If GI fail getting the freehold...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

....but re-enter Peter Masters? Ditch Truro and arrive at TQ1?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

If osborne and rich are 2 of the piggys which is the 3rd
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 17 May 2017, 16:25 If osborne and rich are 2 of the piggys which is the 3rd
Harrop has been known to put it away frequently ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think I would rather Smurthwaite than Masters
Poor old Geoff wont be very happy if GI make a swift exit, his brother in law is it? finds him a nice job then
says 'sorry Geoff, we're off now' .
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Bomber wrote: 17 May 2017, 11:50

They could allow the club to slide towards Administration rather than dissolve in the first instance, but that would mean they would be forced to accept in the region of 10p in the pound or less for their original investment.
So GI would be forced to pay themselves 10% of their original investor?

A company going into administration can't also be its own creditor.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Even if GI weren't the only possible buyers at the time, who is to say that other potential owners wouldn't have also have had designs on the freehold.
I would have thought it was near impossible to turn a non league/lower league football club into a profitable business, so unless the potential owner was looking for a rich mans toy I would still be suspicious of any private investors.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 17 May 2017, 12:27 The important thing to realise is this. If GI fail to get the freehold of plainmoor then there is still somewhere for a football team representing the town of Torquay to play.
It doesn't matter if it is TUFC or a reincarnation, the fact is we will still have a football ground. If we fail to protect the ground then I cannot see professional football ever returning to the bay.
As for a new stadium, I honestly do not think that will ever happen; anyway there is nothing wrong with plainmoor that couldn't be fixed with a bit of imaginative business know how.
:goodpost:
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Nobody has mentioned the "T" word yet on this thread. I would but I might be labelled a militant again :nod:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

gullpower wrote: 17 May 2017, 19:09 Nobody has mentioned the "T" word yet on this thread. I would but I might be labelled a militant again :nod:
I would wait and see what the outcome is before we start discussing community ownership again. It would be a whole new ball game and probably very different to last time when TUST were strung along by the old board and Pete Masters.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 17 May 2017, 18:04Even if GI weren't the only possible buyers at the time.........
The last people who actually bought the club were the consortium with Alex Rowe as chairman who had no choice but to pay Mike Bateson what he was asking for his shareholding.

Since then it has been disposed of 'for £1' and now acquired in lieu of the inability of the board that carried out that transaction to repay Gaming International their injection of working capital.........GI did NOT buy Torquay United; they took possession of it!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 17 May 2017, 19:14 I relish a face to face... to talk of course!

Bit pathetic whoever you are... clearly a troll or Clarke osborne / associate

Well we are the big bad wolves and contrary to that fairy tail we ARE going to blow your plans down.

END of piggy go stick that up your stout
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 17 May 2017, 12:27 The important thing to realise is this. If GI fail to get the freehold of plainmoor then there is still somewhere for a football team representing the town of Torquay to play.
It doesn't matter if it is TUFC or a reincarnation, the fact is we will still have a football ground. If we fail to protect the ground then I cannot see professional football ever returning to the bay.
As for a new stadium, I honestly do not think that will ever happen; anyway there is nothing wrong with plainmoor that couldn't be fixed with a bit of imaginative business know how.

Spot on!!
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Fonda wrote: 17 May 2017, 12:04 I've no idea who you are, but if (as has been insinuated by others) you are in some way involved with the chancers in charge of the club, that sounds an awful lot like a veiled threat?

For what it's worth, I'd rather the club was dissolved and start again 10 levels below where it currently is than let a prospector use it as a vehicle for his own gain. Just my opinion though.

Some good postings on this thread!!
TUST MEMBER
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 17 May 2017, 19:09 Meaning??
No one, trusts you on this forum. Your posts are very suspicious along with your appearance on this forum. Does that help
Lucy
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 17 May 2017, 19:12
I stand on half way line Popside. How on earth is my post a threat?

I welcome anyone to come and talk with me, I am nothing to do with GI!!

Now with all due respect **** off!!
That's quite an over-reaction. I made it very clear I didn't know who you were, the word 'if' is very obvious. Others have been much more forceful in their opinions of who you might be, without anything like that response. I'll assume I just caught you at a bad moment. Oh, and writing 'with all due respect' does not provide the freedom to tell someone to **** off. You might want to watch that, some might be offended by it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."