Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

No, you wren't being non-committal. You said you decided to investigate and that it has something to do with the EU. You clearly did no research whatsoever. If you had then you would have realised that this is a long debunked white supremacist conspiracy theory peddled by washed up racists like Nick Griffin.

It's a bit rich for you of all people to complain of totalitarianism. You are the one who throws around labels such as treasonous and fascist with nothing to back them up. People can be anti-EU, plenty are. However, what you posted isn't anti-EU, it's as 78 said, racist claptrap. This isn't the first time is it? You shared an article from popular Neo-Nazi website Stormfront before and played the victim (just as you've done now) when confronted about it.

If I started sharing Stalinist literature and conspiracy theories that he or Mao for instance killed no one, you'd rightly tell me I was out of order. So it is with posting white supremacist material like you do.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I was actually accused of promoting extremist views! 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'. (attributed to Voltaire). That's my philosophy. One obviously not shared by a number of other people, people who would prefer to censor, silence, and shut down the views of those with whom they disagree, particularly those whom they regard as extreme. Forgetting, of course, that if such views are never heard, then we are unlikely to hear the counter-arguments. What is particularly galling is that defenders of free speech are tarred with the same brush as those who hold extreme views, when they defend their right to express them.
'Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.' (C.S.Lewis).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

You pull up into the supermarket car park. Turn the engine off. Gather your things and reach for the car door handle to open the door.

At the very same moment some small penised man pulls up in the parking space opposite with a van or 4x4 bigger than the vacant space inside my head and I then have to lose 5 stone in the space of 10 seconds in order to get out of my own car.

It happens a lot.

The next person to do this to me will be advised to trade in for a smaller vehicle and then attacked.

That's it really.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Yorkieandy wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 11:18 You pull up into the supermarket car park. Turn the engine off. Gather your things and reach for the car door handle to open the door.

At the very same moment some small penised man pulls up in the parking space opposite with a van or 4x4 bigger than the vacant space inside my head and I then have to lose 5 stone in the space of 10 seconds in order to get out of my own car.

It happens a lot.

The next person to do this to me will be advised to trade in for a smaller vehicle and then attacked.

That's it really.
I would tend to wait to see the size of the driver of the next vehicle to annoy me in such a way before I would draw such a conclusion! ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

stefano wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 11:25 I would tend to wait to see the size of the driver of the next vehicle to annoy me in such a way before I would draw such a conclusion! ;-)
Why should that matter? If you are prepared to take a pasting by having a pop at someone then does it matter if they are built like Andy Murray or Giant Haystacks? Either way it's gonna hurt. If it's a van load of blokes though i'll bite my tongue. 6 on 1 isn't a fair bout.

I must add that i wouldn't even consider having a pop if the offender was female or even a male with kids in the car. Bad example to set and could frighten them which is not what anyone wants.

I just wish people wouldn't pull up, edge their van more towards my drivers side so THEY have more room to get out of their vehicle leaving absolutely zero room for me to get in mine leading to me on some occasions actually having to enter my car through the passenger door to get across into the drivers seat. It's selfish arrogance and needs sorting.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yorkieandy wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 13:50
I just wish people wouldn't pull up, edge their van more towards my drivers side so THEY have more room to get out of their vehicle leaving absolutely zero room for me to get in mine leading to me on some occasions actually having to enter my car through the passenger door to get across into the drivers seat. It's selfish arrogance and needs sorting.
You mean you actually manage to slide across?? You must have a MASSIVE car :whistle:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 14:15 You mean you actually manage to slide across?? You must have a MASSIVE car :whistle:
:clap:

Sadly not. Must admit it's a getting a battle that i'm struggling to win.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Must be easy in Guernsey though having to share a supermarket car park with the other 7 inhabitants.. :na:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

stefano wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 11:25 Why should that matter? If you are prepared to take a pasting by having a pop at someone then does it matter if they are built like Andy Murray or Giant Haystacks? Either way it's gonna hurt. If it's a van load of blokes though i'll bite my tongue. 6 on 1 isn't a fair bout.
What a ridiculous comment....and you say it is the van driver who shows selfish arrogance! Basically you don't like people so you want to beat them up....it is just lucky most people are not like that.....and although you name Andy Murray as the slightly built example I bet he would give you a right pasting...and then afterwards let down the tyres of your transport.....still, it would give you something to have a rant about.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

My Christ. Is this for real?! As if I'm going to randomly attack a member of the public just like that. It was meant as a bit of humour but with a serious message. That's what ranting is isn't it? Sounding off about things that annoy you and that you'd like to get your hands on some folk. Doesn't mean you are going to assault them! Dear oh dear.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Why don't you blame the supermarket for too small parking bays?
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

People who insist on telling you their dog's age in "dog years". Does my box in.

"He's 10, that means he's 70 in doggie years".

No he isn't, he's 10. They just don't live for very long.

:slap:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

And while I'm in a bad mood (had Man-Flu since New Years Eve FFS!) :@

I hate anyone and everyone who type 'WHOOP WHOOP' after a post, anywhere!

What the foook does 'WHOOP WHOOP' mean?

Who ever said 'WHOOP WHOOP' in a conversation?

Where did this abomination 'WHOOP WHOOP' (and its cousin WOOP WOOP) come from in the first place?

(It's America isn't it, it's got to be).

I hope all 'WHOOP WHOOP' ers die horribly.......as soon as possible. :@ :@ :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!