that carry's on our historic tradition.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

I not sold on the home kit at the moment however I am a big fan of the blue kit and the white kit. Its simple and good that we are using local businesses
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Rossi Martin wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 11:47 .... and good that we are using local businesses
Like we would turn down a multi national offering millions to sponsor us for a local firm.
We can only attract local businesses because our profile is so low.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Love the new kits. Best we've had for ages. Onwards and upwards.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Nice shirts, but it's a shame that TUFC didn't consider Miller's excellent designs. We have had a similar problem at Barrow, with Chairman Paul Casson choosing our bespoke playing kit from manufacturer Player Layer without consulting the supporters.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 12:56 Nice shirts, but it's a shame that TUFC didn't consider Miller's excellent designs. We have had a similar problem at Barrow, with Chairman Paul Casson choosing our bespoke playing kit from manufacturer Player Layer without consulting the supporters.
It's a shame this isn't the barrow forum.

But anyway, thanks for the insight, it's really interesting to know about Paul Casson's preferences.