If GI fail getting the freehold...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Evidence that I have suggests that there is a serious attempt being made to run a football club and re-establish the professional standards associated with that status ~ the hard work being carried out on the youth development front being a point in question and it is for that reason that my belief is that if GI are denied the freehold, they will seek too move the business on by way of sale.

.......and I don't believe there would be no takers either!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 18 May 2017, 19:59 Evidence that I have suggests that there is a serious attempt being made to run a football club and re-establish the professional standards associated with that status ~ the hard work being carried out on the youth development front being a point in question and it is for that reason that my belief is that if GI are denied the freehold, they will seek too move the business on by way of sale.

Well that's refreshing news
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

merse btpir wrote: 18 May 2017, 19:59 Evidence that I have suggests that there is a serious attempt being made to run a football club and re-establish the professional standards associated with that status ~ the hard work being carried out on the youth development front being a point in question and it is for that reason that my belief is that if GI are denied the freehold, they will seek too move the business on by way of sale.

Good bad or indifferent ?
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

I really hope the above is true, however history suggests that this bunch tend not to move on without leaving a path of destruction. We as a fanbase must stay strong and ensure we do everything to make life as unpleasant as possible surrounding any moves they (GI) make which are detrimental to the club.

The question I have is: I presume Mel Hayman (TUFC Financial Controller) is related to Ian Hayman who has been involved with the club for many years. Why is she sitting still, not doing anything whilst GI posture for position on obtaining the freehold? Surely it is apparent that it is detrimental to the club that she has family ties to? Or is she in with Phillips and co and riding the gravy train? The latter would be understandable if she was badly off but being a qualified accountant I would be surprised if she is struggling to get by
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

KeithMalone wrote: 19 May 2017, 10:37 I presume Mel Hayman (TUFC Financial Controller) is related to Ian Hayman who has been involved with the club for many years. Why is she sitting still, not doing anything whilst GI posture for position on obtaining the freehold? Surely it is apparent that it is detrimental to the club that she has family ties to? Or is she in with Phillips and co and riding the gravy train? The latter would be understandable if she was badly off but being a qualified accountant I would be surprised if she is struggling to get by
She most certainly is related; being the daughter of Ian Hayman who is a partner in the Paignton accountancy practice of John Wain & Co, Paignton......

Ian of course has been a director on the boards of Mike Bateson, Chris Roberts and Alex Rowe over a great many years. It has been put to me that Mel was instrumental in the £200 season ticket deal last season at a time when cash flow for the club was virtually non existent and there was a real emergency in getting through to the start of the season just passed. Whether that is fact or not I have to leave for others more knowledgeable to confirm or deny.

What is for sure is that she and Steve Breed were at considerable odds with one another and we know that Breed departed the scene on the decision of Dave Phillips in April 2016.

Strange that she should have been back in the fold really, as she was one of those made redundant by Phillips and his board on taking over the club and that she then 'appeared' to come back on board at the same time that the first tranche of capital injection was received from Gaming International. Coincidence or none of our business? But I happen to think those most important of stakeholders ~ the supporters ~ are due an explanation; just as they are too over the fact that Ian Hayman is now listed in the match day programme as a 'Lifelong President' along with Mervyn Benny and Thea Bristow although not on the club's OS nor can I recall this ever being announced formally to the public.

That's Mel Hayman:
sitting directly behind Clarke Osborne & Thea Bristow
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 19 May 2017, 14:34 I am not here to gain your trust, as I said you are welcome to meet face to face to talk
What are you trying to gain then if it's not trust? The plot thickens. If your prepared to depart with 60 litres of unleaded I will happily meet up with you in Wigan. Your responses are piss poor
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 20 May 2017, 12:20How on earth is an offer to meet and talk 'piss poor' and why do I want trust from anyone on this forum? I am simply using the forum to comment on club issues and give my point of view.
Have a great weekend.
:goodpost: