Trialist: Alex Henniker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jalexander
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: luke young

Trialist: Alex Henniker

Post by jalexander »

I hear that Torquay have a trialist by the name of Alex Henniker at the minute. He seems a promising prospect, can anyone shed any light on how he is doing in training or bounce matches ? The reason i ask is i live near the boy.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Internet tells me he is a goalscorer who plays for Ivybridge. Is that right?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

jalexander wrote:I hear that Torquay have a trialist by the name of Alex Henniker at the minute. He seems a promising prospect, can anyone shed any light on how he is doing in training or bounce matches ? The reason i ask is i live near the boy.
Are you Alex by any chance?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
jalexander
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jalexander »

Yes it is ivybridge that he plays for at the moment. To hear if he gets a contract at the end of the week.
jalexander
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jalexander »

[/quote] Are you Alex by any chance?[/quote]
very good
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

jalexander wrote:Are you Alex by any chance?
very good
How do you think it has gone so far?
TUST member 328
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

jalexander wrote:Yes it is ivybridge that he plays for at the moment. To hear if he gets a contract at the end of the week.
I shall be really pissed off if the Ivybridge team gets depleted as I wander down to Erme Park when Torquay are away or if I have been working on Saturday morning and it is too late to get to Plainmoor (or if at the previous game I have been physically groped by a steward before he will allow me to the turnstiles!!).

For heaven sake it's bad enough as it is! ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: I shall be really pissed off if the Ivybridge team gets depleted as I wander down to Erme Park when Torquay are away or if I have been working on Saturday morning and it is too late to get to Plainmoor (or if at the previous game I have been physically groped by a steward before he will allow me to the turnstiles!!).
Next time, get in the queue for the lady steward - won't get much better at our age, Stefano !! ;-)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tomogull wrote: Next time, get in the queue for the lady steward - won't get much better at our age, Stefano !! ;-)
I never have your luck. The one that chooses me to grope always has a beard (whatever their gender!) ;-)
Plymouth Gullss
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brett williams

Post by Plymouth Gullss »

I see this boy is still scoring goals for fun. 53 goals in 21 games. Maybe at a shocking level and he would have to loose a lot of weight but surely we could have took a punt on this man ?????
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I've said before, always worth having a look at players with that sort of record in the lower league just in case. If it's just a trial Pre-season, it's not doing any harm having a look
Plymouth Gullss
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brett williams

Post by Plymouth Gullss »

Agree Jeff, reading above it seems we have already had a look at him but as you say wouldn't harm bringing him again. He's like the Diego costa of the lower leagues
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Plymouth Gullss wrote: 15 May 2017, 15:38 Agree Jeff, reading above it seems we have already had a look at him but as you say wouldn't harm bringing him again. He's like the Diego costa of the lower leagues
He's you
TUST member 328
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Jeff wrote: 15 May 2017, 15:32 I've said before, always worth having a look at players with that sort of record in the lower league just in case. If it's just a trial Pre-season, it's not doing any harm having a look
For what it's worth we used to do this at a certain extent, we had a strong look at Jamie Vardy back in his Halifax Town days but got blown out of the water by Fleetwood Town's ridiculous financing at the time. Hopefully it's something that Dave Hedges brings back to the club, indeed given our current woeful budgets it's something we've absolutely got to do if we want to finish mid table or above. There's been a real lack of it over the past few seasons, besides getting in players that are woefully unsuited for our level to fill out the bench such as Jamie Chamberlain and the lad from Watcombe that was shite, simply because they are local.

Also how weird is this original post? Someone on trial at the club posting asking whether anyone knows whether he's on trial? Someone was looking for an ego boost...
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 15 May 2017, 16:01, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I actually thought Chamberlain looked OK last season. Admittedly I only saw him once (away at Braintree) but he did significantly more in 10mins than Williams did, and at least was a passable attempt at a footballer.

Sean Finch on the other hand - never before have I seen someone look so awkward in a TUFC shirt