Andy Candy - Compliance Manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Andy Candy - Compliance Manager

Post by Richinns »

Where the hell did that come from?
http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 19985.aspx

I was sure Andy was anti GI? What has changed his mind? What does a compliance manager do?

Stunned!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

My priority has always been to try and help the Club. I started as a volunteer decades ago and was fortunate to enjoy the privilege of different senior roles. It became evident to me recently that with the loss of certain paid staff the Club might benefit from my knowledge and experience.
Compliance is all about meeting the licensing requirements set by the Council to ensure that the stadium is safe for public use. There are many key elements to making sure that the stadium meets the criteria that is very keenly enforced by the Safety Advisory Group. If these criteria are not satisfied SAG could refuse to allow the public entry so having someone in charge of this is important. I won't bore you with the detail but think public safety, stewarding, repairs and maintenance, structural surveys, fire safety etc.
I will only be at the Club on a very part time basis but as always if there is anything I can do to help fans who are struggling to get an answer from the Club, I will do my best to help.
Andrew
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well I never......

perhaps they want Andy to be a positive link to the fanbase as he has been and of course a forum member....

and of course he'd be good at the job (cough).... :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Richinns wrote: 18 May 2017, 16:49 What does a compliance manager do?
A compliance manager is a professional that keeps the legal and ethical integrity of a company intact through policy enforcement and program planning. He or she makes sure all departments of a business are complying with the rules and regulations the company upholds. :clap:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

A Candy wrote: 18 May 2017, 17:05 My priority has always been to try and help the Club. I started as a volunteer decades ago and was fortunate to enjoy the privilege of different senior roles. It became evident to me recently that with the loss of certain paid staff the Club might benefit from my knowledge and experience.
Compliance is all about meeting the licensing requirements set by the Council to ensure that the stadium is safe for public use. There are many key elements to making sure that the stadium meets the criteria that is very keenly enforced by the Safety Advisory Group. If these criteria are not satisfied SAG could refuse to allow the public entry so having someone in charge of this is important. I won't bore you with the detail but think public safety, stewarding, repairs and maintenance, structural surveys, fire safety etc.
I will only be at the Club on a very part time basis but as always if there is anything I can do to help fans who are struggling to get an answer from the Club, I will do my best to help.
Andrew
all the best and good luck Andrew.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

This appointment, accompanied with the signing of Keating (an excellent bit of early business), is an encouraging start to the summer.

There is still an awful long way to go but this is progress.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Good to see an Andrew back at the club!

Seriously, this can only be a good thing as it adds stability and nous to the back room staff.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Best of luck Andy. A man of integrity and with the club at heart.

At least there is one now inside TQ1. So it's a start. /
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Richinns wrote: 18 May 2017, 16:49Where the hell did that come from?
It's taken the club about four weeks to announce this; news seems to seep out rather than be communicated in a professional manner and as I understand it; he doesn't get paid anything either!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Yorkieandy wrote: 18 May 2017, 18:49 Best of luck Andy. A man of integrity and with the club at heart.

At least there is one now inside TQ1. So it's a start. /
If he's there on a "very part-time basis" will that actually make any difference?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Does this mean Rob Stanley is no more?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Just returned from taking my grandson (yes, I really am that old) to the Torquay United Development Centre to find these very kind comments which are much appreciated. I have been lurking around the corridors of Plainmoor for a few weeks now but in a purely ad hoc voluntary role which to my delight was confirmed today with the offer of a real job. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on staff who have left the Club other than to say that there are important gaps to be filled on the non-playing side which I am pleased to be able to assist with. Even on a part time basis I hope to be able to help with some of the less glamorous aspects involved with running a football club. Thank you again for your words of support and encouragement.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Good luck a candy...yes we have concerns but on other hand I've not problems with trusted people at the club , I'm sure you have club at heart.

Plainmoor is our home and leaving it and putting GI as owners of new stadium instead of tennents at our beloved plainmoor will hurt
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

A Candy wrote: 18 May 2017, 20:30 Just returned from taking my grandson (yes, I really am that old) to the Torquay United Development Centre to find these very kind comments which are much appreciated. I have been lurking around the corridors of Plainmoor for a few weeks now but in a purely ad hoc voluntary role which to my delight was confirmed today with the offer of a real job. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on staff who have left the Club other than to say that there are important gaps to be filled on the non-playing side which I am pleased to be able to assist with. Even on a part time basis I hope to be able to help with some of the less glamorous aspects involved with running a football club. Thank you again for your words of support and encouragement.
Welcome back Andy. Having yellow blood in the boardroom is very much welcomed. However, it would be nice or decency on the clubs behalf to announce who has left.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't think Andrew will spend much time in the boardroom, Lucy. He's not been made a Director :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com